Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Jannik Vestergaard

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

In the ultimate irony, when Saints suffer two inexplicable CB injuries in the first 15 minutes of tonight’s game, they come begging for a CB loan…..

And still tell us to **** off when we get to him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Will also get stick for this, but is it totally out of the realms of possibility that the guy just wants to stay and fight for his place (as much as fans don't want him to win his place back), and not necessarily a case of him wanting to do sod all while collecting his wage? Could be numerous reasons why he turned Berlin down, him and his family being settled in the country instead of packing up for 6 months? He's not young with a history of attitude problems, he's had a decent career, I'd be amazed if this is him being an unprofessional ****

He's about to fall further down the pecking order and has been behind Amartey all season, I don't think it's got anything to do with fighting for anything. He's digging his heels in rather than doing the right thing, which is seeing out his career by actually playing.

50 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I fully agree that the club are responsible for this situation and it's not his fault at all. 

Having said that.... and I do realise that this is gonna get me some stick but I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team squad, particuarly the younger players. He'd be training by himself. 

Surely the culture you want to create within your squad is hunger, determination, a willingness to get your head down, graft and to just want to play. That's not an easy culture to promote when you have players seemingly willing to sit back and collect a wage. 

Ofcourse, this is based on speculated reports and my opinion only applies if there is any actual truth to it. 

Agree, on the proviso the situation is as it is, ie he's actively being awkward. (which we dont know)

If that is the case, then I'd even withdraw training from him. He'd be instructed to turn up for training each morning, but then released each morning immediately upon signing in. That's what Chelsea did with Desailly. 

57 minutes ago, KFS said:

Not to derail but i raised it in the context of 7-8 year contracts being handed out by them. They’ve ****ed us by unsettling our player and forced our hand to buy this bum and now handing out lengthy contracts that they would hope don’t do a Vestergaard and up sticks. If Mudryk fancies it he could do a Vestergaard for the remainder of his career. Mental 

I think you’re mixing up your summers

51 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Wasn’t it more that City accepted a bid from Fulham but Vestergaard didn’t agree to personal terms (because they were offering lower wages than City)?

If City just unilaterally decided to withhold Vestergaard’s wages, the PFA would have thrown a shit fit.

It’s up to him if he moves and takes a lower salary - we aren’t under an obligation to pay up his contract difference if he leaves and earns less.  But that seems to be the debate in here this evening …. Should the player chuck away a few million to play somewhere 

He has now had the chance to resurrect his career playing at the highest level in England and Germany.  At decent clubs, in brilliant cities.  It's not about finance either, he would earn the same money out on loan as we would have to cover any shortfall.  It's not like we are trying to farm him off to the Middle East or China.  Yeah we have to honour his contract, and that is our big mistake, but those of you defending a footballer that doesn't want to go and play football need to give your head a wobble.  

• Like 1

Would people stop saying Vestergaard was a panic buy!

I do seem to to recall Brendan wanted him at Leicester in the January transfer market in 2020 ( it was said Brendan was a great fan of him). But Hasenhuttl changed his mind and decided to start playing him again even through Vestergaard couldn't play his high press game as they had injuries in their defence.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, KFS said:

The other option is fully leaning into it with this: 

Brunt

Souttar

Vestergaard

Kristiansen

Have them stand on the line for 90 mins, blocking the goal mouth. 

Vesty's been here too long, he'd still manage to trap the ball then pass it backwards into his own net.

Clearly he doesnt want to uproot his family and doesnt give a hoot if he plays or not. He knows this is the last big contract he will get so why not get paid to be pampered and watch football for free in a prime seat.

This is 100% on our recruitment.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Will also get stick for this, but is it totally out of the realms of possibility that the guy just wants to stay and fight for his place (as much as fans don't want him to win his place back), and not necessarily a case of him wanting to do sod all while collecting his wage? Could be numerous reasons why he turned Berlin down, him and his family being settled in the country instead of packing up for 6 months? He's not young with a history of attitude problems, he's had a decent career, I'd be amazed if this is him being an unprofessional ****

Fight for his place suggests he had one 

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

Parasite.

Grow up.

He accepted the contract that the club offered him. He is under no obligation to accept any transfer/loan offer. If you want to vent your anger towards anyone, it’s the folk who offered him the contract.

Not sure this is relevant to the discourse, but according to a friend who works at the training  ground, Vestergaard is a decent chap. He’s polite and courteous. 

The signing didn’t work out. These things happen. 

• Like 4

This is all our own fault and Vestegaard can do what he want.

BUT what a sad bloke he must be. He missed out on playing in a World Cup - that is serious weirdo behaviour.

We should chuck him in with the youngsters. No point him stinking out the first team with that sort of attitude.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Grow up.

He accepted the contract that the club offered him. He is under no obligation to accept any transfer/loan offer. If you want to vent your anger towards anyone, it’s the folk who offered him the contract.

Not sure this is relevant to the discourse, but according to a friend who works at the training  ground, Vestergaard is a decent chap. He’s polite and courteous. 

The signing didn’t work out. These things happen. 

Oh well if he's polite and courteous whilst he steals a living that is OK then.

No professional pride.  No self respect.  He must have the hide of a Rhino to hang around where he is not wanted.  He's going to be obscenely wealthy wherever he goes.  How mercenary must you be to sacrifice your own career for a few extra bazillion?  I can't relate to it.

Parasite.

Edited by murphy