Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Jannik Vestergaard

Just now, KFS said:

You’re right. Stop the stadium development, foraging into international markets and match day income. Let’s just loan our way to Vestergaard’s lunch money and paying for his new born baby while he tells the media he wants to play again…

We could also do a better job of offloading our contracts instead of, say, leaving it until transfer deadline day to see if Vestergaard wants to go abroad to a total basket case of a club that just sacked their sporting director and might sack their manager 6 months into his job.

Just now, KFS said:

It doesn’t suit me that he’s being offered active chances to go and play (as is in his job description, if you want to go there), but he’s turning them down to do the absolute bare minimum and rot away in our reserves.

The club shouldn’t have offered him the deal, but all this move to absolve the guy is bizarre to me. Usual suspects though, so I’m not shocked.

The only party who has no chance of absolution is the club in this case unfortunately- the we shouldn’t have signed him, everyone saw it, and yes it was a panic after Fofana, but that smacks of lack of knowledge, we must have known other names, and it not fair to blame him for his 80k, for his not wanting to move or for not playing, because we (the club) did all of that 

I know it sucks

30 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

If its a loan deal his full wages would be covered anyway, clearly quite content not having any involvement in matches 

Assume you mean he wouldn’t be losing a penny if he took a loan deal 

I go back to the new child which someone mentioned a while ago 

the club would have spoken to him or his agent about his mindset re moving out on loan (either this country or abroad). Either he/they have lied to us or the club is showing it’s intent to move fringe players out, even if they know it won’t happen. He had nothing to gain by hiding the truth so I guess it’s all just a big charade 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

The only party who has no chance of absolution is the club in this case unfortunately- the we shouldn’t have signed him, everyone saw it, and yes it was a panic after Fofana, but that smacks of lack of knowledge, we must have known other names, and it not fair to blame him for his 80k, for his not wanting to move or for not playing, because we (the club) did all of that 

I know it sucks

They’re giving him opportunities though. I think it’s yet again another horrible deal (and by the way, why I think Boehly’s approach will fail). 

Let’s all agree that the club and he are both **** ups. Seeing posts siding with the guy about family, choice of club etc and defending him are just bizarre to me.

Try walking into your boss tomorrow and telling them you’re going to sit on your arse for 18 months more with your wedge and not do what is asked of you. It’s maddening and if we get relegated, is a serious serious problem. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

People say this all the time about players that are totally out of favour. It makes zero sense. 

So you want to pay what they're owed, but upfront, now and lose they player, when there's a chance that 1) they might get a loan or cheap sale, 2) you need them 

No of course I don’t. I was just being a baby about it!

1) Friendly match

2) Horrific tackle by Fer Nino

3) Our brightest prospect defender breaks his leg - in a friendly!!!!!

4) Only 20+ days until the window closed.

5) Jonny Evans still out injured for several months having limped out of the FA Cup final.

6) Club panicked and with the clock ticking took a punt on Vestergaard because other options were either deliberately too expensive or now unavailable.

Sure in hindsight its been a real bust of a signing, but at the time we had our backs to a wall with options.

So we should all actually blame that c**t Fer Nino, not Vestergaard......  Without THAT tackle, we wouldn't have signed this lanky streak of P....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

They’re giving him opportunities though. I think it’s yet again another horrible deal (and by the way, why I think Boehly’s approach will fail). 

Let’s all agree that the club and he are both **** ups. Seeing posts siding with the guy about family, choice of club etc and defending him are just bizarre to me.

Try walking into your boss tomorrow and telling them you’re going to sit on your arse for 18 months more with your wedge and not do what is asked of you. It’s maddening and if we get relegated, is a serious serious problem. 

Indeed.  And people berate the fact that Akinbiyi cost the club millions of pounds.  

When we did go down those on bigger money were legends and were on a fraction of what this guy is on and he hasn't even played.  

It's a disgrace.

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Try walking into your boss tomorrow and telling them you’re going to sit on your arse for 18 months more with your wedge and not do what is asked of you

What do you mean by that? It's not like he's refusing to play for us (as far as I know anyway) and although I agree it is odd for a professional footballer to not want to go and play football, especially on a loan where he'd be making the same money, he's not under any obligation to seek out or agree to a move. It would be more like if your boss never gave you any work to do because you're too useless to be trusted with anything but you carried on getting paid regardless.

And while on the topic of Boehly… Fofana’s involvement in our club created a butterfly effect that has impacted our trajectory. 

A club of our size trying to punch up have to be near on perfect. Instead we panic bought this guy because of Fofana’s injury.

The rat bag then screws us late in the window into accepting a staggered payment deal that we’ve only just checked (meaning arrivals this window). So now we can’t pay off Vestergaard who’s impacted our FFP structure, we’re a player down and Chelsea are amortising their way into 15 signings. 

Whole thing stinks really.

1 minute ago, Guest said:

What do you mean by that? It's not like he's refusing to play for us (as far as I know anyway) and although I agree it is odd for a professional footballer to not want to go and play football, especially on a loan where he'd be making the same money, he's not under any obligation to seek out or agree to a move. It would be more like if your boss never gave you any work to do because you're too useless to be trusted with anything but you carried on getting paid regardless.

You seen him under the ball mate? He’s absolutely refused to play for us lol Maybe not intentionally. That Spurs disaster. He must have had a bet on that result.