Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

He went on loan because he wanted game time. Tielemans form at that time mostly kept him out of the side and relegated him to bit-part appearances. Don't think he's ever had an extended run in the side, but more than happy to admit I'm wrong. 

I’d agree with the second bit and I was as annoyed as anyone when he got injured after an excellent display in the FA Cup against Stoke (like most of our players, they seem to get injured when they are in prime form), but I can’t recall many similar standout performances from him - and presumably Rodgers, by not picking him, felt the same.

You could even argue that people continue to bang on about that pass against Brentford so much because it was such a rare treasure. More of the same this season would be most welcome. Here’s hoping…

20 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Not feeling the excitement for Dennis, seems to be a player who has got better in peoples minds the less he has played. Hope I’m wrong, but he seemed very average before and a bit slow

True. Nether i have any high hopes 

He was bang average at any position he has played at Leicester. in his defense, he has not played much

but Torino's 8 mil is still to low, so better leave him here and sell Soumare

Edited by tsintskaro

15 hours ago, Dames said:

At this rate he’s going to be used as wide cover because there is nobody else.

...the Torino situation and the impasse with Youri has now forced Rodgers hand, in offering an olive branch!!!

Another £2m from Torino and he would have been gone. When Praet came in, it was said that he was on the same level as Youri and could surpass him. They may not be the same style, but he does offer something to the team and can fill in should Youri goes in the Central Midfield role.

I would believe Praet may be excited to be in this situation with the chance to prove himself in a role that he favors and an environment he wishes to work in.

Just now, Webbo said:

Still wouldn't be surprised if he was sold before the end of the window. 

Can't see anything changing with him until there's some sort of certainty with Tielemans.

I'd certainly have him in the squad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Can't see anything changing with him until there's some sort of certainty with Tielemans.

I'd certainly have him in the squad.

I've got no problem with him being in the squad but saying he's staying is away of saying to Torina we won't take anything less than the full price. The squad still needs a bit of trimming. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I've got no problem with him being in the squad but saying he's staying is away of saying to Torina we won't take anything less than the full price. The squad still needs a bit of trimming. 

I think it is important to send that message.  Torino thought that they could shaft us like Fenherbace did with Ghezzal so it is important that we take a stand so that we don't get a reputation as a soft touch.  Quite happy to keep Dennis at that price anyway.  Sod Torino.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the Torino situation and the impasse with Youri has now forced Rodgers hand, in offering an olive branch!!!

Another £2m from Torino and he would have been gone. When Praet came in, it was said that he was on the same level as Youri and could surpass him. They may not be the same style, but he does offer something to the team and can fill in should Youri goes in the Central Midfield role.

I would believe Praet may be excited to be in this situation with the chance to prove himself in a role that he favors and an environment he wishes to work in.

Highly doubt that especially as international team mates.

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

right side of a 4231 who says no? 

I think he would be infinitely better than perez and albrighton (sorrry!!!) 

I would say play a diamond.

Ndidi

Praet Tielemans

Maddison

Edited by Unabomber

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Ndidi

Praet KDH

Maddison

Tielemans will probably be gone soon anyway

part of me thinks we need to play youri. One because i think he will still play to the best of his ability and secondly because we need to show arsenal and whoever else, that if they don’t pay the price… he’s staying put 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Ndidi

Praet KDH

Maddison

Tielemans will probably be gone soon anyway

Would really like to see this and give it a chance to establish itself. Timmy and JJ can both get forward well enough, KDH and Praet have got in their lockers to be able to go past players and 2 strikers will keep defences on toes with Maddison dropping into little pockets behind them. 

• Like 3