Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

The Foxestalk Hall Of Fame!

2 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

When did FoxesTalk start? According to my profile I’ve been a member since June 2008, but I’m sure I remember slagging off Mandaric on here for not making Nigel Worthington the full-time manager. Maybe I imagined it.

2004 I think?

@Mark

Edited by Tuna

27 minutes ago, Mark said:

Day of the Euro 2004 final initially but not knowing what I was doing somehow managed to delete everything so we restarted a week later 11th July 2004

Thanks. Maybe I was a member and somehow screwed up and had to rejoin. Or, more likely, my memory is playing tricks. After all, there are two signs of getting old: one is you keep forgetting things… can’t remember what the other one is.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Parafox said:

Tincy. He's already been mentioned about 2 pages back. He didn't do the assaulting. He claimed he rescued a woman in Bede Park from being raped. In thanks she invited him to hers for dinner one evening and they had sex (with her consent).

What a fool I’ve been.When I read it I had an image in my head of Lamby for some unknown reason and thought there was someone else who did something odd.

Didn’t the Tincy story turn all angry?

2 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

What a fool I’ve been.When I read it I had an image in my head of Lamby for some unknown reason and thought there was someone else who did something odd.

Didn’t the Tincy story turn all angry?

He got called out by several posters and argued back that the story was true. It did get a bit hostile and I think he just dropped it in the end as he was getting pelters for it. lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Don't want to embarrass the old chap but MTWG had me in stiches.

Probably the funniest poster on FT. He's got a wonderful turn of phrase.

Not exactly my style of humour, but as someone who enjoys words I did appreciate the standard of comedic phrasing. Definitely talented there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

"Go back to Erinsborough" lol

• Haha 2

The 'Miserable Brighton Fans' thread from many years ago springs in my mind, where some young female poster (not sure if she's on this forum still) bemoaned the abuse she was getting from them..

As others have mentioned, the get well to Rincewind (RIP) thread was very touching.

Also remember when there was a Martin O'Neill is at The Belfry thread, many years ago too, and it went on for a good few days - but apparently he was just spotted there by someone and it was just a rumour many took seriously.

58 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Which transfer thread was it when the thread turned into a Corrie thread focusing on Deirdre Rashid's former exploits, which promptly got mod cleansed?

Seems as if it should have been the Deirdre Rashid Ghezzal transfer thread even if it wasn’t 

7 hours ago, Izzy said:

Literally the worst post in FT history right there.  Perfect thread for it.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

More poster-related memories.

Swear there was a thread made by FIF (remember him? Used to post quite a bit a few years ago), where he accused other posters of ganging up on him and getting him banned, and there was a fall out between a few posters for a few good pages.

El Empty and Zingari were hilarious.

Also quite liked MattP in general, but he knew he was winding others up quite a bit in the Politics threads..

Edited by Wymsey