Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

27 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He was in charge of the football side of things, But he chose to only look after the dev squad and first team squads.

I'm sure if he wanted him gone he would have been removed.

So I guess Rudkin has him to thank for his job.

That is just not true,  Pearson was 1st team manager and would have only had direct line management for the 1st team squad and coaches.  John Rudkin was and remains the Director of football and would have responsibility for all footballing matters at the club,  with the possible exception of 1st Manager who I would think reports to the CEO as would Rudkin.

Edit  I doubt whether Sue Whelan would be able to dismiss either party without the say so of Top.

Edited by Robo61
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

That is just not true,  Pearson was 1st team manager and would ha=ve only had direct line management for the 1st team squad and coaches.  John Rudkin was and remains the Director of football and would have responsibility for all footballing matters at the club,  with the possible exception of 1st Manager who I would think reports to the CEO as would Rudkin.

Sorry to disagree, Pearson only agreed to go back to the Club on the understanding he had total control of Football Matters.

Vichai to his creditis credit asked him to come back. The catalyst was the former CEO. I can't remember his name.

If you new anything of Pearson he wouldn't have it any other way.

Rudkin was Managing the under 18s I think it was at that time.

56 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

That is just not true,  Pearson was 1st team manager and would have only had direct line management for the 1st team squad and coaches.  John Rudkin was and remains the Director of football and would have responsibility for all footballing matters at the club,  with the possible exception of 1st Manager who I would think reports to the CEO as would Rudkin.

Edit  I doubt whether Sue Whelan would be able to dismiss either party without the say so of Top.

Rudkin was in charge for about 6 months before they sacked Pearson. 

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Rudkin was in charge for about 6 months before they sacked Rudkin. 

Is that right Freud?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Rudkin was in charge for about 6 months before they sacked Rudkin. 

There's two of them!?

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

She was CEO of KP until they purchased LCFC … she’s very much part of the KP family

She's actually Senior Executive Vice President of the KP group of Companies. Second only to Tops Mother I believe.

Edited by Clever Fox
Missing word

Just now, Clever Fox said:

She's actually Senior Vice President of the KP group of Companies. Second only to Tops Mother I believe.

https://www.tfwa.com/tfwa-world-exhibition-conference/susan-whelan-100008535

Here's another very good article about her worth a read.

She's an OBE as of 2022 and Premier league CEO of the year in 2021.

A very well respected lady.

She's also a Sailing Instructor from her young days.

She'll be well able for the choppy Waters we now find ourselves in.

49 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Rudkin was in charge for about 6 months before they sacked Pearson. 

45 minutes ago, Tuna said:

There's two of them!?

It’s one of the Marvel Multiverse plot lines but I can’t tell you more about it until filming has finished. You won’t believe how many arms Whelan has. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Sorry to disagree, Pearson only agreed to go back to the Club on the understanding he had total control of Football Matters.

Vichai to his creditis credit asked him to come back. The catalyst was the former CEO. I can't remember his name.

If you new anything of Pearson he wouldn't have it any other way.

Rudkin was Managing the under 18s I think it was at that time.

Rudkin was appointed DoF 6 minths before Pearson was sacked. So either Pearson did not have full control of football matters or he approved Rudkins appointment or more probably both.

Interesting that you think Pearson should have got rid of the bloke that was responsible for signing the players that helped us to win the PL.

Edited by Robo61

2 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

Rudkin was appointed DoF 6 minths before Pearson was sacked. So either Pearson did not have full control of football matters or he approved Rudkins appointment or more probably both.

Interesting that you think Pearson should have got rid of the bloke that was responsible for signing the players that helped us to win the PL.

Rudkin fell into position because King Power made a dreadful appointment for the DoF role. Terry Robinson. 

Thing with Rudkin in that title season is quite funny really because he allowed Ranieri to sign a couple of right duffers and then without Steve Walsh’s guidance, Rudkin completely cocked up the summer of 2016. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

As stated below by Cosbeh Fox he got lucky, Maybe Pearson did or didn't approve him.He definitely had control over football matters. The one's who signed the players was Pearson and Walsh. Most of which went on to win us the Premier league.

Pearson would never accept players being foisted on him. Least of all by Ruskin as they didn't see eye to eye.

Pseason was also great friend with Sir Alex at the time which is why we got Drinky and Matty from Utd.

As for Rudkin he knew nothing of the workings of a Dof. He was just in the right place at the right time.

He even asked Pearson for a list of his football  Contacts.

Which I believe Pearson told him to politely Fook off.

Is it any wonder we've paid way over the top for some very poor players we've signed since. Who would you suggest is responsible for that and the mess we're now in.

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

As stated below by Cosbeh Fox he got lucky, Maybe Pearson did or didn't approve him.He definitely had control over football matters. The one's who signed the players was Pearson and Walsh. Most of which went on to win us the Premier league.

Pearson would never accept players being foisted on him. Least of all by Ruskin as they didn't see eye to eye.

Pseason was also great friend with Sir Alex at the time which is why we got Drinky and Matty from Utd.

As for Rudkin he knew nothing of the workings of a Dof. He was just in the right place at the right time.

Is it any wonder we've paid way over the top for some very poor players we've signed since. Who would you suggest is responsible for that and the mess we're now in.

Rudkin alone in the transfer market of summer 2016 could be worthy of a film - and it would be a comedy of an incompetent idiot. 

Asked the scouting department to list out our targets from previous windows. Ignored the notes about values on certain players etc. Fishing around agents as well which ended up in the Molla Wague disaster. 

Thought it spoke volumes the other day that Pearson individually mentioned Susan Whelan for praise on the podcast he appeared on. 

My impression of the current King Power set up is aligned with your own. It’s a weird power play situation of family and rivalries within senior staff. Mad really. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Rudkin alone in the transfer market of summer 2016 could be worthy of a film - and it would be a comedy of an incompetent idiot. 

Asked the scouting department to list out our targets from previous windows. Ignored the notes about values on certain players etc. Fishing around agents as well which ended up in the Molla Wague disaster. 

Thought it spoke volumes the other day that Pearson individually mentioned Susan Whelan for praise on the podcast he appeared on. 

My impression of the current King Power set up is aligned with your own. It’s a weird power play situation of family and rivalries within senior staff. Mad really. 

I haven't seen the Pod Cast I must have a look.

She's an amazing woman and still goes to Thailand for one week each Month to oversee the whole KP operation from her office there.

We're are so lucky to have her.

57 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

26 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I haven't seen the Pod Cast I must have a look.

She's an amazing woman and still goes to Thailand for one week each Month to oversee the whole KP operation from her office there.

We're are so lucky to have her.

I really don't know who is to blame as I know about as much or as little of the inner workings of the club as you do. However if it's all Rudkins fault what the f*** is our fantastic CEO doing about it. Surely the buck stops at the Top one way or another.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robo61 said:

I really don't know who is to blame as I know about as much or as little of the inner workings of the club as you do. However if it's all Rudkins fault what the f*** is our fantastic CEO doing about it. Surely the buck stops at the Top one way or another.

She is outvoted by the chairman 

whether that’s relevant or not we won’t know 

but Rudders has (or hopefully had) 💯 % trust and support from vichai and then top. Pretty sure vichai would have moved way faster than top has done on this though. (If he’s moving at all)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

She is outvoted by the chairman 

whether that’s relevant or not we won’t know 

but Rudders has (or hopefully had) 💯 % trust and support from vichai and then top. Pretty sure vichai would have moved way faster than top has done on this though. (If he’s moving at all)

This is it exactly.

Whatever the situation is,  Top is still his Mothers eldest Son.

She's likely to back him against anyone.

I'd say there's a fair bit of Politics going on in the Boardroom.

12 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Rudkin fell into position because King Power made a dreadful appointment for the DoF role. Terry Robinson. 

Thing with Rudkin in that title season is quite funny really because he allowed Ranieri to sign a couple of right duffers and then without Steve Walsh’s guidance, Rudkin completely cocked up the summer of 2016. 

I still remember seeing a video of him doing the ice bucket challenge and was shocked he was a DOF of a Premier League football club lol