Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

6 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Why are we selling? This board have a hell of making up to do do already without selling all our best players. If they don’t get this season right, it will turn very toxic, very quickly. 

...perhaps the best time to sell!!!

With two more years to go on his contract, it is about the right time to offload, if we wish not to have players running down their contracts. There are quality LW out there at very good prices, lower than what we would get for Barnes.

Rudkin or Whelan should have been on top of this financial drain, with contracts not buying re-signed, but Khun Top should have been the safety net to ask the question, why have we not extended an individual's contract?

It seems all of them accepted the situation, which is why Khun Top needs to be at the club permanently, to oversee the efficient running of this football club.

Was talking to my mate who’s a buyer for City and the talk inside the club is Barnes will be one of the first two to go, it’s just a matter of transfer fee. Backs up what I said previously that he had asked to leave twice before. Don’t have any ill feeling toward the lad, but let’s get it over the line and move on. As people have said there are plenty of quality wingers out there

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SB87_LCFC said:

Was talking to my mate who’s a buyer for City and the talk inside the club is Barnes will be one of the first two to go, it’s just a matter of transfer fee. Backs up what I said previously that he had asked to leave twice before. Don’t have any ill feeling toward the lad, but let’s get it over the line and move on. As people have said there are plenty of quality wingers out there

Does he buy clappers?

12 minutes ago, SB87_LCFC said:

Can the club find them though? 

Gray, Dyer, Lawrence, Musa, Diabate, Ghezzal, Perez, Under, Lookman, Tete 

10 wingers we've signed over the last few years, with hardly any success 

On 03/06/2023 at 12:38, AmarteyAndChill said:

Why are we selling? This board have a hell of making up to do do already without selling all our best players. If they don’t get this season right, it will turn very toxic, very quickly. 

lol.... i hope this is a joke message. You  do realise LCFC have been relegated and will have no funds to keep our best players.

42 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

You mean Nathan Dyer I’m guessing. I think as a squad player that season, he was a sensible signing but nobody saw what was coming, most notably our recruitment department. 

We haven’t found the right fit for us absolutely not, none of the above have ever been anywhere near Mahrez’ level, I’d even go as far to say Knockaerts when we were in the championship too. 

if we can get rid of a certain DOF who’s out of his depth, maybe some of the players recommended May get looked at more closely. 

43 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We've had 1 good winger in 6 years and he's our own youth product. 

We've signed 1 good Premier League winger and 1 good Championship winger in the entire time we've had our current ownership / recruitment model. 

I’m not disagreeing at all, but I’m sure we can find the right one

If we are serious about getting promoted at the first attempt we should do all we can to keep Barnes. We can’t just expect to get promoted with a whole new team. If he is desperate to leave however then fair enough but unless he really hates the place what’s he gonna gain by signing for a team like Villa? 

3 hours ago, SB87_LCFC said:

...does that mean we go back in for Lookman or is he now out of our price bracket!!!

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...does that mean we go back in for Lookman or is he now out of our price bracket!!!

It’s a shame we didn’t manage to get him permanently last season. I don’t know what his value would be now though but it can’t be a lot 

I'd be really sad to see Barnes go. I know he has his critics on here but he's a high-risk player. He tries things, he's brave and he knows what he's good at. He doesn't dribble but running on to the ball he's fantastic. The goals against Villa and West Ham in the run-in are typical examples of what Barnes is good at. With the right coach, he'll be a significant contributor in a very, very good team.

6 minutes ago, SB87_LCFC said:

It’s a shame we didn’t manage to get him permanently last season. I don’t know what his value would be now though but it can’t be a lot 

13 goals and 6 assists for Europa League qualified Atalanta. 3 years remaining on his current contract. It'd be way too much for us. And besides, he's way too good to be slumming it in Championship anyway.

Great output in the Prem and not many wingers matching his numbers, so should fetch a hefty fee. He does go missing at times and is incapable/unwilling to take his man on down the line, but is brilliant at finding space after a give and go.

If Whelan can negotiate £60-70m for him to fund a rebuild then would wave him off and wouldn’t be too upset.

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

...Musa, and Perez were not wingers!!!

Under was poor on the right, but was a more than adequate stand-in for Barnes. Ghezzal, and Under are carving out good careers in another league, Tete for me needs to be a better coach, but the rest were a failure in that position. Why we are so poor in bringing in a Right Winger who can work for us I do not know.

Nestory Irankunda may be an option, would put bums on seats and be a breath of fresh air to develop in the Championship and hit the Premier League running.

27 minutes ago, SB87_LCFC said:

...his price on Transfer Market is 30m Euros, which is 3 times the amount (according to TM) than when he left us!!!

23 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I'd be really sad to see Barnes go. I know he has his critics on here but he's a high-risk player. He tries things, he's brave and he knows what he's good at.

...nothing brave about Barnes, he does not try things, if he cannot beat his man he gives up on himself!!!

He seems to play better with Nacho who allows him the opportunity to play a give-and-go, the only way he can get by the defender. In certain situations, he looks very good but those situations have to happen on a regular basis, as he drifts out of games too easily.

He would be a different kettle of fish centrally in the #10 role or as a second striker.

25 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Musa, and Perez were not wingers!!!

Under was poor on the right, but was a more than adequate stand-in for Barnes. Ghezzal, and Under are carving out good careers in another league, Tete for me needs to be a better coach, but the rest were a failure in that position. Why we are so poor in bringing in a Right Winger who can work for us I do not know.

Nestory Irankunda may be an option, would put bums on seats and be a breath of fresh air to develop in the Championship and hit the Premier League running.

I mean, we played them on the wing though (sometimes) so the club/managers obviously thought they were