Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Milos Kerkez

Just now, Daveb5569 said:

oh another left back aswell as the Danish left back, does this mean Thomas is seen as not good enough? 

Playing off clubs against each other I would guess

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daveb5569 said:

oh another left back aswell as the Danish left back, does this mean Thomas is seen as not good enough? 

I imagine it will be 1 LB through the door… Brendan has stated the need for a LB and a winger so you know what the media are like 1+1=7 we’ll be linked with every player who plays in said positions that are seemingly on the move this window 

It obvious from our posters that they think Thomas, Barnes and KDH are not good enough having already dismissed Hamza. So who next Sammy Braybrooke. Do they have something in common? There is not the slightest bit of evidence that this kid is better than Thomas.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It obvious from our posters that they think Thomas, Barnes and KDH are not good enough having already dismissed Hamza. So who next Sammy Braybrooke. Do they have something in common? There is not the slightest bit of evidence that this kid is better than Thomas.

I’ve not seen Thomas go beyond Barnes or put in a cross for months.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Whilst I agree that maybe we should let off our academy graduates a bit more, Hamza might not be the best example to use. Clearly limited player, he's in the Championship for a reason

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Whilst I agree that maybe we should let off our academy graduates a bit more, Hamza might not be the best example to use. Clearly limited player, he's in the Championship for a reason

Most of our players are limited in one way or another. 

Look at previous LB's Including Chillwell and Fuchs as well as James and Castagna (when he fills in at LB). Imo all of these players are superior in that position than Thomas. KDH seems to play better when our team is playing better especially in the offensive 3rd when he has madders/tielemans/wide players to interplay with and run into. I have no problem with Barnes in his work rate, interplay and occasional decent finishing and assists too, but he's too predictable and other teams must know that by now. In any case they're my players, my team and I'll give them my all but I don't think it's a bad idea sometimes to look at it in black and white.

So you think Hamza was a decent player that we should have kept?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair to Thomas he's created a fair amount of chances in the 4 games since the restart. Didn't he set 2 up vs MK Dons and then I recall him putting a chance on a plate for Barnes and Daka vs Newcastle and that through ball for Barnes vs Fulham where he missed an easy 1 v 1 was sublime. 

I've been mildly impressed with that side of his game recently.

I'm convinced we'll see the best from him if he moves into a central midfield role Gareth Barry style. He could be Mendy's long-term replacement. It might seem daft but he's a good tackler and it's been clear that his passing has been his best attribute since he first broke into the side. I just don't think he's a brilliant modern full-back.

17 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I'm convinced we'll see the best from him if he moves into a central midfield role Gareth Barry style. He could be Mendy's long-term replacement. It might seem daft but he's a good tackler and it's been clear that his passing has been his best attribute since he first broke into the side. I just don't think he's a brilliant modern full-back.

That would require a manager that thinks out of the box like Howe did with Joelinton, for whatever reason we don't see many managers apply this thinking to alter players positions, when the strengths of the player lie away from the current position they play.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair to Thomas he's created a fair amount of chances in the 4 games since the restart. Didn't he set 2 up vs MK Dons and then I recall him putting a chance on a plate for Barnes and Daka vs Newcastle and that through ball for Barnes vs Fulham where he missed an easy 1 v 1 was sublime. 

I've been mildly impressed with that side of his game recently.

I was about to Post the same. That one against Fulham was sublime. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Just completely different roles. At left back the only places he’d be pressed from are I front or to the right. At centre mid he’s vulnerable from all angles and he doesn’t have the control or awareness to be able to play that role. It is really difficult to transfer players from full back to midfielders and you only ever see really technical players do it e.g. Lahm, Kimmich etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

That would require a manager that thinks out of the box like Howe did with Joelinton, for whatever reason we don't see many managers apply this thinking to alter players positions, when the strengths of the player lie away from the current position they play.

Rodgers would probably play Mendy at CH.

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

It's also been suggested at one point or another on here that Ward, Amartey, Vestergaard, Mendy, Soumare, Perez, Nacho and almost everyone else isn't good enough so if you're suggesting a bias against homegrown players, your reaching...