Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: England, Iran, USA, Wales

16 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

This is what annoys me with England fans so much so arrogant and think there amazing now they will come crashing back down to earth very soon and im looking forward to it

Or some people massively underrate both England and their opposition.

Iran, Wales and USA are all decent sides, they can all play football and non are a push over.

Having said that, England with the players available to them, should have, and did win the group.

England fans, should get excited, they have ultimately one of the best sides in the World and going into any tournament any set of fans would have similar levels of hope and expectations. 
For England to win a World Cup they need to be at their best against the best. France are the only team in this World Cup that I think even if England play to the best of their abilities they could still struggle to beat. 
We all know though, we can have games like that against the US where we just didn’t get going.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Good win. On we go. Fancy us to beat Senegal comfortably 

If we have ever had the squad to go on and win this bloody thing, it’s now mate.

Southgate remains a conundrum. You can’t knock his record, but I’m still convinced he’ll keep on playing it safe rather than really letting these boys have a right go, such that we’ll come unstuck against one of the very good teams.

Senegal will be interesting cos they’ll just have a go I suspect. But we should beat them.

We’ve been lucky again this time with the draw. Surely the easiest group to qualify from and now Senegal who aren’t any great shakes. Iran and Wales have been turd tbh. There’s a lot of ‘the Welsh will hold their heads high for getting to the tournament’. I say no. I think they’ve really let themselves down and have been one of the worst teams.

I just want to see this England team with the shackles off, not over-thinking it tactically and just let them go out and play.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Disappointing effort from Wales at this tournament. Was always going to be difficult but feel like they didn't have a go. 

Standard England really, good enough to beat the poor teams but don't look like we will beat anyone decent. 

Don’t actually blame the Welsh players. The manager for me.

I thought the he was well out of his depth, no discernible game plan, didn’t want to have a go, except for latter stages of the USA game.

I know he can only use what’s at his disposal, but even teams like Qatar and Morocco have shown more intent and desire. 

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If we have ever had the squad to go on and win this bloody thing, it’s now mate.

Southgate remains a conundrum. You can’t knock his record, but I’m still convinced he’ll keep on playing it safe rather than really letting these boys have a right go, such that we’ll come unstuck against one of the very good teams.

Senegal will be interesting cos they’ll just have a go I suspect. But we should beat them.

We’ve been lucky again this time with the draw. Surely the easiest group to qualify from and now Senegal who aren’t any great shakes. Iran and Wales have been turd tbh. There’s a lot of ‘the Welsh will hold their heads high for getting to the tournament’. I say no. I think they’ve really let themselves down and have been one of the worst teams.

I just want to see this England team with the shackles off, not over-thinking it tactically and just let them go out and play.

If you are good enough to be seeded you will not play another seeded team in the group stage. If you win your group you play the team who finish 2md in another group, most of the time they are worse than the team who finish top.

I dont see where luck comes into that.

20 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

I thought the he was well out of his depth, no discernible game plan, didn’t want to have a go, except for latter stages of the USA game.

I know he can only use what’s at his disposal, but even teams like Qatar and Morocco have shown more intent and desire. 

Watched the game with my neighbour (a Welshman) and we both thought he was taking the piss when he said Wales were 'excellent' in the first half - absolute bollocks. Gareth Bale was much more honest.

Agree that it was on Page but let's be honest, Our Danny had an absolute stinker.

16 minutes ago, Nalis said:

If you are good enough to be seeded you will not play another seeded team in the group stage. If you win your group you play the team who finish 2md in another group, most of the time they are worse than the team who finish top.

I dont see where luck comes into that.

?

Because of the other teams who were drawn in our group… Wales, Iran and USA

33 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Not sure about Qatar but Morocco yes , but they are a much more talented side than Wales 

More than satisifying performance from England, certainly a huge improvement from the USA game and huge confident boost going into the round of 16. For Wales once again very poor from them, I expected a little bit more from them considering this was a local derby, but looking back in a whole I can't say they ever troubled us. Dress it up as much as they can saying stuff like it's achievement to be  here and stuff.. blah blah.. but based on three performances, in all three games there barely created many chances. The only goal they got was from the spot.  Scored the same amount as Qatar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

?

Because of the other teams who were drawn in our group… Wales, Iran and USA

Certainly no one scary there but at the same time no pushovers on the level of Qatar. All teams in the top 20 of the FIFA rankings too, no other group can match that. 

(next up, how fifa rankings mean nothing, I'm sure) 

1 hour ago, KFS said:

USA doctors will be injecting him with Foden’s blood if they want to beat the Dutch 

Foden would be just as bad as Pulisic if he had to play carrying around a gigantic pair of bollocks for 90 minutes. And no, I’m not talking about Harry Maguire and Mason Mount. 

Edited by The_77
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Foden would be just as bad as Pulisic if he had to play carrying around a gigantic pair of bollocks for 90 minutes. And no, I’m not talking about Harry Maguire and Mason Mount. 

I'll give Pulisic this, he manages to look like even more of a punchable bellend than Foden, and that takes some doing.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The_77 said:

Balls of American Steel

2 hours ago, The_77 said:

Pulisic had to play carrying around a gigantic pair of bollocks for 90 minutes.

Now I get why Pulisic has been diagnosed with a "pelvic contusion".

I'm reliably informed that the USMNT has borrowed the gynecologist off the Women's team to get his pelvis back into shape for Saturday.

• Like 1