Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Super_horns

Drinking in the stands ?

14 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

In home ends probably. The away ends are going to be a nightmare mix of people heading up and down the stands for a pint, and then many halves of pints landing on you when we score for the previously mentioned CELEBRATION BANTZ.

Special lookout for those filming their lobbing of the beer in the air at a penalty as they have had time to prep for it. Gotta get those likes.

• Like 2

It will be the nobheads that ruin it, like anything. I must say though, you can drink in your seat over here, there’s barely ever a queue for the beer, you can nip down and be back in 2 mins with a 6 pint holder of bad Danish beer and spend the rest of the game chain smoking fags. A lot more enjoyable than cramming that all in at half time.

• Like 2

I don't remember the ordinary terrace fan being able to drink in the stands or even being on sale inside the stadiums. Maybe those in the posher seats did?

14 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

It will be the nobheads that ruin it, like anything. I must say though, you can drink in your seat over here, there’s barely ever a queue for the beer, you can nip down and be back in 2 mins with a 6 pint holder of bad Danish beer and spend the rest of the game chain smoking fags. A lot more enjoyable than cramming that all in at half time.

Spot on. 99.9% of people could drink alcohol in their seats responsibly without causing any bother, but as with most things it would only take one irresponsible nobhead to ruin it for everyone and get it banned again.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

Far too many people focused on the booze rather than the football to be honest. I like a beer at the football as much as anyone but some take it to extreme unnecessary levels. 

I enjoyed watching the game in Berlin with a beer in hand but I feel it will be a bit different when emotionally involved in the game, and as pointed out at above, it gets chucked everywhere every time we successfully defend a corner...

• Like 2

I really like beer.

I really like football.

I'm not too sure they mix that well, however.

I have been to a couple of games under the influence (years ago) and from the little I recall, it didn't enhance the viewing experience.  

I also know from experience that football supporting isn't much fun if the dude next to you is rat arsed and you are stone cold sober.

I would suggest that if you can't abstain for a few hours, you maybe have a problem greater than merely wanting to enjoy yourself.

• Like 1

Beer or Clappers/Clapping you can't hold and partake in both at the same time. Would singing be as easy with a beer in your hand?

Not for me. Most people can't handle it and I don't really want to be surrounded by lads throwing beer around acting like ****. If I want that I'll go to a gig.

Never understood it personally. I like football and I like beer but together it's a disaster for people who drink far too much. I like two or three pints before kick off but people can't handle what they try and drink.

• Like 1

As has been touched on it'd turn into who can create the best "scenes" like the naff Boxpark ones you get every international tourney. It'll just amplify morons.

To add I've never ever understood why anyone would actively want to have a beer in a professional club's stadium in this country, whether it's pre kick off or at half time. Endless queues, £££, and pre poured garbo pints. Easier (and not hard) to go a couple of hours without.

• Like 3

As someone who follows non-league it's really weird reading these posts :D

I suppose we get less pr*cks 99% of the time, they only show up for the big games. Class being able to have a pint and watch the game, weirdly never had the urge to lob my pint over everyone when I was 18 either, must be a new thing.