Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Cannot wait to see Villa's accounts, this will all blow up fantastically.

I guess you're meaning FFP ? 

Does anybody actually know how this works ? 

I've listened to Simon Jordan (Mr Marmite) and I'm not too sure even he does ! It does seem very cloak & dagger. 

A 30m transfer fee and 125k in wages wouldn’t really have been called mental. It’s a 12m quid a year transfer on their accounts still. The only interesting bit is what premium have they paid to get it done early and stop anyone else sniffing about.

Idk if he’s gonna be any good tbf but If Tielemans is on 80k, he sits on our books at 12m a year 

Edited by Kopfkino

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Mental

Kamara has signed a ‘staggering contract’ with Aston Villa that will see him earn £60m over five years.

That figure includes a signing bonus but also sees him ‘more than double’ the wages he was earning at Marseille, which were €250k gross per month.

In other words, Kamara will be picking up at least a whopping €500k a month at Aston Villa, which works out at €125,000 a week, or €6m a year.

That accounts for around half of the £60m he’ll pick up over five years, which means Villa could have also given him as much as a £30m signing on fee to get him ahead of the competition.

This can't be true, surely? What the actual **** 😂

Wouldn't surprise me, he was easily going to get £150k a week somewhere, this is that with a signing on fee that is a bit shy of his transfer value. You can see why players want to run their contracts down, frightening. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wouldn't surprise me, he was easily going to get £150k a week somewhere, this is that with a signing on fee that is a bit shy of his transfer value. You can see why players want to run their contracts down, frightening. 

exactly this, it’s starting to become a bit too common. Footballers are getting rich at the expense of clubs. If you keep sucking money out of the game like this what hope do lower league sides have of surviving. 

just imagine if this becomes the norm that all agents push for, deals start getting signed for 2/3 years max just for players to run it down to make the bucks. 

A championship team that relies on that one big sale every 3/4 years suddenly is losing its bowen/ benhramas for free. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

exactly this, it’s starting to become a bit too common. Footballers are getting rich at the expense of clubs. If you keep sucking money out of the game like this what hope do lower league sides have of surviving. 

just imagine if this becomes the norm that all agents push for, deals start getting signed for 2/3 years max just for players to run it down to make the bucks. 

A championship team that relies on that one big sale every 3/4 years suddenly is losing its bowen/ benhramas for free. 

Oh no, players honoring their contracts…the horror.

• Haha 3

Villa now being linked with Suarez. Let's be honest, he ain't getting out of bed for less than £150k a week. At what point will the fa look into Villas finances? It's becoming a joke! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Villa now being linked with Suarez. Let's be honest, he ain't getting out of bed for less than £150k a week. At what point will the fa look into Villas finances? It's becoming a joke! 

after the handling of everton, anything is fair game. 

Their fans are loving it, yet 5 years ago they were genuinely in tears as they were expecting to go bust 

On 26/05/2022 at 19:54, Ric Flair said:

Diego Carlos is a dreadful bit of business.

Can't believe he's 29. Sevilla will go and replace him with somebody about 6 years younger, who is as good, for a third of the price. They're brilliant at it.

Villa are exciting but a bit reckless I think. It's all very Everton.

7 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

There's going to be an awkward scenario where one of the top 6 call them out on it. Then Newcastle say they're acting whiter than white and say how are villa getting away with it. Meanwhile Everton sit there saying nothing.

At some stage they'll all start accusing each other of breaking the rules and it's going to be very ugly. And hillarious.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

There's going to be an awkward scenario where one of the top 6 call them out on it. Then Newcastle say they're acting whiter than white and say how are villa getting away with it. Meanwhile Everton sit there saying nothing.

At some stage they'll all start accusing each other of breaking the rules and it's going to be very ugly. And hillarious.

Are they doing it now whilst there is still covid fall out and the rules and regs are unclear. In addition, the kwango being created to oversee English football could come up with any number of restrictions…….

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Technically he could just bum around for another year knowing he's our best midfielder 'on his day' and there's nothing we can do.

That’ll go down well for anyone looking at him. 2 straight years of underperforming. Defo gets himself a dream move after that!

52 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Technically he could just bum around for another year knowing he's our best midfielder 'on his day' and there's nothing we can do.

Hopefully if he does stay he will be benched by a new signing. Really don’t want another year of poor performances.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JimJams said:

That’ll go down well for anyone looking at him. 2 straight years of underperforming. Defo gets himself a dream move after that!

I'm sure management will put in a reminder or two if he's seen to be treading water. "If you want your next club to pay you a lucrative contract, may be a good idea to show your qualities."

21 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I expect he wanted more than that wage of £105/week

but villa can’t keep adding to their wages without having a problem (both in ffp terms and also with the general squad wage structure) 

so theyve likely loaded the s/o fee to accommodate that.  And I suspect they pay that s/o fee split into a guaranteed annual bonus to make it even more acceptable in their annual accounts. 

My prediction for Villa. They’ll get get into Europe, Gerard will be poached  in 2-3 years, they’ll drop down the prem and get into massive financial difficulties.

Edited by MPH

4 hours ago, JimJams said:

didn’t go too badly for aaron ramsey, ended up with a dream gig at juve on ridiculous pay 

you’ve got to remember in most of these cases the agents have already put the agreements in place verbally. 

Edited by Lambert09

33 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Where are villa getting their cash from?

They have extremely wealthy owners 

24 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Villa haven’t recently had 100 million training ground and potentially new updated stadium with hotels etc 

If we hadn’t built the training ground I doubt we would have spent any more than we have nett on fees.  We don’t have to amortise the cost of that infrastructure investment over five years as we have to with players fees 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

didn’t go too badly for aaron ramsey, ended up with a dream gig at juve on ridiculous pay 

you’ve got to remember in most of these cases the agents have already put the agreements in place verbally. 

He didn’t arse about in the last 2 years of his contract as was suggested in the post I replied to. In fact he was fans player of the season going into his final year.

48 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They have extremely wealthy owners 

If we hadn’t built the training ground I doubt we would have spent any more than we have nett on fees.  We don’t have to amortise the cost of that infrastructure investment over five years as we have to with players fees 

Correct.  But how are they to pay all these wages? - I see these us owners as wanting the value of the club to go up - not to be putting money in every year.  WE do pay some big wages - but villa seem to have both cash to buy (even if it is in stages and to wage the p[layers.