Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Season Tickets 2023/24

26 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I've felt this this season.

Gave up my ST a few years back due to other commitments and it was one of the worst decision I've made. 

I must have spent upwards of £800-£900 this season on match tickets, and didn't miss a game except my wedding day. :ph34r: Had a ticket for the Arsenal game too on that day as I forgot the day we were getting married. Should have heard what the wife said. "Who's more important? Me or Football?" She found out the hard way when I dashed from Market Harborough Registry Office at half 1, swapped my suit for my retro shirt and jeans and locked the suit in the lockers in Highcross. Got back just before the cake was being cut and managed to avoid all the small talk with her nobhead uncles, who are all funnily enough West Ham fans. 

Only joking of course. As if i'd let any of those west ham fans in my house. 

Hahah that is brilliant, made me laugh out loud tbf. On an actually serious note, Arsenal away a few years ago got moved to the Monday after my wedding on Saturday, which was great as I managed to go, first and last time I've ever thanked Sky scheduling.

Guest Mee-9
18 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Hahah that is brilliant, made me laugh out loud tbf. On an actually serious note, Arsenal away a few years ago got moved to the Monday after my wedding on Saturday, which was great as I managed to go, first and last time I've ever thanked Sky scheduling.

Was genuinely a nightmare. She said to me, 'Am I really not as important to you as football?' 

Was a tough conversation. Didn't go well. She did get the arse.  

6 minutes ago, FunkyFox93 said:

What you reckon the chances are of getting a season ticket with 46 points ? 

my brothers only got 21 so don’t want to risk doing joint application as it takes the points of the lowest account ? 

Last 2 seasons the cut off has been 37 so it'll be lower than that

How much lower is the question... I'm guessing 15-25, but who knows. Why not just do separate applications?

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Last 2 seasons the cut off has been 37 so it'll be lower than that

How much lower is the question... I'm guessing 15-25, but who knows. Why not just do separate applications?

Yeah will be doing so.

just wondered his chances of getting one tbh 

10 hours ago, brucey said:

The window for current members to apply for / buy STs is in the next 2 weeks, I believe membership sales for the new season don't reopen until much later

Current season ticket holders have until 14th June to renew. 15th June current holders can relocate. From 16th June sales open to those current members who were successful in applying for a season ticket. So current members can apply now for a season ticket but new memberships won't open until at least July. They'll have the renewal for current members first too. 

9 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I still think there will be more of demand than people think.

Most will come to terms with the relegation and won't be able to resist renewing.

Of course, there will be a small drop off, but I don't think it's going to be a case of all members get one or anything like that.

I was thinking that as well , if we dont get promotion the next season will see the big drop off

• Like 2

9 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Most will come to terms with the relegation and won't be able to resist renewing.

Of course, there will be a small drop off, but I don't think it's going to be a case of all members get one or anything like that.

I agree having thought about this for a few days. It’s only the PL Willy pullers who won’t renew. Most fans my age are loyal, and have been supporting the team since division 1 days. Championship is disappointing, but done well we could have a very successful season there

• Like 1

10 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Yeah I think being the 'big team' in that league will keep people interested and you'd be daft to lose your priority if we did bounce straight back.

I think we'll sell a lot of tickets but the gates won't always reflect that on the day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Just for context, in 2013/14, our last season in the Championship, when we absolutely mullered the league with over 100 points, our average attendance was 24,990.

It's going to be interesting to see because obviously so much has changed in those 10 years. 

Plus it depends on the amount of away fans coming our place, match day prices being dropped, fans that haven't had easy access to tickets going down, young fans coming in etc etc. 

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

I agree having thought about this for a few days. It’s only the PL Willy pullers who won’t renew. Most fans my age are loyal, and have been supporting the team since division 1 days. Championship is disappointing, but done well we could have a very successful season there

yeah I think most will renew for now

Next year might be a different story if we have a poor season - think there would be a big drop off then

4 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It's going to be interesting to see because obviously so much has changed in those 10 years. 

Plus it depends on the amount of away fans coming our place, match day prices being dropped, fans that haven't had easy access to tickets going down, young fans coming in etc etc. 

We've never averaged over 25k outside the PL. Like you say though, we haven't been in the Championship for 10 years, so a lot may have changed. Got to factor in the cost of living crisis, and how much people will want to prioritise going to watch Rotherham and Millwall at the KP. Maybe we'll see something around 27/28k if we are doing well. But I don't see us getting anywhere near a 30k average.

24 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Southampton reduced their prices by between 5 and 30%, with an average 10% reduction I believe.  

Just looked at the Southampton prices after reading your post, the reduction seems to on average bring their prices inline with ours, adults is £499 to renew in their family stand, £400 for us, £499 to renew in their Kop, £435 for us, centre sections on east & west we are £50 to £100 more expensive 

I have renewed (and kept my season card) but I think that a number of people that have found it difficult to attend games for different reasons will stand down this year. I would guess that most members will get a ticket for next season if they want one

Im sure alot of the fans waiting for season tickets never envisaged having the privilege of getting one in the Championship!

Abit of a difference watching the likes of KDB, Salah and Alfie putting us to bed than Dean Windass' son whacking a few past us come November!

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Apologies. This is wrong. We averaged just over 29k in our 2002/03 promotion season. Maybe that was partly due to the novelty of it being our first season at the KP (then Walkers) stadium.

I seem to remember that we had quite a few sell outs that season. What also drops the gates in the Championship is that a lot of away teams don't sell their 3k allocation

6 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I seem to remember that we had quite a few sell outs that season. What also drops the gates in the Championship is that a lot of away teams don't sell their 3k allocation

In theory we could sell more home tickets though as the max we have to give away clubs is 2,000. So we could put M1 on sale to home fans.