Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FA Cup 22/23

Just now, Corky said:

Anyone think it is odd that fans wear non classic shirts? I get, for us, wearing maybe the 97 League Cup or title winning season but would you wear the Alliance & Leicester 2006/07 vintage?

Pretty sure a few were dotted around the away end at Newcastle. Did give me a laugh.

But it's odd

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

VAR has made things worse not better.

I disagree. VAR has solved the problem and highlighted the issue, that the refs aren't good enough. For years referees hid behind the excuse that they needed technology, now they've got it and their bluffs were called, they have nowhere to hide. 

The fact Tierney and Cootes are on this says everything. Webb, Clattenberg and Oliver were/are all levels above.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Anyone think it is odd that fans wear non classic shirts? I get, for us, wearing maybe the 97 League Cup or title winning season but would you wear the Alliance & Leicester 2006/07 vintage?

I think it's good when people mix it up tbh. It's boring if everyone was in the same classics 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yes but in general, I find it more frustrating to watch with var involvement which makes it less entertaining for me 

Fair enough. I'm definitely looking forward to not worrying about it cancelling out a goal, but it'll be really annoying the first time we concede a goal that would have been ruled out.

1 minute ago, FoxyPV said:

Was listening to the Guardian football weekly and their German correspondent was laughing at the PL saying that Man City were the new Bayern.

Even without Pep, they could win the PL every other season, such are their resources 

Nah, you've always had two to three teams going for the title.

Used to be Man United, Arsenal then Chelsea replaced Arsenal, then you had Man City chime in and Chelsea have faded and you get odd years where others win it, now you have Newcastle who are going to be spending cash and at some point things will change at Man City.

15 minutes ago, Corky said:

Part of the story isn't it? You're showing you've sat through times before, even if they weren't classic. I pulled a Le Coq LG 2001 home shirt out of the attic last summer and while its presence seems to have cursed this season gone I'm still not lobbing it in the bin.

Edited by Jaspa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Part of the story isn't it? You're showing you've sat through times before, even if they weren't classic. I pulled a Le Coq LG 2001 home shirt out of the attic last summer and while it's presence seems to have cursed this season gone it's still not getting lobbed in the bin.

So you are the one to blame! Ffs put it back , or better just burn it 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

I disagree. VAR has solved the problem and highlighted the issue, that the refs aren't good enough. For years referees hid behind the excuse that they needed technology, now they've got it and their bluffs were called, they have nowhere to hide. 

The fact Tierney and Cootes are on this says everything. Webb, Clattenberg and Oliver were/are all levels above.

Were they though? Or was VAR (and social media to some extent) just not around to highlight that they were equally as bad as the current crop?

Oliver, for me, is the stand-out. I’ve no idea how Tierney got this match. He’s terrible. 

6 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Huh? The technology is used by the same useless refs. VAR is not a videogame based technology which makes decisions on its own. When you have the same rubbish refs using the technology, the same rubbish decisions will be taken. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxyLeon said:

I disagree. VAR has solved the problem and highlighted the issue,ì that the refs aren't good enough. For years referees hid behind the excuse that they needed technology, now they've got it and their bluffs were called, they have nowhere to hide. 

What problem has VAR solved?

Even with off sides the camera frame rate is 50 per second players can do 8 meters in a second easily.

8 meter divide by 50 is 160mm, so that's a half a foot margin of error. 

How has it improve subjective decisions?

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

Think often people will go for it because they just like the design or it reminds them of a childhood memory. I've got the yellow 94-96 one because it was the first kit I ever had, for example.

Doubt I'd wear it to a Cup final mind.