Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

Boycott the west Ham game

On 16/05/2023 at 06:16, Rusko187 said:

Will there be a Lap of honour?

Could you even imagine staying for that. Honestly. 6:30pm on a BH Sunday and people stood their clapping millionaires who don't give a shit about the club as they pretend to show their appreciation for the most astonishingly bad season. Find something better to do.

Aren't laps of honour a waste of time now anyway? Seem to be 25 players, coaching staff, owners and 100 family members where the players spend more time chatting and playing with the kids than actually applauding the fans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Footballwipe said:

Could you even imagine staying for that. Honestly. 6:30pm on a BH Sunday and people stood their clapping millionaires who don't give a shit about the club as they pretend to show their appreciation for the most astonishingly bad season. Find something better to do.

Aren't laps of honour a waste of time now anyway? Seem to be 25 players, coaching staff, owners and 100 family members where the players spend more time chatting and playing with the kids than actually applauding the fans.

God you've just reminded me it's bank holiday. Just like when we went down to League One. Remember having a day to wonder how I'd respond to all the Forest fans at school in Nottingham. 15 years on it'll be the same at work 😂

On 16/05/2023 at 01:19, HybridFox said:

Naturally this might happen if we lose to Newcastle. Will be plenty of empty seats 

Its a BH Weekend, was always a rubbish choice anyway, if we're down I'm sure lots of people will think, I'll do something with my long weekend rather than watch us get mullered at home in the middle of ot when we will already be consigned to trips to Ipswich & Plymouth, Sunderland etc.

• Like 1

As a supporter of Leicester City since the mid-50's and a season ticket holder for the past 20 years I cannot bring myself to attend the final game should our relegation be confirmed beforehand.

I have witnessed the highs and lows throughout the years but have never seen such a gutless lot of players as the current squad (with the odd exception).

They deserve to play in front of an empty stadium as it certainly wouldn't bother them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

If we're already down then there's absolutely no way I will bother with this (unless the previously suggested Game of Thrones style flinging  faeces is an option).

Regarding the faeces flinging, it's 'bring your own'..... The club won't be supplying any !

• Haha 1

On 16/05/2023 at 09:43, Lako42 said:

The whole season has been tinpot from the fans. 

Even the chants against the manager and team have been half arsed compared to most clubs. 

The clapping the lads off at the end has more backers. 

It's also why I won't be there against WH because any supposed 'protest' 'make your feelings known' will be lacklustre as everyone sits there deflated and empty. 

An empty stadium, on this occasion, makes feeling known imo (as long as we are down obviously) 

I'm inclined to agree, but to play devil's advocate a bit - don't you think that's more out of the love for Top and what's happened under him?

I think if we'd got a Milan Mandaric or Forests Greek bloke kind of owner the protests would have been much more venomous. 

With that said, I think Top is close to becoming very unpopular now and I can see the protests getting a lot worse in future. 

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

I'd go and just be doing this:

Angry Stadium Man Stadium GIF - Angry Stadium Man Stadium Angry GIFs

On 15/05/2023 at 22:42, Matt said:

Anyone not going put it on the resale platform.

It won’t sell but it’s a protest before a protest if you like. A statement of intent.

A sarcastic pisstake back at them. It’ll also get them wincing and uncomfortable.

If the powers that be felt disappointed, embarrassed and uncomfortable with only quarter of the ground stopping behind at the last game of the 17/18 season, they ain’t seen nothing yet.

It probably will sell!

My mate put his on for resale after Mondays game. I put my seat next to his on yesterday lunchtime and both went within half an hour! 

I'm relaxed about it. Could've taken my 6 yr old son instead but he'd be bored and the atmosphere could become quite toxic. Instead we can enjoy the bank holiday weekend as a family and avoid any more depressing football.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It's weird really because I just cannot visualise celebrating staying up with this group of players. If we did it by some miracle, I'm almost so mentally prepared to go down I'm not even sure I'd go nuts. This whole scenario just feels strange.

I think you will find if by some miracle we stay up, you will actually go insanely nuts. I hope we get to find out

3 hours ago, Gazza3 said:

We can't be relegated before this match now so will have to attend to do my bit. May leave early if results go against us.

Why? As unlikely as it seems we might score two late goals to win whilst the other two lose. Unlikely I know, but imagine how you would feel if you missed that

Just now, Harpenden Fox said:

Why? As unlikely as it seems we might score two late goals to win whilst the other two lose. Unlikely I know, but imagine how you would feel if you missed that

Only at the KP would around 3 or 4k start to leave at 85 mins to get home for Matt Baker and countryfile, rather  than will us on to safety. 

Bring back hanging. 

On 16/05/2023 at 05:58, Bert said:

Yet the sad thing is, for every fan that does this there will be a customer that fills that void. 

...that is true!!!

This regime has never had the disgust of a fanbase in their face and it is the only way to hold up a mirror for them to acknowledge what has transpired.

How do you think Khun Top would cope with a baying crowd eager for change and his head?

There would be an instant reaction, either by going into full denial, and blaming all and sundry or KP would have him removed.

They have had an easy ride through this, it is time to turn the heat up, gas mark 10!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Thanks 1

There is no doubt if we survive there will be a huge celebration. A total dropping of standards and ridiculous underachievement but in that moment the crowd will go wild, no question about it.

• Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

There is no doubt if we survive there will be a huge celebration. A total dropping of standards and ridiculous underachievement but in that moment the crowd will go wild, no question about it.

I have sat through defeat, after draw, after defeat, after defeat. If we do this, i'm going nuts.

But, the second i stop going nuts all eyes on the club to fully explain how we got in this miss and what they are going to do to sort it. No happy clappy isn't this wonderful nonsense. We should never have been near this situation. 

• Like 1