Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

loftus-cheek

I have always liked him and wanted us to sign him in the past. 

However, he has not become the player I thought he would, and this would not transform our midfield in any way. 

It would however, gives us an extra player of premier league quality who could slot straight in and do a job. 

I think a loan until the summer would be an OK deal, especially if we are still struggling with financial constraints. 

• Like 4

He doesn’t produce a lot but he’d offer us flexibility with his ability to play in the middle or on the right, help us keep possession, and he’s decent in the air. 

But also, anyone looks good to me right now. lol

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Would have to be a loan / transfer that is favourable to us to make up for his wages

He already earns over £150k a week and no way should he be coming in as our highest earner

5 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Big wages, injury prone. This makes sense

Players probably expect to take a pay cut when leaving a top six side.

If this is our answer to a relegation scrap, we might as well sink now and start planning a rebuild on a Championship budget. 

Average player, another one who I would not trust to have the mentality to fight for the cause. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

• Like 1

A loan for the rest of the season wouldn't be the worst idea. I feel like we are not working hard enough in games at the moment. 5 subs with several midfield options means players can press with more intensity. I'd agree that he's average, but honestly average is better than the form of many in the team at the moment. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Injury wise he looks to be well over his Achilles injury from 2019 and not really injury prone at least

Only really a short period out with Covid and his recent calf injury which he looks to be back from in the last 3 years

Yes but thats but how it works on here, he’s either injured, paid too much, not good enough or he’ll not want to play in the championship.

Edited by hackneyfox

If he werent so injury prone then id take him all day, think hes quality personally. Injury prone is not what you need in a relegation battle mind. Would much rather Gallagher if he became available, think he’d be a very good player at our sort of level and would actually give our midfield mobility

Edited by South Shire Fox

I've never been over fussed about him but at this moment I'd take him as a stop gap as long as the wages aren't an issue.

Didn't realise he was 26. All the hype he got and he's only played 200 games.

Edited by Fox92

Just now, Fox92 said:

I've never been over fussed about him but at this moment I'd take him.

Didn't realise he was 26. All the hype he got and he's only played 200 games.

Yeah but.... he.... he had that great spell where your girlfriend/boyfriend ****ing loved football for two months because of him... 

• Like 1