Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bigboy

This club is becoming a joke

1 hour ago, bigboy said:

Week 3 of January and still no signings! I’ve just read that 2 of our main targets are going elsewhere. It looks like relegation to me and before you jump on me. I have been going down the city for over 65 years and I’ve seen it all over the years, the high and lows and this certainly looks like relegation season to me.

A lot of our so called injuries are a sham. 5 years ago I had a hip replacement. 7 weeks later a ran a half marathon. So i question players like Maddison to grow a pair and get on the pitch a help your team.

Rant over!!!

According to your profile that means you've been going down the City since long before you were born.  Got to say that's some real dedication mate.  

• Haha 2

Absolutely kills me to say it but I agree it’s a joke. Other team are signing 3/4 plus players and I’d genuinely be surprised if we signed 1. On Saturday us fans need to make it extremely clear how unhappy we are with the whole situation. I sense a degree of arrogance from the board and the manager and they need to be told some home truths. Banner’s, chants the lot is needed because this can’t continue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we're way past the notion of becoming. We ARE a joke, got to be the worst ran professional football club in the country right now.

Yet despite this, there will be those that won't have a bad word said about our owners and won't entertain our manager and/or staff around him being replaced either.

Blood on your hands every single one of you who attend games week in, week out and don't call for action.

So are you attending games and calling for action?
I did at the Palace game together with my homemade placards and got dogs abuse from Brand Brendan fans.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

I’m sure there’s a way around it. 
Our bet spend is 3m ffs.. New owners would be able to spend a lot more that.

...if they had a war chest of £400m, how would they introduce that money into on-field spending!!!

If we introduced £100m and claim it is from sponsorship that would work, the F A. will need to see the contract for the sponsorship deal. Now if we had a contract that was for 4 years and the cost was £100m per year we could get away with it, it has been done before. The fact that in the market place, the cost of such a deal would not be anywhere near that amount points to an unethical process.

12 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Exactly, where’s the Fofana money, Top???

St Etienne took a percentage , Faes cost 15 million and apparently Chelsea are paying in installments. The latter is crazy , it should have been all the money up front or Eff off.

• Like 3

The owners and the board seem indifferent to certain relegation. Supposedly, we were the best run club in the Premier, but now we look pathetic.

The teams around us are signing good quality players and we are doing nothing. The owners will have many years in the championship to reflect on what they have done to our club. And Rodgers is as much to blame with our awful performances.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ian S said:

I did at the Palace game together with my homemade placards and got dogs abuse from Brand Brendan fans.

When I do attend I most certainly do, keep fighting the good fight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Not a surprise. A good portion of our fanbase are middle aged dullards from the shire that believe everything they read in the mail and take everything at face value because their brains can't comprehend nuance or thinking outside the box.

Its why Rodgers message has been lapped up because people don't use their eyes or brains they are just drips that like everything spoon fed to them and don't like it when people go against the established narrative. 

7 minutes ago, Dames said:

Not a surprise. A good portion of our fanbase are middle aged dullards from the shire that believe everything they read in the mail and take everything at face value because their brains can't comprehend nuance or thinking outside the box.

Its why Rodgers message has been lapped up because people don't use their eyes or brains they are just drips that like everything spoon fed to them and don't like it when people go against the established narrative. 

Oi you cheeky sod, just because you're middle aged doesn't make you a dullard, a mail reader 🤮 or a conformist.  And certainly not a Rodgers fan. There are plenty of drips under 30 I can assure you.

I was protesting against Martin O'Neil (now that WAS premature) whilst you were still in short trousers no doubt.  Fanbase at least had some balls then.

I'll tan your sorry hide you bloody whippersnapper. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we're way past the notion of becoming. We ARE a joke, got to be the worst ran professional football club in the country right now.

Yet despite this, there will be those that won't have a bad word said about our owners and won't entertain our manager and/or staff around him being replaced either.

Blood on your hands every single one of you who attend games week in, week out and don't call for action.

Some of our fans will let the owners/board live off of a couple of good seasons for eternity! 

You get crucified or accused of not being a real fan if you have a bad word to say against them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

St Etienne took a percentage , Faes cost 15 million and apparently Chelsea are paying in installments. The latter is crazy , it should have been all the money up front or Eff off.

The only way Chelsea have been able to stay within FFP rules is by offering players ludicrously long contracts and paying the transfer fee over that period. 

It’s such a risky gamble and it will most probably end in tears. Giving an injury prone Fofana a 7 year contract is crazy. Ditto the unproven Mudryk.

I suppose they would argue it’s the only way they can compete with the State funded clubs. 

4 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Oi you cheeky sod, just because you're middle aged doesn't make you a dullard, a mail reader 🤮 or a conformist.  And certainly not a Rodgers fan. There are plenty of drips under 30 I can assure you.

I was protesting against Martin O'Neil (now that WAS premature) whilst you were still in short trousers no doubt.  Fanbase at least had some balls then.

Plastic - I were on the terraces giving Willie Orr dogs abuse when we bottled the title by one point to The Wednesday in 1929. Look how far we've dropped from them, club has no standards at all these days.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

lol there are exceptions to the rule but at least 60% of our match going fan base could be copy and paste replicas of each other. 

• Haha 1

We have stagnated since the fa cup win.  Comes to something when players are choosing the likes of Bournemouth and Leeds over us.  After all we have been in the premiership far longer than these two.  Add in Forest too, albit their gamble of signing anyone looks as though it may actually pay off.

Something has to change at the club.  Rogers has a point in that our net spend is about 3 million.  We need recruitment desperately.  Why the board and Top cant see that I dont understand.  Surely it would make sense to pay off the contracts of the likes of Bertrand, Evans, Vestergaurd and even Praet.  That, then, would free up some money in wages etc in order to get at least three more players in.

We are literally sleep walking towards the Championship.  Yes, our genuine first 11 can compete at this level.  It has now been proven when we have injuries the rest cannot.  Collectively, Ward, Thomas, Faes, Armatey n Castagne has to be the worst back 4 in the premier league.  Soyuncu has to come back for Armatey on Saturday against Brighton.  No, he wont though it will be same old same old wash, rinse n repeat.

Board and Top are culpable for not putting their hands in their pockets.  Rogers can only work with what he has got and I am afraid a lot of the tools are past their sell buy dates.

Edited by suffolk fox
  • Like 1