Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

And apparently De Jong isn’t interested in a move there, so maybe they’ll go for Youri too!

And let’s not forget Danny Drinkwaters contract at Chelsea has come to an end, so how could they resist that opportunity?

52 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Why are Villa signing players like Kamara and Diego Carlos whilst we're looking at James bloody Garner!

Because they are willing to offer players massive contracts

8 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Do people want the club to go into financial ruin? I wouldn’t be concerned with what Aston Villa are doing / offering for players as it clearly isn’t remotely sustainable. 

I'm not saying we should put ourselves in financial jeopardy but Jesus christ our transfer business has been cack for a while now 

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
5m
Sadio Mané has decided to leave Liverpool this summer 🚨🔴 #LFC 

He’s ready for a new experience after many special years with Reds - it will be confirmed to the club.

FC Bayern are strong contenders - but it’s still open and not completed as Sadio wanted to wait for the final.

59 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm not saying we should put ourselves in financial jeopardy but Jesus christ our transfer business has been cack for a while now 

We do make some weird signings but at least they aren’t gonna cost us the clubs financial security in the long term. This summer with a few players leaving we’re gonna be spending biggish, and still probably end up with a £40mish net spend just got to be patient!

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Why are Villa signing players like Kamara and Diego Carlos whilst we're looking at James bloody Garner!

How many times does it have to be said, that whoever some rag links us to on a Sunday morning is not necessarily who we want to sign...

• Like 1

It all feels a bit underwhelming if you ask me. Hope to be proven wrong but the pressure is on for the club to get it right this time and sign players that are high quality and enhance the team we have built.

nothing more and nothing less will do.

we cannot afford to do nothing and we cannot afford anymore flops.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

It all feels a bit underwhelming if you ask me. Hope to be proven wrong but the pressure is on for the club to get it right this time and sign players that are high quality and enhance the team we have built.

I have to admit I’m quite worried about this summer.. I hope we don’t try to be clever like last summer and get flops 

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

I have said this countless times, but the way to improve the squad is to bring in players who are better than you have already in the first team. So the current first teamer drops to the bench, and the current bench player moves on, or becomes even more on the fringe.  Obviously that may mean you have to either spend more than you may like, or you don't bring so many in, but you bring in quality over quantity. 

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I have to admit I’m quite worried about this summer.. I hope we don’t try to be clever like last summer and get flops 

I don't think you can say we tried to be clever last summer and that's what cost us. Why would you try not to be clever? Ultimately the majority of our signings didn't work or haven't worked yet. It's obviously a concern because we've had patchy success with transfers since Rodgers arrived but as we very well know its not all on him, its the recruitment team.

I'm quietly confident we'll do quite well this summer and we'll improve next season.

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think you can say we tried to be clever last summer and that's what cost us. Why would you try not to be clever? Ultimately the majority of our signings didn't work or haven't worked yet. It's obviously a concern because we've had patchy success with transfers since Rodgers arrived but as we very well know its not all on him, its the recruitment team.

I'm quietly confident we'll do quite well this summer and we'll improve next season.

I just meant with Vestergaard and Bertrand.. personally I thought it was quite obvious they would never work out and those decisions did cost us quite a bit.

Hopefully you are right but some of the names mentioned recently are quite underwhelming 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chapero82 said:

I just meant with Vestergaard and Bertrand.. personally I thought it was quite obvious they would never work out and those decisions did cost us quite a bit.

Hopefully you are right but some of the names mentioned recently are quite underwhelming 

it wasn’t quite obvious though. The lions share of fans thought it was decent business under the circumstances. As did most of the footballing world. Southampton fans did however laugh at how much they got for vesty but they certainly wouldn’t have expected it to go as badly as it has. 

• Like 1