Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

Matt O'Riley

7 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Do tell?

I know one of his family members is all im going to say. From what i hear it's unlikely to happen, especially this winter transfer window as he's not guaranteed a starting spot here and also obviously we're not in a very good position in the league. If talks start in winter or in the summer i might hear something before it becomes public news.

• Like 3

Found a nice little piece of analysis on this guy here:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/matt-o-riley-at-celtic-202223-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics#:~:text=O'Riley is a rather,and in the final third.

Interestingly, it seems he can operate on the right of a front three or as a number 10.

He's two-footed but he's a lefty by nature. He's a superb presser from the front. He's also unusually tall and physical for a player who's comfortable as a 10 but also contains the necessary technical qualities required in that role.

One downside is his chance conversion rate, although the piece acknowledges that he often takes long shots against teams who play a low block so most of his shots are low probability anyway, although that also points to him needing to improve his decision making.

He could be an interesting one to watch, especially if Praet and Perez leave in the near future. It could mean we would be able to bring Maddison back in-field or even have him rotate with Maddison to keep him fresh.

With Celtic out of Europe now and him already having a Scottish title on his CV from last season, O'Riley could be tempted by a move back south this winter.

Edited by ALC Fox
Got my facts wrong about CL qualification in Scotland
  • Thanks 1