Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

On 08/08/2022 at 06:47, Gazza M said:

"I'm very pleased Dennis with how you are training since coming back. Keep it up and there will be opportunities." 

Would have been perfect to come on and put a shift in for 25 mins yesterday for starters. What tripe is Rodgers talking. 

Utter...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Lichfieldfox. said:

What I don't get is why Praet wasn't used as a sub on Saturday when Tielemans form has been patchy at best. He has a point to prove and needs to be used.

Exactly, Brendan is a liar.  All I can think is Dennis is staying as Brendan is going hopefully very soon! 

• Like 3

On 08/08/2022 at 06:46, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Last week:

"Dennis is in great shape. I pulled him in Evian and he's ready to play a big role this season" (I paraphrase) 

Yesterday:

" The players are fatigued, and we're running out of steam. Dennis, keep your top on, you're going nowhere." 

So the message I get from this is, if you let Brendan pull you, you've more chance of playing in the first team? Perhaps explains a few things 🤔,  Iheanacho and Perez?

• 5 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

What do you expect him to say? “Dennis? Yeah, a right lazy &#%£”.  :dunno:

Brendan or youri?.....

I took it from Youri that he is training well and desperate to be playing and he is sticking up for his mate

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hales said:

Brendan or youri?.....

I took it from Youri that he is training well and desperate to be playing and he is sticking up for his mate

Yeah, just meant Youri is not likely to run his international team Nate down 

It’s so frustrating to have a player like Praet getting splinters when we are so poor at the moment. He can play across the midfield in a number of roles. Just remind yourself of this pass he did playing centrally against Brentford and tell me he’s not got something to offer. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

It’s so frustrating to have a player like Praet getting splinters when we are so poor at the moment. He can play across the midfield in a number of roles. Just remind yourself of this pass he did playing centrally against Brentford and tell me he’s not got something to offer. 

The problem is that pass reminds me that whilst it was brilliant he doesn't do stuff like that anywhere near often enough

Going forward isn't particularly any issue for us at the moment anyway as we still score goals - 7th most in the league

And I don't think his inclusion would help much with our defensive issues apart from maybe sticking him out on the right wing so Castagne/JJ stop having to do it all themselves on the right but he isn't going to contribute much at all from there and we might as well use Perez

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The problem is that pass reminds me that whilst it was brilliant he doesn't do stuff like that anywhere near often enough

Going forward isn't particularly any issue for us at the moment anyway as we still score goals - 7th most in the league

And I don't think his inclusion would help much with our defensive issues apart from maybe sticking him out on the right wing so Castagne/JJ stop having to do it all themselves on the right but he isn't going to contribute much at all from there and we might as well use Perez

Tbf he hasn’t had many opportunities. I can’t think of many other matches where he has started centrally for Leicester. We also aren’t as good going forward as you think. Our expected goals figure is usually very low. It was also bad last season. We created lots of chances against Spurs but that’s an anomaly. Praet can play so many roles across the middle including the creative and the more ‘water carrying’ roles. When you think Ndidi has been so poor, KDH has not been great (and seems limited to only play the old fashioned ‘inside left’ position.) Soumare is still very young and doubts persist about him. Dennis should be seeing way more game time. We are bottom of the league and he also needs to play his way back into the Belgian WC squad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

...when he came, the talk was that he would be competing with Youri for his position!!!

Youri has had a long stint in the middle, even when he deserved to be dropped. Praet for me could play as a second striker (better still the Okazaki role) helping out the midfield and making runs to occupy the opponents' backline as a decoy for our striker. He does have the ability to go beyond the striker, it is a ruse we do not use often enough.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...