Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Praet won't play at the weekend - to put it politely he was fcuked after 40 mins last night. 

Be very interesting to see his side for the Wolves game.

Youri and KDH were absolutely done in at the end of last night.

As much as I don’t want to see it, I can see him using the likes of Thomas, Albrighton, Perez and Mendy on Sunday.

Fully expect both Kelechi AND Daka to start. 

• Like 1

O agree that he's worth a go on the right in a 4231. My only concern with that is the midfield 2. I'm not sure that any of our current options are good enough allround to play as a two. KDH is probably best suited but he's not been at his best. 

39 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Tielemans has been good all season. After Maddison he's been our best player so far.

People just seem to knock him.

That’s not true, we wouldn’t be 19th if he has genuinely been good all season. He’s been rightly been criticised for plenty awful performances where he can’t even make a 5 yard pass. He’s been great in odd individual games including last night, but awful in many others and generally erratic and inconsistent. Certainly far from “good all season”.

Castagne has been our second best player probably, but even he has been inconsistent and still a level below Maddison.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

That’s not true, we wouldn’t be 19th if he has genuinely been good all season. He’s been rightly been criticised for plenty awful performances where he can’t even make a 5 yard pass. He’s been great in odd individual games including last night, but awful in many others and generally erratic and inconsistent. Certainly far from “good all season”.

Castagne has been our second best player probably, but even he has been inconsistent and still a level below Maddison.

It's a team game though. Can I not say Maddison has had a good season either?

Tielemans has been rightly criticised, I for one have been of his biggest critics, but I think this season he has been consistently the best of a bad bunch (aside from Maddison).

If we had better finishes, Tielemans would have racked up more assists now. He laid three chances out on a plate at Stamford Bridge and not one got converted.

4 hours ago, poppowell said:

Thats one way of squeezing him in, do you reckon anyone would notice we have 12 on the pitch 😁

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Having 12 players on the pitch would definitely help!

well you’ve both embarrassed yourselves… count them? 

There’s nowhere that said we’d play a keeper :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's a team game though. Can I not say Maddison has had a good season either?

Tielemans has been rightly criticised, I for one have been of his biggest critics, but I think this season he has been consistently the best of a bad bunch (aside from Maddison).

If we had better finishes, Tielemans would have racked up more assists now. He laid three chances out on a plate at Stamford Bridge and not one got converted.

Yes and he was pretty dire vs Bournemouth, Spurs, Brighton, Arsenal and ManUtd. Could barely pass straight.

He has had 2 or 3 excellent games this season including against Chelsea but he’s had more crap games. “Consistent” is one of the absolute last things

Picking a couple of games out and saying he’s been “consistently the best of a bad bunch” and “good all season” is a massive stretch and massive recency bias based on  the last game. Consistent is the absolute last thing Tielemans has been this season.

Edited by Sampson

I wouldn't mind Praet not starting because of how underused he has been. He needs to get right back up to match fitness. But he should definitely come off the bench at some point at the weekend and be in contention to start as part of our strongest XI in games beyond that. He just adds balance.

If we have to rotate Soumare, KDH and Tielemans in order to do that, so be it. All of those players will need to be kept fresh at points too.

Edited by ALC Fox