Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Jannik Vestergaard

I know people are pissed off and ready to throw him under the bus. But he probably has a family and kids in school and are happily settled to think about, Its not something that can be easily considered, Moving to other country is a big deal. BUT yeah, greedy bastard!!!!!!!! taking all out moneys!!! what a disgraceee. k thanks

:brendan_still:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Agreed, not sure why so many blame the players though.

I doubt any club is offering the bags that we are paying. So why walk away for half the money.

To play football? To maintain his international position? 

What a shit human being. 

All the kids who don't make it in this game would die to be in his position. 

Edited by SecretPro

Just now, Simoken said:

I know people are pissed off and ready to throw him under the bus. But he probably has a family and kids in school and are happily settled to think about, Its not something that can be easily considered, Moving to other country is a big deal. BUT yeah, greedy bastard!!!!!!!! taking all out moneys!!! what a disgraceee. k thanks

:brendan_still:

You raise a point of course but he's also been moaning he needs to play football. The club have made it clear, he will never ever play here very often. You can't be the buyer and the seller here Jannik. Either go and play if that's your main priority or if its the financial dilemma or family decision then sit put and shut up.

• Like 3

Just now, sylofox said:

I doubt any club is offering the bags that we are paying. So why walk away for half the money.

Well any deal with Vestergaard going on loan would mean his wages would be paid so he wouldn't be missing out.

He just values sitting on his arse here and earning money above playing and improving. Potentially even getting a transfer out of it.

He absolutely should be criticised. 

If I could hand pick one player in the squad to move on it would be this guy. It's such a mind blowingly frustrating waste of resources because - to a man - the fan base pretty much called this out. He was never, ever going to be a good fit, he had limited resale value, and we knew we'd be stuck with him on an expensive mid-length contract. Yet, here we are - lumped with this bloody carthorse.

At least with Bertrand the signing made sense as a free agent to cover a position we had injuries in at the time, and we only have 6months left on his deal vs 18months.

It’s been mentioned earlier in this thread (can’t find it) but Jannik and his wife just had their second child.

Would I like for the club to move him on? Absolutely. But if the choice is stay in Leicester to see out his contract and get de-registered from the PL squad vs. going to leave for Berlin (and jump on a sinking ship as is), he’s always going to choose the former, even if Hertha make him whole, because he’s not going to leave a newborn baby.

My understanding from reporting this summer was that Vestergaard both didn’t want to take a pay cut to join Fulham and actually believed he could play his way back onto the team.

Maybe he’d leave today if we lined up a loan for a Championship team and covered most of the wages with them paying the other fraction (at least trying to save a tiny bit of money) but Huth and Rudkin better be working quickly on other options. 

Otherwise, more 7-0 losses for the reserves incoming…

Edited by Jordan
  • Like 1

Got to feel he'll move on at some point before his contract runs out.

Never mind the wages he's on, if he wants to get decent contract with another club after Leicester, that club will want to see some aspiration and ability in him, other than the one to warm benches. Choosing to sit on a contract with little but poor performances under his belt, to the detriment of any international aspirations that he might have and to the detriment of the club from not being willing to move on isn't a great look.

However, can't fault him for making the most of the generous contract he has though, it's not his fault that he was offered it, that blame lies with club management that signed off on it.

My thoughts are that he's thinking of collecting 2 out of the 3 years with us and will move on in the summer.

At least, that's what I hope.

Might as well make the most of it whilst we are stuck with him. Reckon he might make a decent addition to the cleaning staff; He could probably clean on top of stuff the others can’t reach? 

He’s built like a rake, maybe he could join the groundskeeping staff? 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Haha 1

One of our worse signings of all time. Not just because he's shit but because he won't shift off his wages here. That does highlight how bad we are with contracts too, mind, and I said at that time we should have just gone for a loan signing.

I wonder how many games he will actually play for us.

This is what is wrong with our club at moment, players just not interested in playing for our club or in some cases football in general.

numerous players running down contracts (like a silly amount) 

Players not interested in playing for the shirt

players happy to pick up our massive pay check and not even play football.

Edited by DezFox

Just now, Footballwipe said:

Grown adults criticising a professional, a professional for choosing to stay in gainful employment and maintain his current life setup over taking a (temporary) job elsewhere. The main has loyalty only to his bank balance and to his family. Get a grip.

Football fans are a special breed.

Tell your boss that tomorrow and see how you get on. Weird post.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sylofox said:

For a loan deal wouldn’t he be getting the same salary? I.e Hertha contribute x% and Leicester pay the difference. So it’s not about taking a pay cut, it’s about not being arsed to actually play football somewhere, and that is pretty pathetic.

Just now, KFS said:

Tell your boss that tomorrow and see how you get on. Weird post.

Tell him what? I'd quite like to maintain my current life setup, and the private company who offered me this much money and this lifestyle in this location until X year will now have to deal with the consequences of that?

What a weird reply.

• Like 1