Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lesta2014

Deadline Day Thread

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Yup, agree on all counts.

I don't know where this lad even got his reputation from. Genuinely interested in what he's actually done that's beyond average!

He was mustard whilst on loan to Palace wasn’t he?

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Yup, agree on all counts.

I don't know where this lad even got his reputation from. Genuinely interested in what he's actually done that's beyond average!

Great engine, incredibly positive and always looks to make things happen. He's also happy to put in a shift put himself about. He probably needs to curb the putting himself about as he picks up a lot of cards lol

By no means is he the finished product, but he's 22 and has plenty of potential to be a real asset in this league.

I'd be comfortable with 15-20 plus add ons. 40 plus add ons is ridiculous though haha.

34 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Think its been a decent window for us, got some bodies in, that gives him some choice.

The right winger if he performs to a decent standard most of the time could be big for us. 

Upgrade on Left back & Ricky back within a month. 

Central defensive competition.

17th finish and an FA Cup win, what more can you want!!!:D  Well maybe 11th?

All 24 and under, so some energy and fire.

Ricky back for 2 games and then out injured for the rest of the season more like. I never understood the point of giving him a contract extension when he is injured all the time. A complete waste of money that was. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Souttar, Kristiansen, and Tete for £30m is great business and a great window

We do still need that versatile attacker to make it a brilliant window though, if it isn’t Harrison (which is looking less and less likely) then hopefully we have been keeping an eye on someone else

Alex Scott just to see @Ric Flair reaction.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

Do they still have that patronising Scottish bloke who comes on at window closing time to explain the "Deal Sheet" like he's explaining a tax form to a thick deaf pensioner, "Deal sheet, D-E-A-L SHEET! You put his name, HIS NAME at the top, that's THE PLAYERS NAME AT THE TOP,  the selling club, SELLING CLUB, the buying club, the fee, THE TRANSFER FEE.....It's a bit cold out isn't it....I SAID IT'S A BIT COLD ISN'T IT DEAR....." 

Thick deaf pensioner here.

Could you run through that again?

Stopped paying attention after...Well all of it really.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pretty disappointing that once again the likes of Perez, Praet, Vestergaard and Soyuncu will be here for the remainder of the season and either used and offer us nothing (Perez and Praet), not used who could offer us something (Soyuncu) or that revolting we pretend they don't even exist (Vestergaard and Bertrand if he regains hit fitness)

Barely any academy players going out on loan again either as it stands, hopefully Huth reads the club the riot act.

Thought Perez was pretty much done?

1 hour ago, Kuredufox said:

Manure thinking of letting Elanga go out on loan, could do worse.

I wouldn't be surprised. If Harrison doesn't happen we may not have time to pull off another permanent deal and this kind of loan could work for all.

Mind, I was talking to a MU ST yesterday who said 'you can have him'. Behind Garnacho, Pellistri, Sancho in the pecking order. He said the same about slab head too.

3 hours ago, Ely fox said:

Ricky back for 2 games and then out injured for the rest of the season more like. I never understood the point of giving him a contract extension when he is injured all the time. A complete waste of money that was. 

Its more a present to say sorry your career is fùcked but heres a five year deal so you can still live in luxury despite being injured all the time.

Pre injury Ricardo would have been at Real Madrid by now,  bet he couldnt believe his luck when they offered him that contract:ricardo:

34 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Surely this is worth a look? If he was considering Union he'd consider us.

Get him and Madders out there drawing fouls all game long. Souttar will bang in ten goals for us this season. 

46 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Surely this is worth a look? If he was considering Union he'd consider us.

I think I read somewhere that it's off because of a failed medical?

EDIT: Some reports actually suggesting his representatives upped their demands at the last minute

Edited by TiffToff88

By our standards it been a fantastic window. However, looking at the bigger picture it’s been ok not great imo.

I really think we are one attacking player short and also in a position where we will have to replace 2/3 key positions in the summer. Barnes will still be on the left with zero competition at all and we are still a James Maddison injury from relegation. Jack Harrison would have been ok, not sure he is the one though. Maybe should have spent the time approaching someone who actually wanted to come? If we brought in one more player like Scott from Bristol (6 months to bed in)  I would be over the moon. Doesn’t seem like we will though. So overall I think a lot better than usual but not completely game changing. 

5 minutes ago, DezFox said:

By our standards it been a fantastic window. However, looking at the bigger picture it’s been ok not great imo.

I really think we are one attacking player short and also in a position where we will have to replace 2/3 key positions in the summer. Barnes will still be on the left with zero competition at all and we are still a James Maddison injury from relegation. Jack Harrison would have been ok, not sure he is the one though. Maybe should have spent the time approaching someone who actually wanted to come? If we brought in one more player like Scott from Bristol (6 months to bed in)  I would be over the moon. Doesn’t seem like we will though. So overall I think a lot better than usual but not completely game changing. 

I wonder if we could continue with KDH, Tielemans, Ndidi etc. in central midfield and then put Maddison out *nominally* on the left.

I know it hasn't worked that well before but I think he'd actually operate more centrally anyway in the way he has from the right for us. Plus Kristiansen looks like a beast so he can hold the width. That way we can actually give Barnes a bit of a rest from time to time.

• Like 1