Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

With 1 year left on his deal and us being relegated, anything north of 1 pence is tempting.

When he first game here I thought he was another great buy and I couldn’t understand why he didn’t get back in the team after his injury. Then when he went out on loan I was still in hope that he would return and prove his worth. I was wrong. What a waste of my emotional energy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supergray22 said:

When he first game here I thought he was another great buy and I couldn’t understand why he didn’t get back in the team after his injury. Then when he went out on loan I was still in hope that he would return and prove his worth. I was wrong. What a waste of my emotional energy. 

I think he did show promise, but we signed him when we already had Tielemans, Maddison and Ndidi in the middle, so he's ended up being stumped in here and there to fill gaps - never been given the chance to build rhythm in the team to have any sort of impact. Why we didn't sell him when we had offers is bizarre, but alas, such is the shite state of our board and DoF. 

I'm sure he's probably hoping that Torino will come back in for him and if they do, I imagine we'll sell. I could see him doing pretty well in the Championship however. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HeskeyForever said:

I think he did show promise, but we signed him when we already had Tielemans, Maddison and Ndidi in the middle, so he's ended up being stumped in here and there to fill gaps - never been given the chance to build rhythm in the team to have any sort of impact. Why we didn't sell him when we had offers is bizarre, but alas, such is the shite state of our board and DoF. 

I'm sure he's probably hoping that Torino will come back in for him and if they do, I imagine we'll sell. I could see him doing pretty well in the Championship however. 

Yes we just seem to lack critical thinking and often lack of belief and bravery in ourselves to ascend to better things. No complaints about Praet though as he does try and as you say has shown ability on several occasions. 

On 10/05/2023 at 13:43, moore_94 said:

No chance we get €15m for him, probably be about €5m

https://sportwitness.co.uk/club-dream-leicester-player-can-top-signing-summer-intend-send-offer-foxes/

Real Betis ‘dream’ of signing Leicester City’s Dennis Praet in the summer, according to Fichajes.net.

The midfielder has played less than 1000 minutes from 28 matches this season, which includes only six league starts.

He could consider changing clubs after this season and Leicester will ‘not resist’ his exit. This has caught the attention of European clubs, including the La Liga side.

Betis manager Manuel Pellegrini would have given the ‘green light’ for the operation as the Belgium international’s arrival can give an ‘important leap in the quality’ in the squad.

Los Verdiblancos ‘have in mind’ to table an offer of around €15m for the Leicester player as they believe this is ‘more than acceptable’.

At the moment, it’s not clear if the Spanish club have already made a firm offer to try to negotiate a deal with Leicester for Praet. However, Betis’ interest in the player could ‘lead to a negotiation’ between the two clubs in the next few weeks.

Betis believe the Leicester midfielder could be a ‘top signing’ for them.

giphy.gif

Did the best pass I've ever seen from a Leicester player in person, away at Brentford in the FA Cup.

I'm sure he's technically brilliant and looks class in training every day - but he's not at all suitable for the pace and physicality of the Premier League.

While he'd be one of the better footballers in the Championship, he would probably get beaten up every week down there.

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot

23 hours ago, nnfox said:

I thought he was a decent signing.  There's a really good footballer in there, but just another player brought in by BR and put on the scrap heap within about 2 and a half minutes of arriving.  A total waste.

Good luck to him if he moves on.  

Is there a good player in there though? He’s been injured or shit for the whole time he’s been here.

Not a great idea signing him, loaning him out and then saying he's got a role to play and not to play him.

I wonder whether or not we'll loan him out again until his contract is up.

On 16/05/2023 at 23:12, Tuna said:

Not a great idea signing him, loaning him out and then saying he's got a role to play and not to play him.

I wonder whether or not we'll loan him out again until his contract is up.

....touted as potentially better than Youri by his people, I expected he would be pushing Youri for his spot!!!

There has been little show of ambition from him and you suspect he is not someone to push himself forward, he looks for recognition in the work that he does. Well sometimes you have to sell yourself, it goes with the character we are looking for you to portray, and if you continue to hide in the shadows eventually that is where you are going to end up.

Time to see the psychologist, to understand why you choose to do the things you do, you are now in your prime years as a professional footballer, and you have not progressed in any way.

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Alex Robertson on a free to replace him

Stop it.

Would have to be on loan though, he’s on Man City’s contracted retained list.

Edited by ACF