Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

It could be like 07-08 where a gutless team with no identity or ability to score went down, was dismantled in the summer and a new manager came in to conduct an almighty rebuild.

Previously failing players (Fryatt) stepped up to score for fun, the transfer business was smart, the dead wood was offloaded. A team that was one of the easiest to beat in the Championship put together a 23 game unbeaten run in League One and picked up 96 points before being just a penalty kick from Wembley the following season and attracting a certain Thai family to invest in the process.

It was also the last season a smaller club from Nottingham were in the division above us.

Can definitely see this as one of the scenarios. It could go either way. What I will say, the club need to be proactive. There is a lot of (rightly so) anger and the fans need something to look forward/hold onto. A good manager appointment followed by two or three good signings, fans, us idiots will be up for a Championship tour. 

if we do it right, we could go up 6/7 academy players as genuine first teamers, potentially PL players - big if

2 hours ago, Bert said:

It’ll be one of us on the Friday for sure. And like you say there will be a Saturday game too. 

Plymouth at home my guess

In theory we should be away first match so we don't clash with the carnival. However, that didn't happen this season. If we are at home then it would have to be Friday or Sunday.

The championship will be stuffed full of big city clubs next year most of whom will fancy their chances , so its going to be a battle from day one. No fancy pants , you tube stars or seven stone weaklings will be required. This could be the year when Wout comes into his own but he will get plenty of cards.

Usually 90 plus points for automatic promotion

70-80 for the play offs.

The sooner we get 70 points the better, and hope we will be in the mix up for automatic promotion.

So basically 2 points an average for automatic promotion.

We need to win our home games and win and draw away from home cannot afford to lose too many games.

We need some nasty sorts in the side.

Wout would fit the bill in defence, Hamza has a nice nasty streak in him and KDH always seems to have a bit about him. 

Could you imagine Maddison at Millwall away? 

Every club bar Plymouth, Southampton and Watford have a local derby to look forward to.

Even then the media will spin Plymouth and Bristol City as a West County Derby and Watford and QPR/Milwall as a London Derby lol 

If we appoint Rafa I could see us winning the league quite comfortably if we appoint Dean Smith we will finish 7-10th.

With Rafa

1) Leicester City (94 points)

2) Sunderland (88 points)

3) Southampton (83 points)

4) Leeds (82 points)

5) WBA (76 points)

6) Bristol City (72 points)

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bilo said:

We need some nasty sorts in the side.

Wout would fit the bill in defence, Hamza has a nice nasty streak in him and KDH always seems to have a bit about him. 

Could yoCould you imagine Maddison at Millwall away?

2 goals, 2 assists?

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If we appoint Rafa I could see us winning the league quite comfortably if we appoint Dean Smith we will finish 7-10th.

With Rafa

1) Leicester City (94 points)

2) Sunderland (88 points)

3) Southampton (83 points)

4) Leeds (82 points)

5) WBA (76 points)

6) Bristol City (72 points)

No middlesbrough in the top six?

• Like 1

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

How has SkyBet got as a favourites to win this? We're rudderless, managerless and need a new squad. 

Gotta start somewhere I guess?

They're going on squad as they are I presume.

Any odds are pointless this early in the season.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I believe away allocations are capped at 2,000. So we could technically sell 30,000 home tickets if demand was high. I do wonder how many clubs will allocate us more than 2,000. I doubt clubs like Cov would.

It's not a cap, it's a minimum - clubs with over 20k capacity must make at least 2,000 away tickets available.  (For stadiums less than 20k, it's 10%.)

Most clubs will offer more if they have room, because they're mostly a bit skint.  Blackburn being a dishonourable exception - when we played them, the crowd was 18k leaving 12k empty seats, and their away end which holds 7,000 was restricted to 2,000 tickets for Burnley fans because they didn't want Burnley fans celebrating the title at their ground.  (The 7,000 were in the corner where the cameras couldn't see them, as well.)  

This is a club losing £20m a season, turning down £150k because they were sulking.

You shouldn't have that problem, so good luck at Deadwood!  Take 7,000 and smash them! ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

It's not a cap, it's a minimum - clubs with over 20k capacity must make at least 2,000 away tickets available.  (For stadiums less than 20k, it's 10%.)

Most clubs will offer more if they have room, because they're mostly a bit skint.  Blackburn being a dishonourable exception - when we played them, the crowd was 18k leaving 12k empty seats, and their away end which holds 7,000 was restricted to 2,000 tickets for Burnley fans because they didn't want Burnley fans celebrating the title at their ground.  (The 7,000 were in the corner where the cameras couldn't see them, as well.)  

This is a club losing £20m a season, turning down £150k because they were sulking.

You shouldn't have that problem, so good luck at Deadwood!  Take 7,000 and smash them! ;)

Thanks. Yes, I think I misworded it a bit. As you say, teams who want to make money and where it's not a high risk/derby game will give as much as they can to make some money and we should be able to take good numbers (depending on how are club handle away ticker priority/sales this season).

I know Rotherham only hold 12K but other than that, most grounds should be around or over the 20K capacity mark.