Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

10 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

you must be crazy! £30m is the absolute minimum.

My previous post, was meant for this!

He is obviously worth more than £30m, but the clubs valuation does not always get met.

Some people are saying we will sell for £60m are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Just now, Wortho said:

He is obviously worth more than £30m, but the clubs valuation does not always get met.

There is absolutely no way he goes for less than £30 mill. Even under this leadership. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Likely to be sold for £35m plus some incentives is what I would imagine. 

I’d expect a minimum of 40m rising to 45-50 given what Newcastle paid for that clown from Everton.

Harvey is proven for goals and assists in the Premier League and Europe, he’s English and has a very good injury record. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jv1 said:

jesus - whats going on here - we arent skint and he is under contract- £50m minimum or let him get us back up next year- no way we have a fire sale here - not our style

We don’t have half as much bargaining power as we used to, though. 

We don't really need it.

We're not going to sell for some of the fees you guys keep throwing out. However I'm not sure how big the demand is for Barnes. He might be low priority and therefore either we get late bids or lowballed. But then we just don't sell.

24 minutes ago, Bert said:

We don’t have half as much bargaining power as we used to, though. 

agree to some extent but barnes isnt going to kick up a fuss or strike so not sure our position changes that much- we dont 'need' the money as such- we are all aware that quite a few of our lot will want to play top league football and im sure he is one but I still dont think we will let them walk away for less than market value and he is worth £50m easy in todays market- I think anyone knocking on the door offering stupid money for our players no matter if they want away or not will be swiftly told to do one- thats me taking it for granted we have semi capable people in charge of our transfers which is probably the biggest problem with my argument

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jv1 said:

agree to some extent but barnes isnt going to kick up a fuss or strike so not sure our position changes that much- we dont 'need' the money as such- we are all aware that quite a few of our lot will want to play top league football and im sure he is one but I still dont think we will let them walk away for less than market value and he is worth £50m easy in todays market- I think anyone knocking on the door offering stupid money for our players no matter if they want away or not will be swiftly told to do one- thats me taking it for granted we have semi capable people in charge of our transfers which is probably the biggest problem with my argument

You’d like to think not but we can’t be totally sure on that. Once a players head has been turned which with someone of Barnes quality, if a club can offer Premier league & European football, which opens the path up to England again, along with more money can very easily be done. Add in to the fact that if he says he doesn’t want to be here, then do we want him? It’s all conjecture at the minute of course but personally I would be surprised if he stays. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, FOXYTALK said:

Unfortunately there is no cut off points when bids are made for a player. It would difficult to agree and possibly put off interested parties. Would you turn down a bid of 60 million if it came in late?

...you would take it, but the ultimatum that you put in place, has then forced them to raise their bid and cemented the deal!!!

It only takes one club to put something like this into place for other clubs to fall into line. Big clubs believe they can dictate everything in this league,  if you want our player, pay up or move on.

Is it possible to loan to a premier league club, then if we come back straight up with still got Barnes. Win, win for Barnes, stays in the premier league and has a small chance of making into the England team ahead of the euro's. Don't know if agreement could be settled, where if Leicester don't get promoted Barnes could be allowed leave for a cut price. £30 million now or offer an loan deal where if Leicester fail to get promoted in May 2014. Then his price tag is reduced to £15million for the club he's on loan with.. for if they want to purchase him. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Is it possible to loan to a premier league club, then if we come back straight up with still got Barnes. Win, win for Barnes, stays in the premier league and has a small chance of making into the England team ahead of the euro's. Don't know if agreement could be settled, where if Leicester don't get promoted Barnes could be allowed leave for a cut price. £30 million now or offer an loan deal where if Leicester fail to get promoted in May 2014. Then his price tag is reduced to £15million for the club he's on loan with.. for if they want to purchase him. 

If you loan him you lose the value that you could reinvest in the squad that would better the chance of promotion though.

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

That just sounds like it serves Barnes and the buying club and not us? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

See Marcus Bent...one season on loan 2003-04 from just relegated Ipswich Town

Edited by Steve Earle
addition