Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

1 hour ago, Finn Claw II said:

No way we are loaning KDH out.  He won’t be on a massive wedge.  I could see him and Justin going back to Luton but only as a sale.

Neither will be going back there, I am pretty confident of that. They won't be able to afford their wages for a start. 

Saint Maximin has fell out of favour at Newcastle. They'll be in for him and should offer Gordon money.

Edit* I appear to be repeating what I've said earlier in the thread.

Edited by JimJams

1 hour ago, JimmyC74 said:

He has 2 yrs left on his contract unsure if he has a relegation clause but realistically chances are he will be sold.

we have just posted £92m loss, in championship losses must not exceed 39m over 3 yrs and we will lose 2/3 commercial revs following relegation.  

True. 2025 looks a lot shorter for an expiry date when you see Barnes instead of Ward... We really need to come straight back up otherwise as the figures you put there show it could get even worse.

10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Would love to keep him personally 

So would I because I really rate Barnes as a Mo Salah type player.

We have to sell though, he will be in demand and has two years left on his contract. 25yo means he's at peak value, we'll need the money and proven Prem quality players in demand won't want to be a year in the Championship especially at 25.

I remember Jack Butland being ahead of Pickford for England and he got relegated at Stoke at 25 and stayed there for whatever reason. He's now 30 and his career has been virtually anonymous for the last five years at Stoke and now a back up Prem GK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Keep or cash in, we shouldn't be holding onto players in the expectation we will be back this time next year. Cut your cloth accordingly.

And yet if we get rid of every single player capable of playing in the prem we might find ourselves in another whole in 12 months time. Loaning him out mean we don’t have to pay his wages but we dont have to buy in his position if we get promoted…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

And yet if we get rid of every single player capable of playing in the prem we might find ourselves in another whole in 12 months time. Loaning him out mean we don’t have to pay his wages but we dont have to buy in his position if we get promoted…

His wages are going to get reduced anyway

Loaning him out would probably only get us a few million loan fee at most, but then we would still probably have to spend more than that to replace him

It wouldn't make much sense really

50 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

His wages are going to get reduced anyway

Loaning him out would probably only get us a few million loan fee at most, but then we would still probably have to spend more than that to replace him

It wouldn't make much sense really

Well if there is one position we can shed a few players from it’s CM..

7 hours ago, Rigga said:

As many goals as Barnes us scored this season , he plays most of the time like a headless chicken… no awareness of spaces/pockets to run into…

not a Brighton type player at all imo..

He literally did that yesterday lol 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MPH said:

well the plan would be to stop him handing in a transfer request and to help him keep progressing in a prem team ready for when we get promoted(!!) and to not have to pay his prem wages.  So it would be all for  selfish reasons.  

I'd eat my own arms off if KDH handed in a transfer request. 

He seems far too professional for that, not to mention it would just be a terrible career move. If he stays he'll be first choice in midfield next year for a club I think it's still reasonable to say are in a position to recover to go back to being one of the, maybe, top ten wealthiest in the country. 

You think he's going to throw that away for Luton's one season in the Prem because he had a loan there once? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd eat my own arms off if KDH handed in a transfer request. 

He seems far too professional for that, not to mention it would just be a terrible career move. If he stays he'll be first choice in midfield next year for a club I think it's still reasonable to say are in a position to recover to go back to being one of the, maybe, top ten wealthiest in the country. 

You think he's going to throw that away for Luton's one season in the Prem because he had a loan there once? 

ok so I’m perhaps not explaining myself properly… he might want to stay in the prem and might hand in a transfer request… ( this is all just discussing of course on not saying he’s nailed on to hand in a request)I’m not saying he would do that to go to Luton, I’m saying, possibly, one way of  keeping him is to offer him a loan move to a prem team for a season to give us the chance to get back into the prem. He has fond memories of his time at Luton so it would make sense if it was there considering we’d only want him to go for a season.

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

ok so I’m perhaps not explaining myself properly… he might want to stay in the prem and might hand in a transfer request… ( this is all just discussing of course on not saying he’s nailed on to hand in a request)I’m not saying he would do that to go to Luton, I’m saying, possibly, one way of  keeping him is to offer him a loan move to a prem team for a season to give us the chance to get back into the prem. He has fond memories of his time at Luton so it would make sense if it was there considering we’d only want him to go for a season.

Personally if any and I mean any of them want to go let them …..we need and deserve better than half hearted ego chasing failures……..I like you have suggested have heard that KDH wants out…..if that’s how he repays the club that gave him his start when in all honesty he has hardly set the world alight then let him go

46 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He literally did that yesterday lol 

Correct he did..

it’s a strange one with Barnes..

struggles working back..

he has never linked well with any of our full backs..

has numerous games where he is non existent 

then pops up with a dozen gls 

He is still far from the finished article and in the right team, I’m sure he gets 15/20 goals..

5 hours ago, MPH said:

It would totally serve our purpose to retain KDH but allow him to progress in the premier league  whilst earning a tidy little loan fee for him.

Can’t see it with KDH. Usually this would be for a player who is on too high wages but the club wants to bring back into the squad if/when promoted again. KDH would be integral to the championship season and actually could do with a good season down there to get his confidence back. Would be more damaging if he got sparked at Luton week in week out!

36 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Can’t see it with KDH. Usually this would be for a player who is on too high wages but the club wants to bring back into the squad if/when promoted again. KDH would be integral to the championship season and actually could do with a good season down there to get his confidence back. Would be more damaging if he got sparked at Luton week in week out!

and these are fair points.

I just know if there’s one position we have options in, it’s CM. If we can get rid of Ndidi, Mendy and/ or Choudhry then definitely keep  KDH. But, in the championship, we can probably only  afford to keep 2 of those 4. Need a creative spark in the middle if losing Tielemans.

Barnes will 100% be gone this summer. Have it on good authority he wanted to go in January and the January previous due to a breakdown in relationship with Rodgers and his England ambitions.

The feeling is it’s a matter of how much but Villa are in pole position due to location with West Ham also sniffing. £50m is about the average fee these days, I think for all parties concerned it would be best. 

Talented lad, but mismanaged like so many others who we are going to see the back of this summer.

• Like 1

I expect Barnes to go this Summer if the price is right. If it wasn't for his Goals he offers very little else.

I think we can do better for a fraction of the Cost with a new hungry player on the way up. There's plenty out there.

• Like 1

Barnes hasn't really developed in the past 2 season, and I think his numbers don't quite paint the picture of the reality - he's a very frustrating player and we need more constancy. Whilst it's always a shame to see a local lad leave, if we get £35m+ for him, we should take it. Villa seems the obvious fit for both parties.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

It's Newcastle and Villa. Newcastle only ones yet to make interest clear. His missus wants to stay near Brum. Suspect this will come down to whether Villa are genuinely keen and prepared to pay whatever we'd want. 

According to Agbonlahor Villa will delight in taking him for £25 mil as part of the club's fire sale . What figure would you put on Barnes as being realistic ?

We will want £40m and won’t go cheap both him and Maddison could start preseason as it’s clear we will not sell cheap…both are English, young and under contract so don’t expect any quick moves……..going to be a long long summer and unsettled first month of the season…

3 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

We will want £40m and won’t go cheap both him and Maddison could start preseason as it’s clear we will not sell cheap…both are English, young and under contract so don’t expect any quick moves……..going to be a long long summer and unsettled first month of the season

Edited by lcfc278
Sorry misread the post