Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Jannik Vestergaard

If he won't fck off, just strip his squad number, don't register him in the 25 man squad and make him train with the u23s. Yes he's a drain on our wages but he's damaging his own career and as a result Will never play for Denmark again. 

13 minutes ago, KFS said:

Jordan, in your view would this situation be easier to navigate should it be the MLB or another American league? 

Judge’s form completely drops off a cliff, for example, they drop him into an affiliate but he flat out refuses to go and play? 

Maybe not a good example, but Im wondering whether he’s intentionally worked this out to collect a wage. 

Judge has 5+ years of service so according to the MLB CBA he could refuse an assignment to the minors.

Also, Judge’s contract is fully guaranteed, so if he’s waived (like, a Trevor Bauer situation), he’ll collect his $360 million one way or another.

The peculiarities of North American sports league CBAs mean using our leagues for analogies is unfortunately only going to result in apples-to-oranges comparisons.

Edited by Jordan

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

Judge has 5+ years of service so according to the MLB CBA he could refuse an assignment to the minors.

Also, Judge’s contract is fully guaranteed, so if he’s waived (like, a Trevor Bauer situation), he’ll collect his $360 million one way or another.

The peculiarities of North American sports league CBAs mean using our leagues for analogies is unfortunately only going to result in apples-to-oranges comparisons.

Yeah, I’m just wondering if there’s something to learn from them. Boehly may want to drive those changes pretty soon when Mudryk, Enzo et al pick up professional eating in Cobham…

• Haha 1

Disappointing if he's turning down moves but who can blame him? He'll be on a fair old whack here and is training at world class facilities.

You'd think he'd be desperate for a move to get back playing again.

An absolute scandalous waste of money and a low point in terms of recruitment.

22 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Is this happening then?

Could an ITK let the club know I'm 5 minutes from Seagrave and have got my car keys in my hand ready to give him a lift.

21 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

Does your car have a sunroof?:ph34r:

Actually, I just had to check if cars still come with a sunroof!

Just finished drilling a hole in the roof of my ****ing car as well.

• Haha 1

He's cashed his career out. He doesn't care, as the salary & contract suit him. When he threw his WC chances away in Aug by refusing a loan then. I knew he'd be around for the duration. He won't lose money. And I'm not sure even if we square a like for like financial package he'd move either. Not unless the location fully suits him. All about stinky reality. But more fool us for buying him. 

32 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I fully agree that the club are responsible for this situation and it's not his fault at all. 

Having said that.... and I do realise that this is gonna get me some stick but I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team squad, particuarly the younger players. He'd be training by himself. 

Surely the culture you want to create within your squad is hunger, determination, a willingness to get your head down, graft and to just want to play. That's not an easy culture to promote when you have players seemingly willing to sit back and collect a wage. 

Ofcourse, this is based on speculated reports and my opinion only applies if there is any actual truth to it. 

Will also get stick for this, but is it totally out of the realms of possibility that the guy just wants to stay and fight for his place (as much as fans don't want him to win his place back), and not necessarily a case of him wanting to do sod all while collecting his wage? Could be numerous reasons why he turned Berlin down, him and his family being settled in the country instead of packing up for 6 months? He's not young with a history of attitude problems, he's had a decent career, I'd be amazed if this is him being an unprofessional ****

• Like 1

Just now, Stinky said:

Will also get stick for this, but is it totally out of the realms of possibility that the guy just wants to stay and fight for his place (as much as fans don't want him to win his place back), and not necessarily a case of him wanting to do sod all while collecting his wage? Could be numerous reasons why he turned Berlin down, him and his family being settled in the country instead of packing up for 6 months? He's not young with a history of attitude problems, he's had a decent career, I'd be amazed if this is him being an unprofessional ****

Yeah you're right you will get stick for that. It's Foxestalk y'know.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I fully agree that the club are responsible for this situation and it's not his fault at all. 

Having said that.... and I do realise that this is gonna get me some stick but I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team squad, particuarly the younger players. He'd be training by himself. 

Surely the culture you want to create within your squad is hunger, determination, a willingness to get your head down, graft and to just want to play. That's not an easy culture to promote when you have players seemingly willing to sit back and collect a wage. 

Ofcourse, this is based on speculated reports and my opinion only applies if there is any actual truth to it. 

What about some professional and personal pride? he's a pro footballer who isn't ever going to play for us in any meaningful way. Does he really want to just sit on his arse for two years? He could  (for eg)have taken a short loan to Berlin where his wages would have been covered by a mix of us and them and maybe done ok and got a decent move in the summer. If I'm another club now I'm looking at him thinking  he's no real interest in playing....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stinky said:

It certainly is possible that he wants to stay and fight for his place but to do that he's going to have to do something that he's never actually done for us and have a good game, if he ever does get the chance to. 

I imagine that his family being settled is a massive part of why he's stayed but if he wanted job security, footballs the wrong profession. You don't become a farmer and complain about the smell of sh!t. It's part and parcel of the career he chose. 

• Like 1