Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

On 08/06/2023 at 16:07, Dan LCFC said:

You might be mixing them up with Villa. West Ham have been matching us not far off really in the last three years.

It is quite galling though that one bad season and the likes of Villa are swooping in for our players. Villa hadn't finished above us since 2014.

Wasn’t just a bad season though, it was a disaster, getting used to being in the Championship will take some doing and losing our players to Premier teams is galling but expected.

Its going to be difficult seeing some of the players who took us down plying their trade in the Premier League.

I have little respect for most of the players and hope they struggle and fingers crossed we swap places with them next season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Wasn’t just a bad season though, it was a disaster, getting used to being in the Championship will take some doing and losing our players to Premier teams is galling but expected.

Its going to be difficult seeing some of the players who took us down plying their trade in the Premier League.

I have little respect for most of the players and hope they struggle and fingers crossed we swap places with them next season

So, we buy them back then when they leave their clubs? Lol

• Haha 1

Personally I'd love him to stay but I'm a realist and so I have to accept he will be sold, hopefully we ask for about £80 million but wouldn't be surprised if it's half of that and it comes back to bite us in the arse later. 

2 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Personally I'd love him to stay but I'm a realist and so I have to accept he will be sold, hopefully we ask for about £80 million but wouldn't be surprised if it's half of that and it comes back to bite us in the arse later. 

There's no way we'll asking for £80m. We'll ask for £40m and probably get £30m tops. 

35 minutes ago, Collymore said:

There's no way we'll asking for £80m. We'll ask for £40m and probably get £30m tops. 

please explain why we’d accept 30m. 

If we keep him for one more year we could still sell him for at least 15m… someone like chair would cost us 10m. 

So you’re telling me it’s worth selling him to gain 5m? nonsense. 

With 2 years on his deal if we don’t get at least 45 we are better off keeping him 

• Like 3

This, along with most, depends on the player. If Barnes is happy to stay here, we can ask the earth for him. But if. Newcastle, Villa West Ham etc come in and he can play in Europe and stay in the prem, probably get paid more, then I wouldn't be surprised if he politely asked to go. I can't see him kicking off and refusing to play, but what's the point of having any sulking players who would rather be in a higher league or elsewhere than fighting for us?? We have to be careful we have a squad of hungry players here next year.

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

please explain why we’d accept 30m. 

If we keep him for one more year we could still sell him for at least 15m… someone like chair would cost us 10m. 

So you’re telling me it’s worth selling him to gain 5m? nonsense. 

With 2 years on his deal if we don’t get at least 45 we are better off keeping him 

I imagine we would accept a 30-40m figure if the player wants to move to help fund new signings.

The exit of the recent seven helps monthly cash flow / with reduced wages but we need cash to pay transfer fees and we won’t want to have to wait weeks into the window in the hope we can add an extra 5-10m to a bid that may never come in. 

Edited by JimmyC74

Anthony Gordon went for how much? 

Barnes scored more than some Premier League Strikers last season. He isn't going anywhere for less than £50m and that's the lowest figure.. 

• Like 4

Just now, Ashley said:

Barnes scored more than some Premier League Strikers last season. He isn't going anywhere for less than £50m and that's the lowest figure.. 

very please to read this. Anything less would be an awesome deal for any buyer. 

35 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

He's got a contract, so enforce it and let him know the quickest route back to the Premier League is with us.....Unless we get an offer of 'X'. For me, we absolutely have to keep Barnes to get promoted next year, he's capable of 10 goals a season out of nothing in the Premier League, you have to think he could push 20 in the Championship.

We could get 40-50 goals out of Barnes and Iheanacho, they could fire us to promotion, we have to prioritise keeping them. Getting rid of Maddison/Castagne/Ricardo are a necessity in ensuring that happens. 

Is the quickest route back with us? Or is it a move in the summer? 

We need him more than he needs us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Is the quickest route back with us? Or is it a move in the summer? 

We need him more than he needs us. 

He has a two year contract, if we tell him he can't leave during the contract, as I wrote above, then how does he get back to the Premier League quicker than with us getting promoted next season?

We need players who are committed to the cause and want to be at Leicester. The championship can be an unforgiving league at the best of times. What last season should have taught us all, keeping players too long and keeping hold of players who have mentally checked out can have catastrophic consequences, therefore in most instances we need to cash in and move on. Barnes has his flaws but his goals/assists contributions are excellent and I really cannot see a player of his undoubted talent happy to wallow around in the championship. He is pretty much hitting his prime, a decent move and good start to the season and he could be back in the England reckoning. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ashley said:

This would be true, if we were still in the prem. Clubs will not pay that, especially when they know they’ll be able to easily turn his head as well. £30-£35m in my opinion. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

We need players who are committed to the cause and want to be at Leicester. The championship can be an unforgiving league at the best of times. What last season should have taught us all, keeping players too long and keeping hold of players who have mentally checked out can have catastrophic consequences, therefore in most instances we need to cash in and move on. Barnes has his flaws but his goals/assists contributions are excellent and I really cannot see a player of his undoubted talent happy to wallow around in the championship. He is pretty much hitting his prime, a decent move and good start to the season and he could be back in the England reckoning. 

On the flip side, if we had told fofana to do one he’s staying like Brighton did with their player we wouldn’t have to play some rubbish defenders instead and might not have got relegated 

6 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

He has a two year contract, if we tell him he can't leave during the contract, as I wrote above, then how does he get back to the Premier League quicker than with us getting promoted next season?

So you want a totally unhappy player who doesn't want to be here, on a fairly hefty wage, just occupying space in the team? 

• Like 1