Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SkidsFox

Anyone pre-planned their own funeral?

I'm waiting for that cyronic technology to fully arrive, I prepare for being frozen for years and years by regularly changing train at Ely station, so cold that Bear Grylls avoids the place and the SAS use a cheap day return there as a training exercise. Mates will probably stick a broom handle in and turn me into an ice lolly for the "Bants".  A Faz "Fab"  with sprinkles on and a naff joke printed on the lolly stick, what a legacy.

Edited by fazzyfox

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

I'm not going to be buried. I'm going to be stuffed and placed in a chair at IKEA. 

I would like to be sat in a carriage on the Circle Line, it would be my gift to London 

16 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

I'm quite tempted by the woodland burial myself, seems more eco-friendly. Anyone set this up?

Can't help you but I'd never heard of this until last week when a colleague said it's was his Dad's funeral and it was just in somesort of woods. It sounded like nobody attended though??

leave me to science, my granddad left his body and it was used at Leicester Uni. We got a report back about 2 years after he had passed to explain what they had used it before and how the science used managed to save X amount of lives. Was a fascinating read. 

They did ask if the family wanted what was left of him back. We politely declined and he was then cremated. 

21 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

I'm quite tempted by the woodland burial myself, seems more eco-friendly. Anyone set this up?

There are three natural burial sites in the Leicester area, and my spot in one of them has already been reserved and paid for. It's very easy to set up, and you can also reserve two or more spots next to each other. (They cost about the same as a City season ticket.) You can also often have a tree planted at the same place, so eventually the area will become woodland. The coffins are wickerwork, made from bamboo or willow, and are eco-friendly. A slightly cheaper option is manilla cardboard. The clothes worn by the deceased person should also be made from natural fibres.  

• Like 1