Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Let's be honest, likely not to be playing weekly. But is the cover and voice we need over a long season 

One thing about him and Winks is that they are both good passers of the ball, especially short passing. We've got a coach that is all about moving the ball quickly around the pitch to shift opposition defensive blocks. I'd expect him to start the majority of games because the keeper, him and Winks will be starting attacks and recycling the ball. Those players keep the wheels of the machine turning.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

I can't see Faes staying

Contracted til 2027. We'd either have to accept a severely low fee for him while even supplementing his wages for 4 years at another club, or another club would have to be dead set on signing him.

We're stuck with him it seems.

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Let's be honest, likely not to be playing weekly. But is the cover and voice we need over a long season 

I doubt he will be coming here to sit on the bench.

Probably be made captain.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Wolves fans don't rate him. Everton fans seem to a bit more. He's definitely the type of character we need more of though.

There’s Leicester fans that don’t rate Maddison and Barnes…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Great signing. Another English lad to build the core back up. I like the business we’re doing so far. 

Some people are easily pleased. 

This and the hideous Winks link smacks of unimaginative thinking. I'm not against this one per se, but I was kinda hoping to replicate the formula from last time - namely signing up the best / fittest / fastest players in the league. 

• Like 1

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/conor-coady-leicester-transfer-guardiola-30335627

Exclusive:

Conor Coady set to complete Wolves exit after getting Pep Guardiola recommendation

Leicester City are closing in on the signing of the England international as Wolves continue to clear the decks amid their own issues surrounding Financial Fair Play

Leicester are closing in on a deal for Conor Coady.

The Championship club hope to get the transfer completed by this weekend in what would be a major coup for Leicester. The Foxes have even beaten off strong Premier League competition to swoop for England international Coady.

Wolves defender Coady, 30, spent last season on loan at Everton, has now returned to his parent club but is set to move to the King Power Stadium. He is primed to become the second key figure to leave Molineux in a matter of days, following Ruben Neves' well-publicised move to Al-Hilal in Saudi Arabia.

Neves replaced Coady as club captain at the start of last season, but both will now depart as they look to balance the books following a £200m spending spree last season.

Leicester’s new boss Enzo Maresca targeted Coady as the experienced leader needed to guide them straight back to the Premier League. Coady built up a reputation as being a highly-respected voice in the dressing room which saw him become an England regular under Gareth Southgate.

Those leadership qualities coupled with his quality as a proven ball-playing centre half made him the perfect fit for Maresca who has taken the job at the King Power Stadium having been part of Pep Guardiola’s coaching set-up at Manchester City. Guardiola had made complimentary remarks about Coady in the past so Maresca moved quickly to sign a player who can play out from the back.

It represents a change of philosophy in the Championship because Vincent Kompany won promotion with Burnley playing good football last season. That will clearly be Leicester’s ideal for this coming campaign having lost their Premier League status just seven years after being crowned champions.

Leicester want strong, vocal leaders and Coady fits the mould perfectly particularly with big name players set to leave the King Power Stadium this summer. Veteran Jonny Evans has held talks about staying but his contract is due to expire this summer while the likes of James Maddison, Harvey Barnes and Wilfred Ndidi could be on their way in this window.

But the acquisition of Coady shows that Leicester mean business and are determined to bounce straight back.

As for Wolves, uncertainty over large portions of their squad remains. Fellow defender Nathan Collins is being lined up for a move to Brentford, while Tottenham are understood to be monitoring Max Kilman.

Wanderers boss Julen Lopetegui held crisis talks with the club's hierarchy earlier this summer after admitting he didn't appreciate the extent of their FFP concerns.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

This and the hideous Winks link smacks of unimaginative thinking. I'm not against this one per se, but I was kinda hoping to replicate the formula from last time - namely signing up the best / fittest / fastest players in the league. 

Think you might need an intervention. lol

I am actually encouraged as (in my unimaginative mind) these three potential signings all point to the same thing, short fast passing, via a steer from Maresca.

But I am an optimist. :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I think the Winks and Coady can provide the experience and leadership that we’ve missed for some time. Young athletic players still need leadership to rally around all the same. I particularly like the Coady signing just as an extra voice.

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

We had a good blend last time we were promoted. Coady seems in the Nugent mould for me (obviously different positions). He is a good leader and a good pro. I’m a bit dubious over Winks but this one is very positive. 

Hopefully some younger up and coming guys either from the Championship/league 1 or from Man City etc or overseas will follow.

I do agree we wouldn’t want all the signings to be of this mould though. 

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Imagine getting excited by Connor Coady a year ago...:rolleyes: 

But, as it stands, be an excellent signing. Don't want too many players that won't be good enough in the Premier league, but need some leadership. 

Honestly, we would have been fine with this then as well being as our only signing for ages was Smithies.

• Like 1