Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Alban Lafont

Just now, Saxondale said:

Yeah, I’m sure he’s on a few quid.

No point then mate. No point Schmeichel leaving to free up big wages, just to replace him with another keeper on big wages.

Im with you though, he’s a very good keeper

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Leno isn't actually very good is he? There's a reason Arsenal replaced him. 

Arsenal have made it policy to offload older players on big money. They’ve bank rolled it as part of their working model for the club. Led by Edu I believe.

It’s cost them a few quid to do it but it’s left them with pretty much a whole squad of younger players.

They can afford to do that and they’ve done it.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Arsenal have made it policy to offload older players on big money. They’ve bank rolled it as part of their working model for the club. Led by Edu I believe.

It’s cost them a few quid to do it but it’s left them with pretty much a whole squad of younger players.

They can afford to do that and they’ve done it.

But he’s not been offloaded ?  Ramsdale pushed him down to no 2 

13 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Why’s everybody slating Leno? I swear he’s absolute class.

I don't think he's a bad keeper but I think it would be a shame if we didn't use Kasper's departure as an opportunity to bring in a different profile of keeper without his pronounced weaknesses, and Leno as far as I can tell is basically a carbon copy but probably slightly worse.

• Like 1

I would imagine that, if we did sign this lad, Ward would want to leave. 

He was brought in as back up for Kasper. Kasper leaves then he's told he's no Kaspers replacements backup.... If he's got anything about him he would be pushing for a move. 

Leno is a no go unless he takes a pay cut. He’s on £100k per week. 

https://www.capology.com/player/bernd-leno-33667/profile/

We’re not paying £8m to sign him, with 12 months left on his contract. 

You’re looking at £30m over the course of the contract including fees, with no upset value. 

Compare that to Lafont.

https://www.capology.com/player/alban-lafont-36183/profile/

Similar cost but resale value. 

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

Is 20m a lot? How are we affording that? 

How long before West Ham and Newcastle get linked?! 

I thought the general vibe was transfer fees wasn't the issue, it was wages off the books because we're right up against the coming wage:turnover restrictions? This lad won't be on anywhere near what Kasper is

57 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Brendan would like Leno because he is confident with his feet - but we won’t pay what he’ll want and nor will we pay the fee arsenal want. 

Not keen on taking cast offs (and Leno is definitely one of those) from a club who we allegedly have ambitions to challenge for a top 6 place. What happened to signing highly motivated young players on the up, rather than older, declining players from so called big clubs? The latter has been what Everton have been doing in recent years and look where it has got them. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Not keen on taking cast offs (and Leno is definitely one of those) from a club who we allegedly have ambitions to challenge for a top 6 place. What happened to signing highly motivated young players on the up, rather than older, declining players from so called big clubs? The latter has been what Everton have been doing in recent years and look where it has got them. 

Completely agree

Losing Schmeichel to gain Leno is not progress

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I didn’t say I agreed - just observing what our coach values highly in a keeper ….