Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gw_leics772

Dubravka

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We don't want to give our back up keeper Iverson a chance but rather go for the another clubs back up keeper

Our record of signing older premier league cast offs in recent years is a disgrace, yet still wouldn’t surprise me if we went back for more

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We don't want to give our back up keeper Iverson a chance but rather go for another clubs back up keeper

If this happens I’d guess Iverson is being sold.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We'll look for a permanent GK in the summer transfer window when there's more value.

I suspect we're going to get a couple of loan signings for now combined with spending good money on a RW and LB as January is a difficult market. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

45 minutes ago, onekeithweller said:

Wiki

Louise Taylor of The Guardian christened Dúbravka the "reluctant keeper" after he admitted his favourite position to play is right wing; he sometimes plays as an outfielder in training and coaching staff have suggested that he switch to a midfield role.[36]

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/23/martin-dubravka-goalkeeper-newcastle-bournemouth

The RW we've craved.

Hahaha I've literally just screenshot that to come on here and say I'm tempted.

8 hours ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Reasonable keeper but not long term. We should have gone for Leno at start of season when Kasper announced he was off.

However I'd be looking at Alban Lafont or Justin Bijlow whom are more suitable for a long term keeper.

Both way out of out league.  Bigger and better clubs would go for these if they became available.  

5 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Both way out of out league.  Bigger and better clubs would go for these if they became available.  

Highly doubt Lafont would be out of our league

He isn't quite ready for that jump to a big team yet

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Fin are we trying this Jan? Think we’ll get three in? 

16 hours ago, stu said:

If this happens I’d guess Iverson is being sold.

If not sold, for the betterment of his career I'd look to move like Soyuncu!

To be honest, recruitment has been a shambles mostly since Rodgers has been here, not that I'm saying it's all his fault, but he and sidekick Congerton have to shoulder some of the blame. You really can't blame players like Maddison and to a lesser extent Tielemans wanting to leave because if I were them, I'd see no vision, ambition or future at Leicester. 

Just as much as the playing staff need refreshing, so does the management and coaching staff. If Top and the board don't see that themselves then I find that rather curious and the future looks bleak for the club. I certainly don't think certain people would have been getting such a comfortable ride under Vichai.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

These sort of links suggest that we are now firmly an also ran bottom half club, happy to make cheap, uninspired signings from more successful PL clubs on the basis that they are "PL proven".  It's sad to see really. 

It's just a 'link' though? We haven't actually signed him.

I'm sure we were linked to absolute dross and has-beens even when we won the league or in the 2-3 seasons that followed...

• Like 1

On 02/01/2023 at 14:08, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Reasonable keeper but not long term. We should have gone for Leno at start of season when Kasper announced he was off.

However I'd be looking at Alban Lafont or Justin Bijlow whom are more suitable for a long term keeper.

Lafont is the long term answer. 

8 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

What is criminal about this is we could have an amazing keeper, who had an amazing season last season, sat on the bench.

Give the lad a chance ffs 

The most annoying thing is, had we signed him for £15,000,000 after his season at Preston, no one would have questioned it. 

• Like 1

On 02/01/2023 at 14:08, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Or Livakovic or Casteels