Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Sofiane Diop

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Two things:

1) there is no way Diop would be available for just £20m

2) he's mainly a left winger, we surely aren't going to make the same mistake again?

lol

why ever would we do that?

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not before we sort the right wing out. Even in a supposedly bad season Barnes got 25 goals and assists and Lookman did very well for a back up LW. The numbers from the right wing are appalling in comparison, it's staggering we haven't rectified it yet.

oh i don’t disagree. But maybe this will be the season we bring in 2 wingers. One rw and someone like Diop/ lookman that can cover both sides. 

we need 3 strong wingers if we have any chance of breaking the top 6. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...seems like he has had different positions in the last 2 seasons!!!

Screenshot_20220605-173056_Chrome.thumb.jpg.32b741ec6fc377268857c5da624e5e83.jpg

I've seen a fair bit of Monaco and he never plays on the right, what is this witchcraft?! 😂

These clips suggest he plays all over the place so I can see why we'd want him! Funny how you form an opinion of a player but clips and stats paint a different picture

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

These clips suggest he plays all over the place so I can see why we'd want him! Funny how you form an opinion of a player but clips and stats paint a different picture

The article on the first page says that he drops deeper and gets ball close to the center. He admires Fabregas and you can tell that, because he has good progressing passes and he kinda of "assists assist". Also he has very good close control, also pace and dribbling. He does not shot too much, overall hes main strength is ball progressing.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've seen a fair bit of Monaco and he never plays on the right, what is this witchcraft?! 😂

Hahaha.

IMO BR is trying to gain the flexibility with LW/RW interchangeable players as we have with our wingbacks I.e. Castagna/Justin.

Creating this, with a tight knit midfield, playmakers, CB's and strikers would be perfect. We aren't man city though.

I could be talking crap...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Two things:

1) there is no way Diop would be available for just £20m

2) he's mainly a left winger, we surely aren't going to make the same mistake again?

Why are we thinking Barnes is staying..

this guy trys things we haven’t seen down the KP since Knocky. I’m all for another flair player who is completely unpredictable. 

Some of his tricks would send us wild but knowing our luck he’ll mess the first one up and brendan will bench him for 5 games 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, majaco said:

The Diop thread becomes about Barnes!

Imagine that!? A discussion about a potential signing leads to one about a current player who plays the same position and who's playing time would be directly affected by said signing. I can't for the life of me understand why folk would be discussing said current players ability/recent form and why/if it would be necessary to bring a replacement in. 

...The world's gone mad, I tell ya. 

Monaco are in the UCL next season and seldom sell their best players other than for huge fees, there's not a chance we get him and certainly not for less than £40m which we'd never pay.

Complete non-story.

• Like 2