Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'd be exceptionally wary of signing a top 4 line un defensive under 21 midfielder from France who's giving up champions league football for mid table obscurity.

Didn't exactly work out brilliantly for us did it....

This Kamara is the real deal, trust me.

I do enjoy how much you hate Villa though, I'm the same with Brighton 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

True, but our revenue was £42m more than theirs in 20/21.

Add to that the signing of established PL Ings, Digne and then Coutinho 

I've read the first two are on 100k plus and Coutinho is on 170k, that's around 400k a week slapped on.

Remember seeing a list of the top wages for the strikers in the Prem and both Ings and Watkins were earning over £100k a week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Absolutely adore how upset Gerrard was yesterday. They're just an aimless money club, doubt they've even watched him play. Interesting that no big side in England went for him either given a few of them need a DM.

Villa are a big side...And are showing the ambition of one.

Kamara and Coutinho, I guarantee they're two stronger signings than we make all Summer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Villa are a big side...And are showing the ambition of one.

Kamara and Coutinho, I guarantee they're two stronger signings than we make all Summer.

On Paper it may look nicer, I'm a big fan of Kamara and have seen quite a lot of him at Marseille this season. 

But we have seen first hand some players find it difficult to transition from Ligue 1 to the Prem so there is no guarantee he does well. (I personally think he will) 

Coutinho is a great player but I am still not convinced he is the answer and that I would want him in my team for what his wages are, I much prefer our policy of going after players like CDK from Brugge because you can almost pretty much guarantee you'll make money on them like we will with Fofana. it's a much more sustainable model to follow imo.  

Honestly the transfer market period is so strange with everyone getting out of sorts over other teams signing players that they haven't watched. Aston villa are the next major advertisement of why chasing new toys every season is a poor transfer strategy. Building a strong dressing room atmosphere and mentality by properly integrating and supporting players instead of tossing them out every couple seasons is a much better recipe for success than chasing talent.

26 minutes ago, stu said:

Looks to be approx. €30m for a 29 year old CB. Going to be another Summer of Villa splashing the cash.

Doubt he’ll replace club captain Mings and think Konsa’s their best CB so not sure it really improves them much…