Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

10 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

i feel like mane is the most under appreciated player in that side by a considerable distance.  Maybe he’s got the neymar’s and realises he needs to step out of salahs shadow? 

Think thats a fair point, if he wants to be the "main man" he is not going to get that at Liverpool

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

anyone know why mane wants to leave? it seems a little odd to me. Liverpool are in the top 3 clubs in world football right now. 

Liverpool have their old front three of Salah, Mane and Firmino, all at or around 30yo and all with contracts close to expiry. Logic suggests they can all stay, I’d imagine 2 of the 3 go, and are replaced with younger models. Salah to stay, and be the only one who is offered an extension of decent length and wage. Diaz is already in, I think they will go for a link-up type striker this summer. We will see. Got laughed out of the forum for suggesting Nacho could fit in there as a forward option to drop in and link play with their inside forwards running beyond… what do I know. Still think he would suit them. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Liverpool have their old front three of Salah, Mane and Firmino, all at or around 30yo and all with contracts close to expiry. Logic suggests they can all stay, I’d imagine 2 of the 3 go, and are replaced with younger models. Salah to stay, and be the only one who is offered an extension of decent length and wage. Diaz is already in, I think they will go for a link-up type striker this summer. We will see. Got laughed out of the forum for suggesting Nacho could fit in there as a forward option to drop in and link play with their inside forwards running beyond… what do I know. Still think he would suit them. 

Nah he definitely doesn’t have the work rate for that team. Firminio and Jota are like blue arsed flies they never stop running. 

I think Mane has fallen off quite a lot recently. He doesn’t seem that explosive anymore and doesn’t seem to work on the wing. 

To be better than City they defo need a midfielder who scores goals regularly cos Keita is dog shit and the rest barely score. 

Kane would be absolutely perfect for them, I imagine Salah is seeing out his contract so he can get a big pay rise at the end of it so they definitely need an out and our goal scorer. 

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them go for Barnes at some point I think he’d be great for them under Klopp. He’s already better than what Mane was for Southampton IMO. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Nah he definitely doesn’t have the work rate for that team. Firminio and Jota are like blue arsed flies they never stop running. 

I think Mane has fallen off quite a lot recently. He doesn’t seem that explosive anymore and doesn’t seem to work on the wing. 

To be better than City they defo need a midfielder who scores goals regularly cos Keita is dog shit and the rest barely score. 

Kane would be absolutely perfect for them, I imagine Salah is seeing out his contract so he can get a big pay rise at the end of it so they definitely need an out and our goal scorer. 

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them go for Barnes at some point I think he’d be great for them under Klopp. He’s already better than what Mane was for Southampton IMO. 

What? Mane was fantastic this season.

• Like 2

We're competing with this lot over signing one of the most promising talents in Europe.

They're scrounging over 2m on a quality player, how are they meant to compete if we just raise our offer on CDK by 5m or throw 85k/ week at him?

Edited by LFox99

10 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

I think Iheanacho is the profile that fits them too... Just wonder if he can fit into their pressing system as well as Firmino.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

The pundits were literally all calling the Champions League final as a straight shootout between him and Benzema for the Ballon d'or!! lol

9 hours ago, LFox99 said:

We're competing with this lot over signing one of the most promising talents in Europe.

They're scrounging over 2m on a quality player, how are they meant to compete if we just raise our offer on CDK by 5m or throw 85k/ week at him?

they arent being stupid with money now tbf, like most clubs they want to get a good deal etc

plus theyve just had a cash injection/take over at the club and won the league, so AC are an attractive side for some players atm

Edited by FrankieADZ

20 hours ago, turlo said:

The scousers are throwing their dummies out the pram at Bayern trying to low ball them, forgetting they did the exact same with Thiago 2 seasons ago! Will probably end up getting 30-35m for him. 

£25m for a 30 year old Mane that's out of contract next summer isn't that lowball as an opening offer IMO. Put another £5m on it and they sign him.

I've never considered him to be up there with the true elite wingers in the league like Salah, Hazard and Bale. More in the category of Sterling, Mahrez and Son.

Tchoumeni all but confirmed to Madrid for upwards of €80 million.

Remember watching the French U21s last year when we were linked with Soumaré (and Édouard) and people on here were suggesting Tchoumeni looked the better bet. What could have been… 

16 hours ago, LFox99 said:

They're also getting linked with Berardi now.

If I'm De Ketelaere, I'd be careful with my choices. You don't want to agree to a deal with AC Milan and then find out you're having to compete with 1 or even 2 much more experienced players for minutes just before the world cup

43 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Remember watching the French U21s last year when we were linked with Soumaré (and Édouard) and people on here were suggesting Tchoumeni looked the better bet. What could have been… 

A midfield of Camvinga, Valverde and now Tchoumeni…wow.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Phenom said:

A midfield of Camvinga, Valverde and now Tchoumeni…wow.

Camavinga would feature highly on my wishlist of youngsters if money was no object and we had the pull of Real/Barca/Bayern. A truly fabulous young player.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Tchouameni was never coming here, always destined for a bigger club. 

Is Tchouameni really worth €80m+? It blows my mind that Real Madrid have paid more for him than Man City paid for Haaland.

I get that there was a release clause for Haaaland, but still...transfer fees are way out of hand. We seem to have skipped from 40m ish fees being common to 80m fees. What happened to the 50-70m fees??