Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Season Tickets 2023/24

3 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Going to need to sack off fox memberships for tickets too IMO. General sale is a necessity 

Then what’s the point of a membership? Away tickets? I just don’t want to lose my points if I don’t renew.. 

29 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Then what’s the point of a membership? Away tickets? I just don’t want to lose my points if I don’t renew.. 

What the poster is saying that it should not be a requirement to buy a membership in 2023/24 to buy matchday tickets. They should be sold on general sale but abiding by a point history. So if you have 40 home priority points, you will get a chance to buy before someone who only has 1 for example.

Memberships aren't a bad idea but make them cheaper. Or let it be £30 or something but you get one match ticket included. No one should pay £50/60 just for the privilege of getting match ticket access.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

What the poster is saying that it should not be a requirement to buy a membership in 2023/24 to buy matchday tickets. They should be sold on general sale but abiding by a point history. So if you have 40 home priority points, you will get a chance to buy before someone who only has 1 for example.

Memberships aren't a bad idea but make them cheaper. Or let it be £30 or something but you get one match ticket included. No one should pay £50/60 just for the privilege of getting match ticket access.

Definitely agree with not having to purchase a membership for tickets, just so long as you get to keeps your points you have accumulated. But I think you will need one for aways next season as the likes of the local derbies and Sheffield Wednesday etc probably won’t go to general sale.. be interesting though as the ticket allocations are usually higher in the championship 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Winchesterfox said:

The club needs to reduce match day ticket prices in the Championship, otherwise we're going to see a lot of empty seats. 

100% this. Season tickets are more than affordable at around £19 a game, especially compared to other mates who pay around £25 for mid table championship clubs. But a match day ticket around £42 is too much for a premier league game never mind the second division. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

100% this. Season tickets are more than affordable at around £19 a game, especially compared to other mates who pay around £25 for mid table championship clubs. But a match day ticket around £42 is too much for a premier league game never mind the second division. 

In my view, the majority of matchday tickets (Kop, Family Stand etc.) should be made available for no more than £25-30. STH's still pay less but it also attracts matchday going fans, younger fans etc. Make sure we also have very reasonable pricing for U22/U18 etc.

Whether the club will even care will show in the next few months but the club have a lot of making up to do. A token statement from the Chairman is not sufficient. Actions must be taken.

11 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Definitely agree with not having to purchase a membership for tickets, just so long as you get to keeps your points you have accumulated. But I think you will need one for aways next season as the likes of the local derbies and Sheffield Wednesday etc probably won’t go to general sale.. be interesting though as the ticket allocations are usually higher in the championship 

The club have to make tickets accessible to anyone who wants one. If the games are popular then at least have sensible checks such as members or fans with a couple of priority points. However, every game where demand allows must drop to some sort of general sale. I don't think they need to worry about Plymouth/Preston fans getting into the away end with us.

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Exactly what I was getting at 👍

• Like 1

Memberships should be no more than £10 just to cover admin, processing etc. 

The club needs to link memberships to match ticket price reductions otherwise its pointless. No one is going to pay £50 for a membership and £35 for a ticket to watch Preston at home on a Tuesday night. 

Also need to abandon the category A and B game price format. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, happy85 said:

had a email just now for members to enter in a ballot to obtain season tickets - there was Q to get into the website so demand may be there 

It allows for you to order 99 tickets. I presume that won't affect the ballot. I only ordered one.

• Haha 1

Just want to point out something I nearly missed. If you’re on Direct Debit Auto Renewal then make sure to select your ticket preference of physical card v mobile phone. I would have assumed that last season’s preference would be carried over but having seen ‘put your preference here’ on the website - now not so sure what the default would be if you weren’t to choose. 

Edited by An Away Move
Spelling

2 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Just want to point out something I nearly missed. If you’re on Direct Debit Auto Renewal then make sure to select your ticket preference of physical card v mobile phone. I would have assumed that last season’s preference would be carried over but having seen ‘put your preference here’ on the website - now not so sure what the default would be if you weren’t to choose. 

Just read that the default is ‘NFC’ if you don’t choose. 

3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

It allows for you to order 99 tickets. I presume that won't affect the ballot. I only ordered one.

I just tried and it won't let me order 99 for myself, it makes you assign each one to a different person. Imagine if you had enough points, were successful and had to pay for 99 STs. lol

About 93.5k ballot tickets left now and still going quickly, was about 96.5k shortly after 9am when the ballot opened this morning and there were queues to get onto the site. I assume it started at 100k? 

Ballot still open for another week so probably at least 10k tickets will go. That's a lot of members. There's no way there'll be 10k non renewals out of 23k STs, so they definitely won't be going to general sale.. 

5 minutes ago, brucey said:

I just tried and it won't let me order 99 for myself, it makes you assign each one to a different person. Imagine if you had enough points, were successful and had to pay for 99 STs. lol

About 93.5k ballot tickets left now and still going quickly, was about 96.5k shortly after 9am when the ballot opened this morning and there were queues to get onto the site. I assume it started at 100k? 

Ballot still open for another week so probably at least 10k tickets will go. That's a lot of members. There's no way there'll be 10k non renewals out of 23k STs, so they definitely won't be going to general sale.. 

The drop out rate of applications v those who actually go ahead and pay for an ST will be high, I estimate (based on nothing at all) about 60% attrition rate. As others have said they'll sell out this season, but maybe in the next few years as second tier football becomes more normal you may see ST's on general sale

5 hours ago, happy85 said:

had a email just now for members to enter in a ballot to obtain season tickets - there was Q to get into the website so demand may be there 

I went in at 9am and there was no queue at all. I assume I t’s the club who sets the queue on the website if they think there will be demand, not an automatic feature if they get high traffic.

Just seen in the season ticket transfer terms they match tickets can only be transferred to linked friends and family who have a valid membership. So no chance they're sacking off the membership requirement next season. Hopefully a change in pricing at least.