Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

The Foxestalk Hall Of Fame!

Guest Mee-9

With things going rather south this season, I thought it's time that we bring back to good old days and reminisce about the greatest moments of Foxestalk. Foxestalk Gold. 

Many of us have been members on here for over a decade, and in that time some of us have become married, become fathers, become mothers, got divorced. Some of us sadly aren't here anymore but what and who are in the Foxestalk Hall of Fame? 

My favourite moments:

• Liamlcfc tracking the owner's helicopter all day and having us all on tenterhooks as to see who this new signing would be? Would it be the saviour Charles Aranguiz? Would it be a cheeky bid for an unheard talent that would set the world on fire? Nope, we were waiting all day watching the helicopter travel over Europe to end up going to Stansted for it's annual service. (Miss you mate! :scarf:)
  • Some bloke making a song about Paolo Sousa, it gaining traction and then being approached by Pukka Pies to make the Paolo Sousa Piri Piri Pie which tasted absolutely abysmal. 
  • The outrage when Kermorgant missed the penalty. I don't think I've ever seen the word 'frog' get used as much outside of the Herpetologist circles. 
  • Some chap asking us to vote for his nephew to become the 'New Face Of Kinder chocolate,' and the bloke then 4 pages in being accused of being a racist, and someone who started a hate campaign against 4 year old children who were nominated alongside his nephew.
  • Weekly threads this season asking whether we want Brendan Rodgers in or not. 
  • I always remember seeing the 5 a side tournament images at the end of each season. Maybe this should come back! 
  • Donating a quid for a brick on the side of the ground. Hands up if you're one of 'The Foxestalk 50?' :punk:

What do you think deserves to be in the Hall of Fame? What threads deserve to be etched on the walls of the Hall of Fame? What posts deserve to be forever commemorated in infamy for their wit, brilliance, absurdity and craziness? 

16 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

The thing is most of the 'old school' come out for the bigs games all stone island up yet when it comes to it shut themselves,I was a prominent member of the ybs when we started it up,was always us young lot Avin a row,we were game as ****,hear the young lot now are(I'm 30) and av mrs and kids and don't bother anymore,pisses me off that you get the so called old school sitting in family stand with the kids in the s.i gear,yet when push comes to shove and it's gonna kick off say 'av got me kids',that's well and fine but then don't wear the clobber to say your a lad if your a has been,most so called lads ain't even as a row,gaur enter that out of 50 lads(hate it when folk say there was 200 there today)only a dozen tops will av it,the rest **** off back to the tavern and av the cheek to say they've just 'had it'!

The correct answer imo

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9
11 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Tinder thread. RIP

Remember the Thunderbirds charachters in that? Or was I off my nut at the time?

Some inspirational blokes in that thread. 

2 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

With things going rather south this season, I thought it's time that we bring back to good old days and reminisce about the greatest moments of Foxestalk. Foxestalk Gold. 

Many of us have been members on here for over a decade, and in that time some of us have become married, become fathers, become mothers, got divorced. Some of us sadly aren't here anymore but what and who are in the Foxestalk Hall of Fame? 

My favourite moments:

• Liamlcfc tracking the owner's helicopter all day and having us all on tenterhooks as to see who this new signing would be? Would it be the saviour Charles Aranguiz? Would it be a cheeky bid for an unheard talent that would set the world on fire? Nope, we were waiting all day watching the helicopter travel over Europe to end up going to Stansted for it's annual service. (Miss you mate! :scarf:)
  • Some bloke making a song about Paolo Sousa, it gaining traction and then being approached by Pukka Pies to make the Paolo Sousa Piri Piri Pie which tasted absolutely abysmal. 
  • The outrage when Kermorgant missed the penalty. I don't think I've ever seen the word 'frog' get used as much outside of the Herpetologist circles. 
  • Some chap asking us to vote for his nephew to become the 'New Face Of Kinder chocolate,' and the bloke then 4 pages in being accused of being a racist, and someone who started a hate campaign against 4 year old children who were nominated alongside his nephew.
  • Weekly threads this season asking whether we want Brendan Rodgers in or not. 
  • I always remember seeing the 5 a side tournament images at the end of each season. Maybe this should come back! 
  • Donating a quid for a brick on the side of the ground. Hands up if you're one of 'The Foxestalk 50?' :punk:

What do you think deserves to be in the Hall of Fame? What threads deserve to be etched onthe walls of the Hall of Fame? What posts deserve to be forever commemorated in infamy for their wit, brilliance, absurdity and craziness? 

I recall that there was a crazy poster in Faces of Kinder thread thread who got mad and ended up quoting/arguing with herself in sheer confusion 😂

Edited by The Blur
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, 21st Century Fox said:

The Royal Infirmary having to print out about 100 horse eCards when we found out which ward Ken (Rincewind :cry:) was on.

I had to call and pretend to be his mate from down the pub  to find out what Ward he was on and how he was doing lol proper foxesSTALK that was.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2