Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

So long as this lad is 1 of 5 coming. A left back alone will add very little difference to our current problems 

It’s massive difference as shown last night. Currently playing with 2 defenders up to first team regular standard

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/victor-kristiansen-leicester-city-transfers-7993373

Leicester City are reportedly interested in signing FC Copenhagen defender Victor Kristiansen amid a torrent of injuries.

The Foxes need an injection of life into their playing squad, with nine footballers currently out of action through injury. On top of that the team's form has been dreadful since returning from the winter break, losing three games on the trot.

Spirits were lifted on Wednesday when The Telegraph reported that City are "targeting" the Danish youngster for a move in the January window. An exciting, young prospect would have the potential to really change the dour mood around the club right now.

But who is Victor Bernth Kristiansen? And why do Leicester City want to sign the 20-year-old Danish youth international? Let's find out.

Kristiansen is left-footed player who can play as a full-back or further up the pitch, but he is primarily a defender, so he would come in to replace the injured James Justin. He made his debut for Copenhagen when he was just 17 and signed on pro-terms shortly after his 18th birthday.

Since then he has gone from strength to strength, making 72 appearances in all competitions while not looking out of place. He is very strong in one-v-one situations and is comfortable in the attacking third of the pitch, although he lacks aerial presence.

There is, of course, the caveat that Kristiansen has been playing in the Danish Superliga, which is a few steps below the Premier League, but he already has Champions League experience under his belt. Copenhagen took three points from an extremely tough group that featured Manchester City, Borussia Dortmund and Sevilla as he got to test himself against some of the best teams in Europe.

Although the Danish outfit were trounced 5-0 at the Etihad Stadium in October, they managed to keep the Premier League champions quiet six days at home, albeit without Erling Haaland to contend with. Still, the likes of Kevin De Bruyne, Jack Grealish, Riyad Mahrez, Phil Foden and Julian Alvarez were unable to break them down as Kristiansen stopped in their tracks time and again.

Kristiansen is a highly-rated talent in his own country, and Copenhagen fans certainly don't want him to see him leave the club, which is often a good sign for a prospective transfer. The World Cup in December probably came too early for his involvement, but he will be a part of the Denmark national team for years to come.

Lars Apel, an editor at Danish outlet TV 2 News, calls him a "big talent". He tweeted: "20 years old but already has many games under his belt - including good performances in the Champions League. Just missed out on the world cup squad. Premier League football is different gravy, of course, but I would be confident in him being able to make the jump."

The Football In Denmark Twitter account also called Kristiansen an "incredible talent", believing that he could be "the perfect partner down the left for someone like (Harvey) Barnes". Given how well thought of he is in his home country, it seems unlikely he will leave for 'just' £8m.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

From 2021 but promising nonetheless.

He got 3 assists in 9 games in his debut season in 2020/21, then 2021/22 it seems he got 3 assists in the first 4 games and then only 1 assist for the rest of last season. This season he has 1 goal and 1 assist so far. Hopefully his end product can be worked on after a really strong start to his career.

• Like 1

We love a signing like this. this guy looks incredibly accomplished on the ball. 

Im excited about it. 

if we truly don’t have much money than we have to go for rough diamonds like this to continue to grow.  you’d pay 5-8 mil to loan an established left back from a big club.  

I must admit, I do feel we could do with a bit more of a leader coming in and the experience of someone like gosens is needed …. but if there’s nobody of that ilk available… then this is the route i’d like us to go down. 

no pressure from fans, and by all means the guy looks very exciting. 

His compilation video would embarrass chilwells at that age and that’s a huge compliment. he looks fantastic but the question as always is how does that translate to the premier league.

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He got 3 assists in 9 games in his debut season in 2020/21, then 2021/22 it seems he got 3 assists in the first 4 games and then only 1 assist for the rest of last season. This season he has 1 goal and 1 assist so far. Hopefully his end product can be worked on after a really strong start to his career.

More bothered about his defensive work tbh. I’m surprised you praised Thomas considering you could say he was culpable in part for a goal v Newcastle and a goal yesterday 

33 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

More bothered about his defensive work tbh. I’m surprised you praised Thomas considering you could say he was culpable in part for a goal v Newcastle and a goal yesterday 

I don't care about defending, surely you know me by now? It's a means to an end, I want fcukin GOALS.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

We love a signing like this. this guy looks incredibly accomplished on the ball. 

Im excited about it. 

if we truly don’t have much money than we have to go for rough diamonds like this to continue to grow.  you’d pay 5-8 mil to loan an established left back from a big club.  

I must admit, I do feel we could do with a bit more of a leader coming in and the experience of someone like gosens is needed …. but if there’s nobody of that ilk available… then this is the route i’d like us to go down. 

no pressure from fans, and by all means the guy looks very exciting. 

His compilation video would embarrass chilwells at that age and that’s a huge compliment. he looks fantastic but the question as always is how does that translate to the premier league.

True. And we all remember Big Dan's video highlights from the same league...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VintageFox73 said:

Saying on mercury website now, we will have to pay considerably more than the £8m quoted ! 

They don't know what they're talking about - they seem to think it will be more than £8m based on his experience rather than anything concrete. 

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Ok ok 1 min in and I’m sold. Where do we sign? Next!

Remember the last young defender we signed from Copenhagen and everyone went Gaga over the YouTube video of him winning the ball in his own box, charging up field at the speed of sound and then winning a penalty in the oppo box, all within about 10 seconds?...........

Oh well, at least he turned into some sort of cult hero lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

He’s made UEFA’s list of players to watch out for in 2023.

Few other names on the list that I, @Ric Flair and @moore_94 have mentioned recently too 👍🏻

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/027d-16f6e76cf32f-b5d33ac79a2f-1000--players-to-watch-out-for-in-2023-who-could-star-in-european-foo/

I’d like Zeno Debast off that list.

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

I'm guessing @shen knows a lot and can give us the best lowdown on this player...

Nope, sorry! Know nothing about him. Since getting twins a year ago, I can barely keep up with Leicester let alone the Danish Superliga :sweating:

• Like 1

My FC Copenhagen supporting mate wrote me angry text messages earlier. Apparently quite a talent, who everybody believes will go on to bigger and better things. I do not follow the Danish Superliga very much either.