Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lesta2014

Deadline Day Thread

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Pretty disappointing that once again the likes of Perez, Praet, Vestergaard and Soyuncu will be here for the remainder of the season and either used and offer us nothing (Perez and Praet), not used who could offer us something (Soyuncu) or that revolting we pretend they don't even exist (Vestergaard and Bertrand if he regains hit fitness)

Barely any academy players going out on loan again either as it stands, hopefully Huth reads the club the riot act.

This is important. Even though I’m happy with the signings coming in, transfers out are also highly consequential and I feel like the club hasn’t done a good job of offloading dead contracts.

We can’t be wasting money, and we can’t be seen as a club that lets players’ careers shrivel and die, leaving a bad impression to any incoming targets that have ambitions of playing international football.

The club will be taking a huge loss in the financial accounts that will be released for the last year so I also don’t want any bad business having a knock-on effect on how much we can spend on wages next season. 

14 minutes ago, Jordan said:

This is important. Even though I’m happy with the signings coming in, transfers out are also highly consequential and I feel like the club hasn’t done a good job of offloading dead contracts.

We can’t be wasting money, and we can’t be seen as a club that lets players’ careers shrivel and die, leaving a bad impression to any incoming targets that have ambitions of playing international football.

The club will be taking a huge loss in the financial accounts that will be released for the last year so I also don’t want any bad business having a knock-on effect on how much we can spend on wages next season. 

You can't get rid of something nobody wants. Would you be in a rush to sign or loan any of them?

8 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

SSN is pure parody. The 5 minutes of it I could stand were hilarious. Darmesh and Kaveh with their serious faces on, like they're discussing the war in Ukraine.

So glad this shit is confined to a few months of the year. This pair plus Jim White and the Twitter ITKs are enough to drive you away from football.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Probs wasn't accident 

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

They accidentally called us Leeds the other day so at least this was an improvement

He was saying something like "Lets see what's going on at Leicester City shall we" and he obviously too the sh from shall instead

I think we still have problems. Serious problems, one more attacking player in and a couple or time wasters out the door could have made this window a really good one. By our standards it’s been good. However, realistically it’s only been above average imo. We have some serious key positions to replace next summer and would have nice to build on a couple of them now. 

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

SSN is pure parody. The 5 minutes of it I could stand were hilarious. Darmesh and Kaveh with their serious faces on, like they're discussing the war in Ukraine.

A part of me wonders if they know this is the general opinion of it and just play along. Those two guys are beyond a joke and I haven’t met a single person who can take them seriously, yet they get wielded out every year to spout utter shite. 
Stop.The.Press I am hearing sensational news that Stoke City have signed Kevin Doyle on a 3 month loan deal or other such rubbish

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

In fairness, isn't this because the last time we did this we ended up signing one Adrien Silva... 14 seconds too late?

Wasn't a new target though was he, we'd tried to land him 12 months before on deadline day! What caused that problem was because of the negotiations on Drinkwater.

Always takes us ages to announce deals, Lookman took ages on deadline day too.

• Like 1