Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lesta2014

Deadline Day Thread

14 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Also, must you be so dismissive and downright rude all the time towards others opinions?  It's pretty tiresome really.

I think if the word "daft" is offensive enough to you to trigger this sensitive a response, you've probably had enough Internet for the day. 

And before 9am. It's gonna be a long day brother. 

• Haha 1

It's got to the point where it feels almost as important for players to leave today, as it does signing them... 

- Vestergaard (although rumours are he will not budge on his wages, so Hertha Berlin may be off)

- Perez (Betis?)

- Soyuncu (A Madrid?)

- Praet (Torino?)

Could do with at least 2 of those going... 

• Like 1

Tell you what though, looking at your phone 1hr before kick off Saturday will be interesting.

Who's coming straight in to the 11 vs Villa?

Which incumbent's are going to lose their place.

One observation is why bearing in mind other clubs got business done earlier - All our purchases have been in the last week or so.

Why couldn't we have got Kristiansen & Tete in the 1st 2 weeks of Jan??  Don't know the mechanics of these things but that's a few games more for all to bed in.

We've thrown the dice to stay up, lets hope they land the right way, I would hope that squad should have enough, here you go Brendan, show us what you think you've got!!

• Like 2

Get the feeling Everton will do some daft business today.

They could be an interesting one to look out for in terms of us trying to shift some of the deadwood, even if just on loan (Vesty for example)

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

They could be an interesting one to look out for in terms of us trying to shift some of the deadwood, even if just on loan (Vesty for example)

Dyche is historically quite shrewd. That said, he’s probably not having much of a say. 

Our transfer business seems to be very public these days, I preferred it when we didn't know until they'd signed. All this is it shite or not, do they want to come here, can we afford that sort of fee, will they do the deal in time I can do without.

I preferred when you knew that 99.999% of links were just click bait and not to be taken seriously.

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Ashley Barnes to Everton let's go 

• Haha 2

Do they still have that patronising Scottish bloke who comes on at window closing time to explain the "Deal Sheet" like he's explaining a tax form to a thick deaf pensioner, "Deal sheet, D-E-A-L SHEET! You put his name, HIS NAME at the top, that's THE PLAYERS NAME AT THE TOP,  the selling club, SELLING CLUB, the buying club, the fee, THE TRANSFER FEE.....It's a bit cold out isn't it....I SAID IT'S A BIT COLD ISN'T IT DEAR....." 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ashley Barnes to Everton let's go 

Did wonder if he might go to Burnley and get one or two (there's not many left!!) But the likes of Brownhil and Barnes stick out.

However he sort of already has a big ****er in DCL so maybe he'll stick with that for now.

Think its been a decent window for us, got some bodies in, that gives him some choice.

The right winger if he performs to a decent standard most of the time could be big for us. 

Upgrade on Left back & Ricky back within a month. 

Central defensive competition.

17th finish and an FA Cup win, what more can you want!!!:D  Well maybe 11th?

All 24 and under, so some energy and fire.

26 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Do they still have that patronising Scottish bloke who comes on at window closing time to explain the "Deal Sheet" like he's explaining a tax form to a thick deaf pensioner, "Deal sheet, D-E-A-L SHEET! You put his name, HIS NAME at the top, that's THE PLAYERS NAME AT THE TOP,  the selling club, SELLING CLUB, the buying club, the fee, THE TRANSFER FEE.....It's a bit cold out isn't it....I SAID IT'S A BIT COLD ISN'T IT DEAR....." 

Works for Talksport

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The boy Linacre said:

Tell you what though, looking at your phone 1hr before kick off Saturday will be interesting.

Who's coming straight in to the 11 vs Villa?

Which incumbent's are going to lose their place.

One observation is why bearing in mind other clubs got business done earlier - All our purchases have been in the last week or so.

Why couldn't we have got Kristiansen & Tete in the 1st 2 weeks of Jan??  Don't know the mechanics of these things but that's a few games more for all to bed in.

We've thrown the dice to stay up, lets hope they land the right way, I would hope that squad should have enough, here you go Brendan, show us what you think you've got!!

Rodgers has no excuse now and nowhere to hide. With the squad we now have, only a completely useless chump could get us relegated because we shouldn't have been in this situation without the new recruits.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

For £40m? You having a laugh. He's ****ing shite.

Agree - too much, not good enough and zero interest in supporting Chelsea in their nefarious dealings

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Agree - too much, not good enough and zero interest in supporting Chelsea in their nefarious dealings

Yup, agree on all counts.

I don't know where this lad even got his reputation from. Genuinely interested in what he's actually done that's beyond average!

• Like 1