Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

I mean we are desperate to do so.

Unpopular opinion but I think any manager will struggle with the current squad - it needs major reinvestment. A lot of players have gotten crocked or are coming to the end of their careers.

The bigger worry, as I am sure it is for all of us is how we deal with some of our better players who will leave (Tielemans, Maddison) and why some players have regressed badly like Ndidi. 

Anyway it looks like some players are coming in, which is good news because it was looking like I am very worried we weren't going to bring anyone in for the second window in a row. Faes doesn't really count for me because it's a replacement rather than an addition, .

Fully agree, including what you said about any manager struggling with the current squad. Not the thread for a Rodgers debate but while he's made the issue worse in some ways (e.g. with his comments on transfers at the start of the season), clubs have refreshed their squads and we simply have not.  

There's massive issues, especially in defence. 

• Like 2

Just now, AKCJ said:

Sort of player we should have signed years ago. We need players that will come in right now to make an impact.

That hasn't worked for us in the past - we've got a far higher success rate buying players who are younger with high potential rather than ready-made, proven players. And they're also too expensive based on our budget as well. 

Seems like the type of signing we'd make a few seasons ago so it gives me hope that Glover knows what he's doing and signing young players for relatively cheap fees, then sell later down the line when the player's stock has risen and we can make a big profit.

That is, until Rodgers announces in the pre-match press conference that he's happy with the squad and reinforcements aren't needed :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Throw in Vesty as part of the deal for 50p off.

I mean you joke but I would just see if they want him for next to nothing for the sake of getting him off the wage bill to be honest lol

22 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Made over 80 first team appearances - including 8 in the Champions League this season 

Just to mention as well I think the latter is a good way of means testing his quality. They had a tough group and a really difficult away playoff at Trabzonspor. 

41 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It’s a bit weird that the position we had the least time to identify a target, we’ve found a player the quickest - Glover being a bit more savvy? 

If it’s as little as £8million, it’s a no brainer even if everything goes to shit this season

There's no evidence for this is there? I suspect we'd long ago compiled our short list for each position we want to strengthen and made initial enquiries. This is just the first name off those lists to be credibly reported. 

3 minutes ago, VintageFox73 said:

Obviously go straight in to under 23s and billed as " one for the future " like others unders Bodgers reign . This is why we are in a bloody mess !

Don't think you can put a Champions League starting left back in the U23's mate but okay lol 

10 minutes ago, VintageFox73 said:

Obviously go straight in to under 23s and billed as " one for the future " like others unders Bodgers reign . This is why we are in a bloody mess !

And what sort of signing do you prefer? Proven long term premier league players? We've tried that and that went down like a lead balloon! 

36 minutes ago, kingfox said:

This is what the scouting team are paid to do, to find potential gems like this.

Scouting clubs from Denmark, Austria, Belgium, Norway, Sweden & Switzerland could be the way to go.

There’s many highly rated youngsters from those parts, this lad being one.

Here is a name for them to check out - Marin Ljubicic - Croat -  21 next month -  Striker/RW.   Scored a few goals this season for LASK.

The sort of signing that is quite the opposite of why we are in a mess and what we need to be getting back to. Hidden gems for reasonable fees rather than than £15m & £80k/ week on your Vestergaard’s etc. That is one of the reasons why we are where we’re at, not from signing talented players with potential and a resale value. 

27 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I mean we are desperate to do so.

Unpopular opinion but I think any manager will struggle with the current squad - it needs major reinvestment. A lot of players have gotten crocked or are coming to the end of their careers.

The bigger worry, as I am sure it is for all of us is how we deal with some of our better players who will leave (Tielemans, Maddison) and why some players have regressed badly like Ndidi. 

Anyway it looks like some players are coming in, which is good news because it was looking like I am very worried we weren't going to bring anyone in for the second window in a row. Faes doesn't really count for me because it's a replacement rather than an addition, .

I think you'll be surprised what even 2-3 signings could do in terms of rejuvenating the rest of the squad, there's obviously some stagnation at the minute - players who are aging, players who are having their heads turned, players running down their contracts - but there is a decent core of players in there too. Faes alone has made a big improvement in the defense as whole, players like Ward look better for playing alongside him.

It's a squad in desperate need of freshening up, and I think 2-3 signings could hopefully give the existing lot a bit of impetus. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1