Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

World Cup General Chit Chat

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

When will the first red card of the tournament be shown?

Hoilett the Toilet goes studs up with such force he goes through Youri and Timmy in the same challenge for leg breaks. He gets a yellow. Wout punches the ref in disgust at the decision and gets a red card along with a 1 year ban from all football activities.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

It's great! I'm all for anything to get rid of the time wasting, I'm hoping the PL will go the same way

As much as it pains me to say a new  FIFA rule is good, it HAS so far stopped the time wasting.

But surely if 5 minutes  is added to a game when there is NO time wasting, injuries etc, what amount will be added when a team does decide to time waste or a player is injured?

1 minute ago, Raj said:

As much as it pains me to say a new  FIFA rule is good, it HAS so far stopped the time wasting.

But surely if 5 minutes  is added to a game when there is NO time wasting, injuries etc, what amount will be added when a team does decide to time waste or a player is injured?

We've seen it already, 8, 9, 14 minutes the other day after an injury.

If the time has been taken out of the game it's being added on. It's great to see it happening.

John Hartson falls into the Dublin bracket of being a fundamentally nice bloke but thick as ****.

I know Ally McCoist has become a bit of a byword on Twitter (amongst others) for being perfect over the last few tournaments but it's fully deserved, him and Champion are phenomenal. 

While we're on the subject of comms, I ****ing loathe Peter Drury. Don't know if he's done anything this tournament but I just think he's a tit in general.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s been great in all the group threads seeing all the different perspectives from people across the world.

Got me thinking how many of the different nations competing do we have a FT Member from?

Roll call…

I seem to remember from sometime ago... a map where we all (many) pinned our location... i had a quick search but couldnt find it... @Mods @Mark does any remember/know where it is.. an update could be interesting?

26 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I don't know how anybody can be against punishing time wasting correctly. 

Theres timewasting

And game management.... which is a skill in itself and shouldn't be punished by added time

11 minutes ago, Raj said:

Theres timewasting

And game management.... which is a skill in itself and shouldn't be punished by added time

Game management is a nice way of justifying cheating. Game management should be,  changing your approach. Whether it be committing less men forwards, keeping possession. Going to a back 6.

Feigning injury, delaying restarts. It's cheating and I'd like to see it punished harder.

• Like 4