Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

27 minutes ago, jerry said:

According to Agbonlahor Villa will delight in taking him for £25 mil as part of the club's fire sale . What figure would you put on Barnes as being realistic ?

I'm not a huge fan of Barnes, find him frustrating.  That aside, you'd think £40m with English tax built in should be achievable despite the drop.

30 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

We will want £40m and won’t go cheap both him and Maddison could start preseason as it’s clear we will not sell cheap…both are English, young and under contract so don’t expect any quick moves……..going to be a long long summer and unsettled first month of the season…

It depends though. The club may see it (rightly or wrongly) as better to get them sold as soon as possible even if it means they end up receiving a little bit less. They may think it is better to get money in as soon as possible to plug the holes left by the loss in revenue and to be able to reinvest into the squad quickly and not have an ongoing saga over the next ten weeks. 

They need to maximise the assets. End of the day Barnes has 2 years left, I don't think his wages is one of the highest. 25 million ain't worth selling, may as well keep him, let him rip the Championship apart and get straight back up claiming the 150 million promotion brings. Mediocre Championship players are selling for 10-15 million these days. 

I'd tell clubs to piss off, we'd be as well holding on to players if people are coming in with low bids especially if it Saudi FC. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

It depends though. The club may see it (rightly or wrongly) as better to get them sold as soon as possible even if it means they end up receiving a little bit less. They may think it is better to get money in as soon as possible to plug the holes left by the loss in revenue and to be able to reinvest into the squad quickly and not have an ongoing saga over the next ten weeks. 

Really annoying when the likes of Agbonlahor can gloat and say we will have your best players on the cheap. Villa biggest club in the Midlands , well they have just qualified for the Conference League  🙄

On 29/05/2023 at 15:50, Old Fox said:

Anyone who doesn’t want to be part of the rebuild should go — it will be surprising which players believe they are too good for champs — I think KDH and JJ will seek a move….watch this space …..none of em are that important so they can all go for me and we start again …..not expecting an instant return as I think the damage runs deeper than a few transfers 

...I think far too many assumptions are being made at the moment!!!

Rodgers's remarks about players thinking that they are too good for this club were all deflection so far as I can see. There are genuine players in this club, who have been subjected to Rodgers for too long and his psychological warfare against the club's hierarchy.

His numbers would put him at £40m. If there's 3 or 4 interested in him, someone will pay. Same applies to Maddison. That's just logic. Even if it drags on there's about 20 pitches at Seagrave where they can train alone until it's settled.

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Admittedly he does perform via stats each season.

But he has 0 tactical awareness, I find Harvey so frustrating to watch, he genuinely has the ability to be one of the best wingers in the prem, he just doesn’t have the brain to go with the ability.

Have always thought the same..

has never linked well with any of our fullbacks..

takes up poor positions..

goes missing for long periods..

but, with the right manager/coach there is a 20 goal a season player in there..

mad isnt it 

4 minutes ago, Rigga said:

mad isnt it 

100%, his reaction times are awful. Seems to take him 2-3 seconds to realise what he needs to do, by then your man has gone past you or you’ve lost the ball.

his first touch is horrendous & his postioning in both phases of the game are awful.

But he delivers and that’s why he’s a key player to the team and worth his chunk in gold.

I get more frustrated with Harvey because of what he could be rather than what he is.

• Like 4

On 30/05/2023 at 11:54, Blanchflower78 said:

I'm not a huge fan of Barnes, find him frustrating.  That aside, you'd think £40m with English tax built in should be achievable despite the drop.

you do realize he was our top scorer last season dont you?  

that along makes him a quality winger. 13 goals for a winger is a great return.

Edited by MPH

People saying they don’t rate Barnes is a Mystery to me.

he was our top scorer last season with 13 goals. For a winger, in a relegated team, that’s a brilliant return.

he scored more goals than Nacho, Daka and Vardy combined.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rigga said:

mad isnt it 

That happens to nearly all wingers and almost none of them produce on the level of Barnes.

People want Barnes to be a unicorn of a player— what you want Barnes to be doesn’t exist. 

Edited by The_77

It’s great that 4-5 clubs are interested in him- sell to the highest bidder!!

it also  makes the criticism of him look more reactionary and hyperbolic in nature when we see so many other clubs want him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

Didn't Everton pay £20m+ for relegated Dwight McNeil who had 0 goals + 1 assists that season? 

Barnes is worth at least double that, 30m would be ridiculously low for someone with his returns

...the biggest surprise with Barnes is the numbers he posts every season!!!

With the naked eye, you do not see him dominating games taking any initiative and single-handedly winning games, but he gets his numbers of goals and assists.

He struggles to beat his man, and if you can match him he is at a loss of what to do, he drifts out of games constantly and his only way of getting around his defender is a one-two which gets him in.

He is an enigma, what you see throughout the season, is never reflected in his figures.