Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bigboy

This club is becoming a joke

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

The owners and the board seem indifferent to certain relegation. Supposedly, we were the best run club in the Premier, but now we look pathetic.

The teams around us are signing good quality players and we are doing nothing. The owners will have many years in the championship to reflect on what they have done to our club. And Rodgers is as much to blame with our awful performances.

...we pretty much gave Rodgers too much leeway in the running of the club!!!

A lot of systems are no longer in place and this is where we have ended up. Getting the system back together will take time, a learning curve for Top.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Other clubs around us seem to be signing players, so why are we unable to land anyone lol it is a joke 

Every club are signing players and some have appointed new managers. Wolves and Villa will stay up because of this and we are treading water. 

Pathetic manager that needs sacking and owners that want to seemingly run the club on a shoestring.

Edited by Wortho
spelling

5 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I so don’t want to watch the game against Brighton out of protest but I feel for all you guys and gals that will be attending and protesting. What can us lot do from  overseas to help?

If you have access to an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile I believe the licence plate is BR3ND4N.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I so don’t want to watch the game against Brighton out of protest but I feel for all you guys and gals that will be attending and protesting. What can us lot do from  overseas to help?

Does Santa Cruz have a boulevard and if so can you put a Rodgers Out banner on it?

I believe it could go viral.

Edit - please see other threads for detailed how tos on making a banner although you might need to find an alternative to B&Q for some items. 

Edited by Bordersfox

2 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

According to your profile that means you've been going down the City since long before you were born.  Got to say that's some real dedication mate.  

I was born 27 December 1952 and attended my first match versus Fulham Boxing Day 1957 with my dad. So grow up and stop trying to score cheap points. 🤭😡🤬

1 minute ago, fazzyfox said:

I think it's on a knife edge and is dependent on how available Maddison and Evans are between now and the end of the season. A reasonable contribution in terms of games could be enough, little or none and we're gone, left with bomb scare defenders picked every week and no flair or creativity at the other end.

Tend to agree, with Maddison back we would be lifted and obviously better, add in the (pauses disbelief) some signings, and we could win the major battle of lack of belief, then the team has enough about to possibly limp home.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bigboy said:

I was born 27 December 1952 and attended my first match versus Fulham Boxing Day 1957 with my dad. So grow up and stop trying to score cheap points. 🤭😡🤬

My apologies big boy I shall endeavour to grow up immediately big boy.  

Carry on.  

• Haha 4

Something isn’t right we’ve got a captain and vice that hardly ever play. Shocking decision on both. We’ve got players running contracts down, we’ve got players who Rodger’s has ruined. We’ve had 4 plus first team players out for nearly 3 seasons, sometimes 10. Got rid of Dave Rennie who was excellent at his job. We’re playing our second choice keeper. Everyone around us is spending money but we can’t for some reason. We’re paying players too much money. Nothing coming back from the board about what it going on. 

I’ve not felt this shit about the club for probably 10 years. Going Saturday just hoping we get smashed so he gets the sack isn’t how I want to support the club. 

Rant over for now.

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Perhaps I’m in denial - not of our financial predicament or the football but I still reckon we have a decent shot at staying up. 

*Goes to fetch tin hat…

I did feel comfortable as I felt that wed get a few decent signings in the door. But the optimism is departing as all of our rivals have strengthened while weve seen nothing.  We need 3 difference makers and a fit maddison. I was quite confident looking at the squads at bmouth, everton and southampton... but I like something about Nathan Jones and have a feeling he could get a tune out of them. ... which makes me incredibly uneasy 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Something isn’t right we’ve got a captain and vice that hardly ever play. Shocking decision on both. We’ve got players running contracts down, we’ve got players who Rodger’s has ruined. We’ve had 4 plus first team players out for nearly 3 seasons, sometimes 10. Got rid of Dave Rennie who was excellent at his job. We’re playing our second choice keeper. Everyone around us is spending money but we can’t for some reason. We’re paying players too much money. Nothing coming back from the board about what it going on. 

I’ve not felt this shit about the club for probably 10 years. Going Saturday just hoping we get smashed so he gets the sack isn’t how I want to support the club. 

Rant over for now.

The club has a lot of issues. 

Rebuild needed, with a new manager, coaches, players and maybe even a new owner if Top has no funds left. 

Just hope we can somehow stay up this season, which buys us some time over the summer to start the big overhaul. 

17 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

The club has a lot of issues. 

Rebuild needed, with a new manager, coaches, players and maybe even a new owner if Top has no funds left. 

Just hope we can somehow stay up this season, which buys us some time over the summer to start the big overhaul. 

Something going on behind the scenes that's more serious than we think?

50 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Leicester under Taylor

Leicester now.

Differences?

I don't see any.

Dean Sturridge in on deadline day with a Radio Leicester special to announce a massive signing. 

The plugged that all day (the radio did), a special show. City signed two players one was expected (I can't remember who it was) but the other is going to excite city fans - I was a young boy with nothing to do. The show convinced me we had signed the man to save us. Sturridge left for Wolves the next year and went on scoring spree in the championship/div 1 if I remember rightly. 

God, I thought those days were over. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Something going on behind the scenes that's more serious than we think?

Now we know that FFP excuse is not all that it seems, the lack of investment even at the risk of relegation, is very odd. We were told there is money available but we are constrained by FFP, however, that constraint does not seem to be as big an issue as we were told. Certainly not to the extend where we couldn't even afford £13million on Lookman in the summer.

The most likely issue and one I can understand Top doesn't want to own up to, is that he either doesn't want to, or he simply can't invest in the club anymore. Add to that our top two players likely leaving in the summer, ageing players like Vardy and Evans, and consistent injuries that we can't seem to get on top of - we are in a mess! That isn't even including a Manager that we need to get rid of, and our club looking less and less attractive to top managers around the world. 

This could all change of course, if Top sacks Rodgers this week and makes £50 million available for 2-3 players, with a loan or two as well.

Three weeks into the transfer window though, all that is looking less and less likely. 

The only thing that doesn't add up with all that, is why would Top be spending so much on the stadium if the taps have run dry. Hopefully, we will know more in the coming days either way. 

• Like 1