Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lesta2014

Deadline Day Thread

Just now, Ric Flair said:

As predicted, we'd not attempt to go for any new target / option in the last day or two of the window. We cannot work that quickly. 

Just so thankful there was a breakthrough on Tete last week as we'd have been in a world of shit.

I really think we are still deep in it Ric given how other teams have moved

Hope I'm wrong

6 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Hope I'm wrong

I share the same concerns, we can't be sure either way.

We've certainly not smashed it out the park on additions compared to those around us but Tete will be a huge difference for us.

Let's hope its enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

We've certainly not smashed it out the park on additions compared to those around us but Tete will be a huge difference for us.

Let's hope its enough.

Surely you've got to be happy with what we've done? I can't believe it to be honest, was down in the dumps about ten days ago. All of our signings are under 24 and in important positions. Actual height at the back, literally the best possible option we could have chosen for the RW position. No idea if they work out, but I feel like we have at least tried to address known issues in the first team, not just the squad.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's hope its enough.

Hopefully the two at the back will stiffen our defence. Freeing up other players a little to help out going forward.

That and moving the bloody ball quicker would be a help.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Surely you've got to be happy with what we've done? I can't believe it to be honest, was down in the dumps about ten days ago. All of our signings are under 24 and in important positions. Actual height at the back, literally the best possible option we could have chosen for the RW position. No idea if they work out, but I feel like we have at least tried to address known issues in the first team, not just the squad.

Happy, yes

Blown away, no

Had Tete signed on a permanent or with a straight forward option to buy I'd be even happier. I am confident though this isn't just a 6 month love affair.

But in the context of the fact we wanted another 2 more in (CM and a left winger) then that's why I'm a bit less ecstatic. We've wasted time on a mediocre player in Jack Harrison and we were told there were other targets which I'd wished we'd focused more on (unless they were crapper than Harrison).

I can't help but feel if we've got £25m to spend on Harrison then we must be willing to invest this month and we've unfinished business in that sense. It also puts even more pressure on the business needed in the summer. I'm nervous we won't ace the summer window like we will have to do.

We need 6-7 minimum.

Do we now have enough to stay up? Hopefully, Tete single handedly makes us a weapon going forward, let's hope Barnes benefits from this as well and that Daka can get put of his crisis. 

I just look at other teams around us who have been more desperate to strengthen than we have and wished we'd got 1 or 2 more in. 

• Like 2

Its a solid  7/ 8 out of ten for me , better then  expected because like every one else i'm felling down beat.  we have addressed some fundamental issues and god knows we needed to!  also added some flair. 

The whole is greater then the sum of the parts so we need to hope these additions lift the rest of the squad and with players like Daka and Barnes not finding form, not just on the pitch but psychologically the last windows have been so depressing i think its got into every ones heads watching so much improvement around us whilst standing still ,  not perfect but  a step in the right direction.  I'm actually exited to see the new guys play.  

Edited by jamfox

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Its more a present to say sorry your career is fùcked but heres a five year deal so you can still live in luxury despite being injured all the time.

Pre injury Ricardo would have been at Real Madrid by now,  bet he couldnt believe his luck when they offered him that contract:ricardo:

At the time I couldn’t believe it as he was always injured then aswell. Should of got rid a long time ago. His big wages could have been used on a fit, quality player. 

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

As predicted, we'd not attempt to go for any new target / option in the last day or two of the window. We cannot work that quickly. 

Just so thankful there was a breakthrough on Tete last week as we'd have been in a world of shit.

I don't want to sound ungrateful but two issues spring to mind. 1) Tete on loan - great right? Except we've been after some consistency and a permanant player in that area. Is he likely to sign with us between now and when he's contracted to leave? 2) ACM - we badly need one because it's the glue of any team on the pitch and KDB is a shining example for man city.

50 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Hope I'm wrong

If Maddison stays fit, that will have as much impact as any of the new signings - it could be the difference between relegation and survival. However I also think the new signings will have an impact - we'll be tighter at the back and less predictable up front with Tete on the right and Maddison in the middle. 

I think we'll survive - and then face a massive rebuilding job in the summer. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I don't want to sound ungrateful but two issues spring to mind. 1) Tete on loan - great right? Except we've been after some consistency and a permanant player in that area. Is he likely to sign with us between now and when he's contracted to leave? 2) ACM - we badly need one because it's the glue of any team on the pitch and KDB is a shining example for man city.

He's provided 11 goals in 19 games for Lyon this season, he does that for us in the remaining league and Cup games and we'll be waxing jimmy's.