Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen

11 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Speaking with my brother in law, who’s a lot more clued up than a part-timer like me and he’s said - “I think he would be able to play pl straight away - he has a strong mind and is already seen as a leader in the squad”

We need leaders just as much as quality too which is another plus. Or just a bit of desire would help 🙄

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't know about you but I massively underestimated how much other teams would strengthen. And we didn't just stand still, we clearly got worse losing our first choice GK and CB, and a rotational winger who made a big impact. Add to that injuries and players that have regressed and we see these steep declines in both performances and results. 

It's crazy because not so long ago, I looked at our team with a youthful core of Soyucnu, Fofana, Maddison, Tielemans and Barnes and thought this team would be strong for years and years. It's crazy how fast things can change in football.

Yeah, I didn't appreciate either the advantage that teams have coming up to the division/not qualifying for Europe have with their spend as well if they've got owners with big pockets. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Roony Bardghji in a years time has to be on our radar too

This guy could get to Odegaard levels of good. He's not on that generational talent list like Haaland or Mbappe, but he will likely be the best Swedish player of his generation.

How good that will make him will be interesting to see as a result. Could be an Anders Svensson type (very solid, not tearing up trees) or another Larsson / Ibrahimovic, both of whom were truly exceptional players. 

By the way he can also play as inverted right winger... :ph34r:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This guy could get to Odegaard levels of good. He's not on that generational talent list like Haaland or Mbappe, but he will likely be the best Swedish player of his generation.

How good that will make him will be interesting to see as a result. Could be an Anders Svensson type (very solid, not tearing up trees) or another Larsson / Ibrahimovic, both of whom were truly exceptional players. 

By the way he can also play as inverted right winger... :ph34r:

Totally agree, I recently watched a documentary on him which to have made one on a player of his age and calibre is not to dissimilar to what they did in this country for a player with a differently spelt surname. 

• Like 1

The thing that catches my eye with Kristiansen is that he’s won 70% of his defensive duels this season. That’s on par with Justin, better than Castagne and bettter than some left-backs mentioned such as Truffert, Sosa & Kerkez.

• Like 3

Guest StevieLynex
2 hours ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Be a good signing this. Back to low cost high potential resale value down the line 

Just like Benkovic and Diabate

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

The thing that catches my eye with Kristiansen is that he’s won 70% of his defensive duels this season. That’s on par with Justin, better than Castagne and bettter than some left-backs mentioned such as Truffert, Sosa & Kerkez.

This is important.

He's not going to come up immediately looking at stats on goals and assists or creative output (he did a few years back when he burst on the scene) but what stands him out is he is VERY aggressive. Something we seem to have acknowledged as a weakness and what we've seen as a quality in Faes.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is important.

He's not going to come up immediately looking at stats on goals and assists or creative output (he did a few years back when he burst on the scene) but what stands him out is he is VERY aggressive. Something we seem to have acknowledged as a weakness and what we've seen as a quality in Faes.

I've only seen the YouTube clip above but this and his strength are what come over. God do we need more physicality!

• Like 1

Seen a few people say that he’s seen as a real leader in that Copenhagen side.

If so, I think there’s a real conscious effort to build a new core of leaders and a bit of backbone into the side - similar things were said about Faes when he arrived.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Seen a few people say that he’s seen as a real leader in that Copenhagen side.

If so, I think there’s a real conscious effort to build a new core of leaders and a bit of backbone into the side - similar things were said about Faes when he arrived.

It needs to be to be honest. We’re so soft. 

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Thomas has done absolutely fine since coming in for Justin IMO. His attacking output in recent games have improved no end too, if Barnes put that 1 on 1 away yesterday there'd have been relentless adulation for Thomas's through ball, it was on a plate.

We do need competition though and this lad is very strong.

Agree, Luke Thomas is the least of our problems, but some people obviously miss the Chilwell bashing! 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Thomas has done absolutely fine since coming in for Justin IMO. His attacking output in recent games have improved no end too, if Barnes put that 1 on 1 away yesterday there'd have been relentless adulation for Thomas's through ball, it was on a plate.

We do need competition though and this lad is very strong.

Couldn't agree more. Not just competition though the club needs a lift. Not saying this guy is the answer but we need new players and we need them asap. This looks a good value deal at the kind of prices I suspect we will be looking at right now unless we sell Maddison in January.

• Like 3