Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

We won't.  Rodgers will never start him unless Maddison is out - I don't see what more proof anyone could possibly need of that.

What he did today he did basically not having played all season, and playing out of position.  Unlike the manager he's a total professional.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

Love KDH, but would rather Praet played on the right with Maddison in the 10 position.

You know, normal managers rotate players.  Between Maddison, Praet, Tielemans, and KDH there’s enough positional versatility to where you can easily give all those guys plenty of playing time and keep them fresh.

But then - normal managers, and that’s decidedly not the goober we have now.  And Praet couldn’t buy minutes even before KDH came back into the side.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Love KDH, but would rather Praet played on the right with Maddison in the 10 position.

I said this in the match thread. 

As much as Praet isn't really good enough to be the long term right winger we need, he's probably the best option we have in the squad. 

The one thing he gave us yesterday was actual width and an actual threat down the right (as well as some cover for the fullback.) It was a stark reminder of how awful our shape actually is with this "experiment" forcing Madders out "wide." 

I wouldn't pick Praet ahead of KDH, Tielemans or Maddison in the middle of the park but I probably would, on last nights showing, play Praet on the right and put Madders back where he's at his best. 

Keeper*

Castagne, Evans, Faes, Justin 

Tielemans, Ndidi 

Praet, Maddison, Barnes 

Daka

That's probably the best team we can realistically put out to get the best out of Rodgers' preferred way of playing. It's harsh on KDH but I think having the right shape is probably more important than shoe horning certain players in to the team and it gives you another strong option off the bench.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

Think the three Belgians really looked a good unit last night, Praet,understandably tired, but saw enough to persevere…..Madders and Evans will be hard to leave out, but Praet and Amartey after two clean sheets for big Dan will also not be easy to drop….big game Sunday…..we weren’t great last night, but ground out a result in just the way  we haven’t been….

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I do think the forward line should be….

Praet Maddison Barnes

Vardy/Daka

Seems very obvious. 

That’s the frustration, it’s clearly there for all to see BUT you know it will be a straight swap for Madders on Sunday.

Back to the lopsided formation again 🙄

• Like 1

I thought Tielemans was very good yesterday, he controlled everything. He seemed to be patrolling the Leeds press and then starting our moves from very deep. I know he’s had his doubters and he’s not been himself for long periods over the last couple of seasons but when he’s in form his quality. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

As much as Praet isn't really good enough to be the long term right winger we need, he's probably the best option we have in the squad. 

The one thing he gave us yesterday was actual width and an actual threat down the right (as well as some cover for the fullback.) It was a stark reminder of how awful our shape actually is with this "experiment" forcing Madders out "wide." 

I wouldn't pick Praet ahead of KDH, Tielemans or Maddison in the middle of the park but I probably would, on last nights showing, play Praet on the right and put Madders back where he's at his best. 

Keeper*

Tielemans, Ndidi 

Praet, Maddison, Barnes 

Daka

That's probably the best team we can realistically put out to get the best out of Rodgers' preferred way of playing. It's harsh on KDH but I think having the right shape is probably more important than shoe horning certain players in to the team and it gives you another strong option off the bench.

I'm of this opinion too but still not sure it works if we drop KDH. If we don't press from the front then we are utter pony and KDH is the linchpin at this, I'd like to see what we're like with Daka, Maddison, Barnes and Praet pressing and if it works then it's a viable option.

He had a good game last night; put him self about, got involved and made himself available. He's not top drawer though, close but not there. He has what I've heard described (in another context) as 'dolphin moments' (dolphins can apparently sleep as they swim) That is, he has moments where he switches off, can lose his man or the ball. That can be resolved though, through commitment, and I reckon he's a player I'd want to keep.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Keeper*

Tielemans, Ndidi 

Praet, Maddison, Barnes 

Daka

That’s the formation and midfield 3 that served Rodgers so well during first couple of years as well so it’s strange he wouldn’t go with those 3 in middle of the park. Cant pinpoint the exact time but it just feels like KDHs emergence has changed this and it hasn’t exactly gone great since 

7 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

We won't.  Rodgers will never start him unless Maddison is out - I don't see what more proof anyone could possibly need of that.

What he did today he did basically not having played all season, and playing out of position.  Unlike the manager he's a total professional.

In fairness, who do you drop in place of Praet. He did really well tonight but we can’t play 12…

55 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

In fairness, who do you drop in place of Praet. He did really well tonight but we can’t play 12…

We should 100% drop one of Ndidi, Tielemans or KDH. Rotate between dropping all 3 and see which is the best 2 player combination behind Barnes, Maddison and Praet.

If Praet can give us far more balance on the right then it’s much more important we play him than playing 4 theoretically better central players and having this awful lopsided 4-3-3 that clearly doesn’t work.

This season has been like England under Sven when we’ve just tried to shoehorn Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans, KDH and Ndidi all into the same side because they’re the biggest names, when it’s clear they don’t all work together.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Not surprised at Dennis's performance. He was our best player in pre season and gets rewarded by being dropped until now. He was very good again and showed how much better we are with width on both wings. No reason Rodgers shouldn't rotate him for the rest of the season seeing that he can play through the middle and on both wings.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, taupe said:

He had a good game last night; put him self about, got involved and made himself available. He's not top drawer though, close but not there. He has what I've heard described (in another context) as 'dolphin moments' (dolphins can apparently sleep as they swim) That is, he has moments where he switches off, can lose his man or the ball. That can be resolved though, through commitment, and I reckon he's a player I'd want to keep.

I mentioned this is the match thread last night. The ball was going out for our throw near their corner flag and he could easily have chased it down if he wanted but he let it go out of play instead. 

Timmy took the throw in but Praet was staring at his boots rather than showing and being available. We inevitably lost the ball, they broke, and Praet just jogged back half arsed.

He did well last night but needs to do more IMO. Maybe this is why he's not a regular starter.