Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

31 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Be absolutely epic if Barnes stays, imagine him in the championship 😲

He tore the Championship a new one 4 years ago at West Brom, which is why he was brought back to the club early in January of the same season. He was the best player in the entire division and everyone knew it. And that was when he was way less experienced.

I can't see him staying though, he's coming into the prime of his career and is proven at Premier League level. There is a reason why clubs are interested in him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

He looks half arsed at times in the prem - dread to think how that will translate to a league lower ….

Can't believe I'm dignifying that remark with a response but please have a word with yourself.

Utter sack sniffers in here. Bloody hell. Harvey is worth at least £75 million all day long. Better numbers than Grealish most seasons, younger, English. Honestly. The lad will only get better.  We’ll start the bidding at £50 million. 

That is how you do it lads. You do not start off by saying you’d take £30 million for him. Honestly. 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Utter sack sniffers in here. Bloody hell. Harvey is worth at least £75 million all day long. Better numbers than Grealish most seasons, younger, English. Honestly. The lad will only get better.  We’ll start the bidding at £50 million. 

That is how you do it lads. You do not start off by saying you’d take £30 million for him. Honestly. 

Transfer record for a Championship player is about £38m. I think £45m and similar for Maddison is what we'll end up with.

For me if we want to bounce back next year we need to keep Harvey. If and when we lose Madders where are the goals going to come from - some new player like tete we pin our hopes on?

Id think keeping him for another season might well be a better bet than selling?

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Transfer record for a Championship player is about £38m. I think £45m and similar for Maddison is what we'll end up with.

For maddison yes I think if we don't get offered 50 + for Barnes we keep him and tell him we will let him go next year if we don't get promoted

7 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

For maddison yes I think if we don't get offered 50 + for Barnes we keep him and tell him we will let him go next year if we don't get promoted

Maddison is staying as he just publicly stated that we must all stick together. Right James??????

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You’ve just raised his price Ric. £80 million now you bell sniffer. This isn’t location location location. 😎

Edited by ARM1968
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I’m referring to how he looks during games …… he often seems distracted and lacking concentration.  Do you not agree?

It was the way you worded it mate, but yeah most players even the very best look a bit languid and disinterested a lot of the time. His numbers don't lie, an English winger who scored goals in the top league and Europe is something most teams would die for.

14 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

He tore the Championship a new one 4 years ago at West Brom, which is why he was brought back to the club early in January of the same season. He was the best player in the entire division and everyone knew it. And that was when he was way less experienced.

I can't see him staying though, he's coming into the prime of his career and is proven at Premier League level. There is a reason why clubs are interested in him.

Pukki was the best player in the Championship then.

Barnes was good but didn’t tear the division “a new one”.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Why are we selling? This board have a hell of making up to do do already without selling all our best players. If they don’t get this season right, it will turn very toxic, very quickly. 

I think there are two reasons why we are selling 

a) we are assuming that we need to raise the best part of £100m and he will be a fair chunk of that 

b) word is that he wasn’t interested in extending his stay here behind summer 25 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Pukki was the best player in the Championship then.

Barnes was good but didn’t tear the division “a new one”.

Maybe not the best player in the Championship but 9 goals and 7 assists in 26 games at 19 was pretty impressive.

14 hours ago, Nick said:

For me if we want to bounce back next year we need to keep Harvey. If and when we lose Madders where are the goals going to come from - some new player like tete we pin our hopes on?

Id think keeping him for another season might well be a better bet than selling?

George Hirst and Nicky Maynard. 

From Rudkin Sorry Harvey , we are chopping your pay in half , needs must you know. Barnes :  That's all right Rudders , Money means nothing to me. Looking forward to Rotherham away on a wet Wednesday. Sorts the men from the boys that does you know.

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe not the best player in the Championship but 9 goals and 7 assists in 26 games at 19 was pretty impressive.

It was, and I didn't say otherwise, but the post referring to him being the best player in the division is false.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Due to contract length I reckon Barnes will go for more money than Maddison. I fancy £50 million for Barnes and about £40-45 for Maddison. 

That'd be very nice but i suspect a quality scout with nous pretty much like the more intelligent LCFC supporters would recognize his very limited and predictable ability.

Lookman was by far our best left winger (check YouTube if memory short) and he was £15M

Barnes is better than he has been since his long injury (and new contract) and maybe a better manager will get more out of him, but not worth the £100K PW (70 + add-ons) we pay him or anything like £50m sadly

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Due to contract length I reckon Barnes will go for more money than Maddison. I fancy £50 million for Barnes and about £40-45 for Maddison. 

Think the fact we are in the Championship will mean if we get £80m for the pair we have done well. :(

5 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

That'd be very nice but i suspect a quality scout with nous pretty much like the more intelligent LCFC supporters would recognize his very limited and predictable ability.

Lookman was by far our best left winger (check YouTube if memory short) and he was £15M

Barnes is better than he has been since his long injury (and new contract) and maybe a better manager will get more out of him, but not worth the £100K PW (70 + add-ons) we pay him or anything like £50m sadly

When you players like Anthony Gordon move for £45M on the back of about 5 good games in the Prem in his whole career there is absolutely no reason we shouldn't be trying to get similar for Barnes even if we have been relegated.

Also interesting that not one team in England bothered to go for Lookman for just £15m yet Barnes is very likely to join a big club?

• Like 3