Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

9 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

It’s a yes from me on the basis it means Evans goes. Don’t want both Evans and Coady personally.

I don't think it means that at all. We'll need at least one new centre half, and possibly two, even if Evans signs a new contract. So we could very easily end up with both Evans and Coady.

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I don't think it means that at all. We'll need at least one new centre half, and possibly two, even if Evans signs a new contract. So we could very easily end up with both Evans and Coady.

we’d currently have vesty, souttar, Evans, Faes possibly coady… I don’t think we’d need a second unless one leaves..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

we’d currently have vesty, souttar, Evans, Faes possibly coady… I don’t think we’d need a second unless one leaves..

We’ve lost Soyuncu and Amartey and the club will do everything it can to get rid of Vestergaard. If it succeeds, we’ll only have Faes, Souttar and Evans (if he signs). I think at least five senior CBs is the norm. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'll probably get laughed at for saying this but I can actually envisage Enzo giving Vestergaard a chance - if Enzo is looking at playing a possession dominant Man City style game, where the defenders don't actually have to do much defending.

Wouldn't be too surprised to be honest. There is a serious lack of pace in our back line though. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'll probably get laughed at for saying this but I can actually envisage Enzo giving Vestergaard a chance - if Enzo is looking at playing a possession dominant Man City style game, where the defenders don't actually have to do much defending.

Surely everyone should start with a clean slate, we have 2 weeks of pre season before the first friendly that's a fair amount of time to have a look at last seasons unwanted before making a decision.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MPH said:

There's an awful lack of pace there. I can see Vesty and Soutar getting a run together or else either with Faes.

I would try Faes in the DM role breaking up attacks.  He's comfortably on the Ball.

But it's early days yet. 

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

There's an awful lack of pace there. I can see Vesty and Soutar getting a run together or else either with Faes.

I would try Faes in the DM role breaking up attacks.  He's comfortably on the Ball.

But it's early days yet. 

Vesty got a call from Enzo today..... 

you-rang.gif

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

But it's early days yet. 

...yes it is early days, and I suspect this defence will not look anywhere near the personnel that we have at the start of the season!!!

We seem to have gone into this make-do and mend mode again with our suggestions, we need round pegs in round holes, not to do so in this rebuilding situation would be a dereliction of duty.

56 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

But it's early days yet. 

id be more concerned about a lack of pace in the prem then the championship. It’s worked for us before admittedly a long time ago but I don’t see us getting two CBs in unless we shift someone else out.. they’ll not see CB as a priority 

8 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

We’ve lost Soyuncu and Amartey and the club will do everything it can to get rid of Vestergaard. If it succeeds, we’ll only have Faes, Souttar and Evans (if he signs). I think at least five senior CBs is the norm. 

Can someone from the youth set up step up? Ben Nelson? 

12 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

My point is I don’t want both, I would rather have one or the other and invest in a younger lad with potential like Edwards.

How much is Coady on? £50k per week at least surely. I presume we'd have to at least match that to entice him to drop down a division. I just don't see how we can do that. I think I'd rather we went in for a younger, cheaper option like Ronnie Edwards at Posh.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

How much is Coady on? £50k per week at least surely. I presume we'd have to at least match that to entice him to drop down a division. I just don't see how we can do that. I think I'd rather we went in for a younger, cheaper option like Ronnie Edwards at Posh.

We'd have already saved a good few 100k on all the players out of contract, so as long as we're not offering silly salaries for every player, then it shouldn't be a problem here. Especially when it's somebody who's captain material and likely our best centre back then we can push the boat out.