Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

World Cup General Chit Chat

36 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Apparently there's no programmes sold for any of the games in this WC.

Fancy going all that way and not being able to buy a programme as a souvenir. 

No beer, no programs, net you’ll be telling me I can’t get a half Costa Rica half Japan scarf. Modern football is the worst :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Cannot see Southgate responding like this to media criticism!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Carlos_Queiroz/status/1596615805479026688

I think it's been taken a bit far. I read Klinsmann's comment as footballing culture as opposed to culture of Iran. But that's quite a dignified response in public by Quieroz. Would love to see if Klinsmann takes him up on the offer. 

• Like 2

Some interesting anthems. Always think the France and German anthems are amongst the better ones. But I was quite impressed with the calmness and serenity of the Japan anthem which was sung by the team and fans with great dignity. None of this crying contorted face stuff whilst the gurners aggressively spit out the words. Classy. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think it's been taken a bit far. I read Klinsmann's comment as footballing culture as opposed to culture of Iran. But that's quite a dignified response in public by Quieroz. Would love to see if Klinsmann takes him up on the offer. 

Klinsman has said on BBC Breakfast that it was misread and he will contact Quieroz to explain and apologise.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Well.

Let Wales and Belgium be a lesson for people. If you have Leicester players in your squad and don't start with them, bad things happen.

Castagne started and they were still sh1t.

2 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Do you not reckon the England changing room looks like that when they leave then??

Nope. Saw a video from the Argentina dressing room celebrating their win over Mexico and it was a complete mess and I think thats more the normal than the Japanese way.

11 hours ago, jaqo88 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but has anyone found the stats shown during the games baffling and weird ?!?

Random things like receptions, forced turnovers and the ‘in contest’ possession stat, all very strange imo 

I rather like the possession one to be honest, as it takes into account the time when neither side quite has the ball.

But the others seem like made up nonsense. Are 'receptions' just the number of times a player's had the ball passed to them? If so, so what? And since when has anyone talked about 'turnovers' in football?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jaqo88 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but has anyone found the stats shown during the games baffling and weird ?!?

Random things like receptions, forced turnovers and the ‘in contest’ possession stat, all very strange imo 

They seem to have done away with shots on target stats, too.

25 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

This world cup has made me realise just how much I enjoy seeing non all European international matches.

I'm anti the WC being every 2 years, but seeing these kind of ties every 4 years is too long to wait. 

I'd love to see some kind of test series replace the nations league. 

I’d love to see European nations to do a South American tour in the June friendlies. 2 weeks, 3 or 4 games. Outside of WC, by my maths, England have only played in SA once in my lifetime. 

Failing that play the games in the likes of Madrid where the South American population is big. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jaqo88 said:

It's very American.