Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

7 minutes ago, Dusty said:

He rarely showed he was good enough, who is he going to displace, madders or youri? Whenever he plays we’re all so disappointed in his performance or even notice he’s playing. He’s been a dud signing, Rodger’s has to take some of the blame for him coming in but I’m not angry at him for not playing a player that’s scarcely shown he’s good enough. 

He should’ve been rotated far more with KDH this season, he’s not a Youri and he’s not a Maddison but he’s an alternative to KDH and there’s been periods this season based on form when rotation in that 3rd midfield role has made every sense. 

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

He should’ve been rotated far more with KDH this season, he’s not a Youri and he’s not a Maddison but he’s an alternative to KDH and there’s been periods this season based on form when rotation in that 3rd midfield role has made every sense. 

Well as both are injured , he is going to play good enough or not. It would be remarkable if he is here next season when they are gone.

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Fair enough, I think we’ll just have to agree to disagree. For me, KDH offers far more intensity and not something we’ve seen enough of from Praet. Praet  can deffo keep the ball better but I’d say he offers less attacking threat than KDH too.

I thought he didn’t look too bad out on the left, considering he heavily favours the right hand side. 

He’s more of an albrighton, he can pick a pass but don’t expect him to run past players. 

Wonder if he will be starting if barnes doesn’t recover 🤔

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 months later...

Unless he wants out then we need to keep, he starts before Ndidi for sure, whether he starts over Casadei if we get him not sure.

We also need him & Casadei to cover Winks position for rests, suspension & injury as I wouldn’t trust anyone else there, so very important player and will/should get a fair few games this season.

ps I think he was only sub to Ndidi today due to coming back from a little niggle & Ndidi would have been more up to speed with the fitness and game plan as he played the Liverpool game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Coventry just didn't pick him up when he came on, he gave the midfield a much better balance. I've criticised him a lot but he was the missing link today.

likewise, I've been one of his biggest critics too. There's no doubting his ability. It's whether he has the stomach for it when the going gets tough. That's when you need your big players.

Credit were it's due though, He made the difference when he came on today.

We could use his passing ability especially in this league.

• Like 1

Yeah, Praet may be one of those where a move looks more likely so he didn't start. Also, Ndidi may have been favoured due to his heading ability given the opponent's set piece strength.

But Praet made such a positive impact, and he's looked good in pre-season as well. Maybe he'll change his mind and stay as well? At the very least, helps our negotiating position with Torino.